DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Why is Freeze a Deluxe release? He looks like a regular sized figure to me. Still, DCD has seriously knocked this line out of the park and given us the most complete Bat-series in a very long time. I'd still like to see a regular thug and Gordon at some point though.
I'd really love to see some thug figures from DCD too. A regular Joker thug, an Arkham inmate knife thug, a Penguin thug. Shame it'll most likely never happen.
I'm still really suprised and excited that DCD went ahead with deluxe figures for this line. It's so rare to get anything like that from DCD. While I do also find it odd they added Freeze to the deluxe line-up, it's so great to be able to get characters we wouldn't normaly get due to their size like Croc and Titan Joker.

Batman-Arkham-City-Abramovici-Twins-1.jpg

I'd be in for the one armed hammer clown thug. Though he should be discounted since he only comes with 3/4 of his limbs ... heh. Actually, I think Gordon from AA would be good, though ... he's the only really notable absence from AA now that Croc and Titan Joker are confirmed.

SnakeDoc

Actualy that's a great idea for another deluxe figure pack SnakeDoc - since we know Penguin has the other one-armed twin in his gang, they could release both one-armed twins together in one set.
I'd be in for a Gordon too - and some Arkham guards aswell actualy....

I'd really like to know what that 3rd line up up AC figures is. I'd really like DCD to do a Two-Face, as I find Mattel's offering sub-par compared to their DCD counterparts. Two-Face, Mad Hatter and Nightwing would be a nice series 3.

I'd rather have Grundy, Hugo Strange, Deadshot, Black Mask -- or one of the spoiled villains to be named later -- than Hatter. I always thought Hatter was one of the dumber Batman villains, actually ... though we'll see how he works out in the game.

Found a picture of the variant Batman. Clearly looks like a "Detective Mode" version ...

img_24891.jpg

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Since I never played AA I don't know what this detective mode batman is, does he put on a colored suit when he's investigating?

I'm a little puzzled by Crock, usually when a company does open mouth variants they don't give the open mouth ver the option to open and close. I think they decided to give crock jaw articulation at the last moment and displayed the WIP figure.

Robin's body proportions on the DCD figure make him look dumb. too short from his waist to his feet.

What I got from NYCC is that the new Croc sculpt there is going to replace the painted on on the body. The new sculpt had a hinged jaw so I fully expect that one to replace the closed mouth the first sculpt had.

I donno some people think that they will release 2 heads. is it just me or does Catwomen's face sculpt not look very attractive on DC Direct's figure? the mattel one has the goggles sculpted on the face which is kinda a cop-out but I'll still grab her anyway. I'm guessing they will release a grey version with just the red eyes, like the box art.

What I got from NYCC is that the new Croc sculpt there is going to replace the painted on on the body. The new sculpt had a hinged jaw so I fully expect that one to replace the closed mouth the first sculpt had.
I agree, I think they're going to replace the original head with the hinged jaw version. With that said, I'm curious as to why they made the decision to change it.
It's unusual for DCD to change a sculpt at this late a stage, especially to add extra articulation. Perhaps the hinged jaw will justify a higher price?

I'd really like to know what that 3rd line up up AC figures is. I'd really like DCD to do a Two-Face, as I find Mattel's offering sub-par compared to their DCD counterparts. Two-Face, Mad Hatter and Nightwing would be a nice series 3.
I'd really like to know who the rest of wave 3 is too, but now thinking about it, if Two-Face was going to be in there then surely they would have displayed him since he's one of the first characters to be revealed.
This leads me to believe he's not in wave 3, and some unrevealed characters will be instead. Nightwing is almost a given, so perhaps Mad Hatter could be one of the villains, along with a second villain filling the fourth spot (I have an idea who but it's a spoiler)
If this is true, that leaves to be made: Two-Face, Hugo Strange (2 of the bigger names in AC - I'd be gutted if they didn't get made) Talia, Black Mask, Deadshot & Grundy. That's excluding any other characters who could potentially be in the game. There's definitely room there for another wave, if not two.
A Batman variant (masked), Two-Face, Hugo Strange & Talia sounds like an excellent wave to me....

And Grundy is an obvious choice for a Deluxe wave 2 with Titan Joker. Still not sure why Freeze is a 'deluxe.' If we can get Bane as a regular figure, I don't see why we can't get Freeze as one. Hopefully there was just miscommunication about that. Or maybe when wave 1 gets resolicited it will be back to being a 4 figure wave instead of that odd 3 figure wave.

And if anyone is looking for a Sickened Joker and has the v2 AA Harley with corrected gloves, let me know :monkey3

I would think that if they're going to keep to 2 figures per deluxe wave, that Grundy would be released alongside Titan Joker. Still, maybe it is a miscommunication and Freeze is a regular figure. I don't think we'll get anything added to Series 1 though, wasn't it already solicited?

I'm still wondering if they're going to do anymore releases from AA or just concentrate on AC now. With the amount of characters in AC so far, it looks like they can get to at least series 4 or 5, maybe more depending on what other characters haven't been seen yet. We'll know in 3 days.

Since I never played AA I don't know what this detective mode batman is, does he put on a colored suit when he's investigating?

I'm a little puzzled by Crock, usually when a company does open mouth variants they don't give the open mouth ver the option to open and close. I think they decided to give crock jaw articulation at the last moment and displayed the WIP figure.

Robin's body proportions on the DCD figure make him look dumb. too short from his waist to his feet.

"Detective mode" is a bit like the sonar system on The Dark Knight -- lenses over the eyes that help you see enemies through walls, identify enemies with weapons, or follow evidence trails. Glowing eyes, and everything has a bluish tint. See below ...

BatmanDetectiveMode-B-AC.jpg

Batman-Arkham-City-Screenshot-Shows-Off-Detective-Mode-Brawling.jpg

SnakeDoc

I would think that if they're going to keep to 2 figures per deluxe wave, that Grundy would be released alongside Titan Joker. Still, maybe it is a miscommunication and Freeze is a regular figure. I don't think we'll get anything added to Series 1 though, wasn't it already solicited?

I'm still wondering if they're going to do anymore releases from AA or just concentrate on AC now. With the amount of characters in AC so far, it looks like they can get to at least series 4 or 5, maybe more depending on what other characters haven't been seen yet. We'll know in 3 days.
Well, there really aren't any AA characters left, are there? If we're talking heroes/supervillains then we're pretty much done with AA now we've got the titan Joker.

Well, there really aren't any AA characters left, are there? If we're talking heroes/supervillains then we're pretty much done with AA now we've got the titan Joker.

From AA ... the only two I can think of are Jim Gordon and Aaron Cash (guard that lost his hand to Killer Croc).

SnakeDoc

There is still Gordon that they never got to, but other than that, they've pretty much got all of the main characters without getting into the lesser ones like Dr. Young or Aaron Cash, although I'd love a Cash figure.

Are we sure that the AC Ivy, Bane and Zsasz wave is exactly the same as the AA one? The Bane figure looks to have slightly straighter legs....though this might just be wishful thinking.

There are no AC Ivy, Bane, and Zsasz figures, just the AA ones. :confused:

Looks like they may be re-releasing them under the AC tag, since all three make new appearances in AC, with their looks seemingly unchanged.

316564_10150415712479258_217614609257_10209925_812187337_n.jpg

Looks like they may just be the same figures over again, though.

SnakeDoc

Probably just re-releasing that wave like they did the first wave :dunno

Maybe so ... though they are behind an AC sign, so they may alter the packaging to go along with the new game.

SnakeDoc

Back