DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Sorry to be lazy but, when are the DC series 1 figures released? I'm sure I read somewhere they had been delayed. Thanks anyone

Series 1 was going to be out this December, but so far it now delayed and there's no mention of the new date yet. Most likely these will be out early next year.

Yeah, a while ago there was an official report stating these would be delayed, but so far there's been no mention of when and they're still listed as a December release everywhere.
The past couple of DCD re-solicits haven't mentioned these figures either.
Possibly foolish of me but I'm hoping that the December date is going to stick.

From the overall Arkham line, so far ...

- they've already done Batman, Batman (armored), Joker, Harley, Scarecrow, Bane, Ivy, and Zsasz (as well as two exclusives -- sick Joker, damaged Batman).

- they've announced -- [WAVE 1] Batman (unmasked), Harley, Robin, [WAVE 2] Batman (detective), Catwoman, Riddler, Hush, [WAVE 3] Penguin, [DX WAVE 1] Mr. Freeze (deluxe), Killer Croc (deluxe), [DX WAVE 2] Titan Joker (deluxe).

That leaves the following notable characters from the games unannounced/unproduced ... Two Face, Nightwing, Bruce Wayne, Hugo Strange, Solomon Grundy, Clayface, Ras Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Calendar Man, Azrael, Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Aaron Cash, Vicki Vale, and those two one-armed Joker/Penguin goons. From the waves, it looks like 1 figure is missing from Wave 1 (assuming it is the same size as the other waves), 3 figures from Wave 3, and 1 more deluxe from DX Wave 2. That's if no other waves are announced. That's five total missing figures.

I think Two Face and Nightwing are the two most glaring omissions -- since Mattel did both, I'd say they're almost a sure thing. Grundy and Clayface will both have to be deluxe figures -- so they'd be released either alone or in a separate release (since there is clearly a deluxe line, I think the chances are good so long as Croc sells). I think Two Face, Nightwing and Grundy will be three of the five figures in the announced waves.

Beyond those -- I'd say Ras, Strange, Wayne, Hatter, and Deadshot are the next tier ... two of those will be the other two-of-five, and the rest are likely to be produced if the line gets that far. My guess would be Hugo Strange and Ras as the other two, with Hatter, Wayne and Deadshot left for a later wave. Clayface would have to be in a separate deluxe wave, I guess (I'd rather they just move Freeze to a standard wave to fit Clayface into the deluxe group ... I can't think of another deluxe figure to go with Clayface. Maybe the one-armed thugs?).

I'd like a Black Mask -- and nearly put him with that group above -- but he's just not in the game much. Gordon, Black Mask, Talia and those two siamese goons are the next group ... far less likely but plausible. I think Azrael, Calendar Man, Alfred, Cash, and Vale are most likely wishful thinking.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Thanks for the info! I guess we have to wait for these.

That leaves the following notable characters from the games unannounced/unproduced ... Two Face, Nightwing, Bruce Wayne, Hugo Strange, Solomon Grundy, Clayface, Ras Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Calendar Man, Azrael, Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Aaron Cash, Vicki Vale, and those two one-armed Joker/Penguin goons. From the waves, it looks like 1 figure is missing from Wave 1 (assuming it is the same size as the other waves), 3 figures from Wave 3, and 1 more deluxe from DX Wave 2. That's if no other waves are announced. That's five total missing figures.

I think Two Face and Nightwing are the two most glaring omissions

I think Ras and Talia are the most glaring omissions considering their roles in the game.

Nightwing doesn't even appear in the main game and Two Face only makes brief appearances.

I think Ras and Talia are the most glaring omissions considering their roles in the game.

Nightwing doesn't even appear in the main game and Two Face only makes brief appearances.

Two Face may not have had a boss-battle -- but he's a featured villain throughout the game (the Catwoman kidnapping, to billboards, to signs, to thug-chatter), and a major player in the AC advertising campaign. There was a "Two Face" trailer, Two Face black-and-white characer art, and even a steelbook with his image on it. My guess is that Two Face is the addition to Wave 1, if there is one. He was the FIRST villain produced in Mattel's AC line.

What they really need is an "Uncle Two-Face" ... maybe an exclusive.

Uncle-Two-Face-Wants-you..png

Nightwing is in basically the same situation as Robin ... and Robin is in Wave 1 (though Robin does make a cursory in-game appearance, he is mostly featured in DLC). Mattel has already previewed their Nightwing figure ... DCD won't leave him out.

I think Ras will end-up being made, and is probably in Wave 3 ... but he was a secret character, so he wouldn't be announced until later.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I do think a 4th figure will be added to the first wave since 99.9% of DCD's waves are 4 figure waves. So three always felt odd to me. And I was at NYCC and I couldn't see ANY clear indicators on which of those figures was in what wave. So anyone from Penguin to Hush could be that 4th figure in wave 1, or someone entirely new like Two-face or Strange.

I honestly feel Freeze will either end up as a regular figure, or feature more things than was shown at NYCC (like a light up feature, Nora, or ice things). Otherwise there is ZERO reason why he should be a DX when we got BANE as regular figure.

So I think the DX wave 1 will be Titan Joker and Killer Croc. I then think a wave 2 would have to be Grundy and Clayface.

And since they've gone back and given us Titan Joker, I feel we will eventually get ALL of the named villians from this game. Blackest Night got 8 full waves and 1 deluxe figure before it ended (and is still somewhat going forward with some Green Lantern figure waves). So we could potentially get 8 waves of 4 figures, which would be 32 figures, even if 4 of those end up being Batmen we still should get everyone.

Possible Batman variants:

Wave 1 Batman (with sick Bruce unmasked head)
Wave 2 Batman (Dective mode vision)
Wave 3 Batman (Battle Damage)
Wave 4 Batman (DKR skin)
Wave 5 Batman (70's Skin)
Wave 6 Batman (Batman Beyond skin)
Wave 7 Batman (Sinestro Corps skin)
Wave 8 Batman (Earth 1 skin)
SDCC Batman (Mad Hatter mask)

They really can offer us a Batman in every wave this time and not make it feel like a crutch. I'm sure some of those skins are actually quite wanted like DKR.

Don't know where else to post this, but did you guys know hot wheels made a Arkham Asylum Batmobile? Just wanted to give you freaks a heads up.
8268b50c.jpg

Thats pretty cool. I remember a year or two ago when Mattel was selling Wonder Woman's "Invisible" Plane at SDCC. It was just an empty package. And it was $20! :lol

:lol and people actually bought it knowing it's an empty package?
Glad these were only a buck each and not an exclusive.

I'm thinking Freeze might be Deluxe because his armour might be removable. The top helmet half, anyway, to give him a look similar to when you first meet him.

Also I doubt that the first wave will get a fourth figure, considering promo art and such are already done with just the three. I'd have thought we'd have seen the fourth figure the same time they showed the other future waves. SHRUG.

^ I agree, I highly doubt wave one is going to get another figure added to it - especially since retailers have them on their sites to pre-order with prices attatched to them. If another figure was added last minute then retailers would have to change all their info and pricing and inform every customer who'd already pre-ordered from them.

As for Mr. Freeze, I've been studying some large pictures of him from NYCC, and it doesn't look like his armour is removeable to me. The neck looks like it's moulded to the inside of the helmet/armour. The arm armour doesn't look removeable either so it would look weird with that still there and the rest of it removed.... in the game his arms were bare.
Also, I know a few people have guessed that he may have a light up feature, but I can't see any evidence to suggest that either.
The parts that would, in theory, light up are clearly just hard moulded plastic like the rest of the sculpt and there aren't any parts of the sculpt that show enough transparency for a light source.
My guess is the only reason he's a deluxe is because DCD deemed the amount of detail on him worthy of it, and that he will be priced slightly cheaper than the other deluxe releases (Titan Joker & Croc)
I'm pretty sure the only reason we got Bane in the normal wave with AA series 2 is simply because there was no deluxe wave back then.

^ I agree, I highly doubt wave one is going to get another figure added to it - especially since retailers have them on their sites to pre-order with prices attatched to them. If another figure was added last minute then retailers would have to change all their info and pricing and inform every customer who'd already pre-ordered from them.

As for Mr. Freeze, I've been studying some large pictures of him from NYCC, and it doesn't look like his armour is removeable to me. The neck looks like it's moulded to the inside of the helmet/armour. The arm armour doesn't look removeable either so it would look weird with that still there and the rest of it removed.... in the game his arms were bare.
Also, I know a few people have guessed that he may have a light up feature, but I can't see any evidence to suggest that either.
The parts that would, in theory, light up are clearly just hard moulded plastic like the rest of the sculpt and there aren't any parts of the sculpt that show enough transparency for a light source.
My guess is the only reason he's a deluxe is because DCD deemed the amount of detail on him worthy of it, and that he will be priced slightly cheaper than the other deluxe releases (Titan Joker & Croc)
I'm pretty sure the only reason we got Bane in the normal wave with AA series 2 is simply because there was no deluxe wave back then.
Yeah, I think you're right. Bane also cost slightly more than the others in his wave, so I suppose he was kind of a semi-deluxe figure contained within a wave. Freeze will probably be like that, but not contained in a regular wave, just 'cause he's a lot more complicated than figures like Ivy or Zsasz, like Bane was. So yeah.

I'm thinking Freeze might be Deluxe because his armour might be removable. The top helmet half, anyway, to give him a look similar to when you first meet him.

Also I doubt that the first wave will get a fourth figure, considering promo art and such are already done with just the three. I'd have thought we'd have seen the fourth figure the same time they showed the other future waves. SHRUG.

Wave 1 has been officially cancelled. So when they re-solicit them they could have entirely new promo art, and a fourth figure. Before they were cancelled, adding a 4th figure was unlikely. But now that they got the axe, its entirely possible since they have to re-solicit them all over again.

Wave 1 has been officially cancelled. So when they re-solicit them they could have entirely new promo art, and a fourth figure. Before they were cancelled, adding a 4th figure was unlikely. But now that they got the axe, its entirely possible since they have to re-solicit them all over again.
Ah, fair point. Though I heard that but the release dates and such haven't been changed. HM. Even if they're delayed and we still only get 3 figures, it'll be less time before the next wave so they could all come out at near enough the same time, in one big clump.

No, the release dates have definately been changed. Otherwise they'd be out in about a month, which would have been crazy fast for a DCD item. Considering they showed Croc off at SDCC and he isn't supposed to be avaialble until about next SDCC, they definately solicit these things 9-12 months in advance, not 3 like wave 1 was going to be. So somethign seemed fishy from the get-go with the 3 figure wave and super short turnaround.

But I imagine they will start pumping these out fairly close to each other to keep the buzz alive.

No, the release dates have definately been changed. Otherwise they'd be out in about a month, which would have been crazy fast for a DCD item. Considering they showed Croc off at SDCC and he isn't supposed to be avaialble until about next SDCC, they definately solicit these things 9-12 months in advance, not 3 like wave 1 was going to be. So somethign seemed fishy from the get-go with the 3 figure wave and super short turnaround.

But I imagine they will start pumping these out fairly close to each other to keep the buzz alive.
As far as I'm aware there's been nothing officially announced yet about a new release date for series 1, and all the current dates - even on DCD's site - still say December 21st.
Also, it's not that fast considering the Harley figure was shown almost a year ago now, so for all we know all three figures in that wave could have been in production for nearly a year now.
I have a feeling the NYCC Joker was originaly intended to be in wave 1 but they scrapped it so they could have him as the exclusive there instead.

Its hard to say on the NYCC Joker. He was a quick and easy figure to do since he was only a new headsculpt. DCD hasn't quite sunk to that level yet with the Arkahm line by giving us 'new' figures with just a few changes. The only ones have been con exclusives really - BD Batman and Sick Joker.

I mean, obviouly, the Joker is a good candidate for a wave 1 slot along with Harley (just as they were in AA's wave 1). I'm just surprised they made Joker a NYCC exclusive to begin with. I mean, sure its just a new head on the old figure's body with a repaint, but he is still the Joker! He always sells well. But then again, the NYCC figure is still available on their website. I thought for sure he'd be an instant sell out!

I dont know if thes ehave been posted here, but just for the benefit of those who havent seen the new revealed Arkham City figures and some deluxe figures from Arkham Asylum from DC Direct at the NYCC booth, here are some pics...

Robin
img_2490.jpg

Catwoman
img_24871.jpg

Detective Vision Batman
img_24891.jpg

The Riddler
img_2488.jpg

The Penguin
img_2486.jpg

Mr. Freeze
img_2499.jpg