DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Oh thanks, gotta keep my eyes peeled for it. Do you own it? How is it in hand if so?

No, I don't have it. I've saw it at the DCD booth at NYCC and it pretty sucked. DCD's Joker is tons better looking (the Mattel one is so pin headed) and Robin didn't look so great either. Given the choice between DCD and Mattel, I'd definately go with DCD on Joker and Robin. I'm waiting to find it in stores before making a final choice on it though.

I can't wait for the Black and White 2 pack of Batman and Catwoman though! I really hope there are more figure based off of the promo images :drool

Yeah I got DCD series 1 and 2 sets and the SDCC Batman. Hopefully I can find the comic con Joker at a good price. Even got the 2 pack Batman/Two Face from Mattel. I actually like how the DCD Batman look, even better than the Play Arts because they made it look more like a Manga look, but don't get me wrong it still looks baddass.

Hope they make a Nightwing and Gordon too.

I would love it if they re-release Bane, but with straight legs.....these new ones look great

Without posting any spoilers would an Arkham City bane look any different?

Nah, if anything they might re-release AA wave 2 again, but it wouldn't make any sense to re-release him in AC packaging without changes.

what are the chances of that happening? I thought they only re-released the first wave due to the BBTS not getting any.

There is definitely a lot of demand for a better scaled Bane, and I'm pretty sure if they did release a newer deluxe version of him there wouldn't be any complaints - even from those who already bought the original version.
I'm sure fans would just be happy to get a larger scaled Bane.
Wether DCD would ever consider doing that is unkown of course, but it would be nice to think that they knew there was fan demand for a deluxe version and that it would sell extremely well if they made one.

In Arkham City he is depicted as extremely tall when stood upright, perhaps taller than in AA even.
In the AA character bios they listed Bane as 6'2" when on venom, but in the AC character bios they list him as 9'2" when on venom. Perhaps this was a mistake in the first game bio? Whatever the case, when you confront Bane in Arkham City he definitely makes the DCD figure look underscaled.
Still love the figure though, it's an amazing sculpt!

img_2360.jpg

Nightwing figure. I think this is the Mattel Legacy version, not the DC Direct.

SnakeDoc

Yep, its Mattel. It will be out in Jan, or more likely trickle out in Decemember like a lot of Mattel's products tend to around X-mas. AC Harley is in that wave as well. Single packed this time, not 2 packs.

^ I agree, it looks bad. The headsculpt looks too long in the face, and the paint apps are abysmal.
I wonder if he'll come with any accessories? Mattel seem to be good at making figures designed to hold accessories but then don't include any....

DCD have definitely produced the far superior Arkhamverese figures IMO.

I'm not sure why anyone would buy the Mattel versions over the DCD ones. The only reason I can think of is if someone wants Robin or Two-Face early. I'd rather wait and get a much higher quality figure in every way.

I'm not sure why anyone would buy the Mattel versions over the DCD ones. The only reason I can think of is if someone wants Robin or Two-Face early. I'd rather wait and get a much higher quality figure in every way.

DCD hasn't announced a Two Face or Nightwing. I've thought about getting those two in case DCD never does. Since Batman, Robin, Joker and Harley have already been announced by DCD -- I won't need those.

SnakeDoc

DCD hasn't announced a Two Face or Nightwing. I've thought about getting those two in case DCD never does. Since Batman, Robin, Joker and Harley have already been announced by DCD -- I won't need those.

SnakeDoc
But given that DCD gave us ALL the villains from AA (including titan Joker, now) it's a safe bet that we'll eventually get Nightwing and Two Face from them, especially considering the Penguin wave currently only consists of Penguin. So there's probably two or three others yet to be announced.

Even so, Mattel figures would only be good for filling in gaps in the DCD line, but I doubt that there will be any gaps...

I'd buy a DCD Nightwing if he looked better than the Mattel one.

Maybe Robin and Batman too. Anybody have a pic of the Mattel and DCD Robins?

I'm going to roll the dice and assume DCD will give us a Two-Face and Nightwing(and Grundy and Clayface, and Mad Hatter, etc.) I'm not spending money on the Mattel figures, they look like crap, IMO.

^ yep, I'm also hoping we'll get a DCD Nightwing, Two-Face, Mad Hatter, Clayface, Ras Al Ghul, Talia & Grundy. Oh, and a Deadshot would go down quite nicely too.

Back