DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Saying things and showing things are two very different things. If this was still their biggest line they would have shown something at SDCC, but they didn't. That has me VERY worried. We usually know what the next wave is going to be before the last revealed wave is coming out and since that seems to be any time now by the Chinese sellers. We should have been shown series 4 right now or Grundy if they were coming out anytime soon. :dunno

If this was still their biggest line they would have shown something at SDCC, but they didn't.
Well no, because it's not like they HAVE to show anything. This all seems like fearmongering - taking not knowing anything about the next wave as meaning that it's probably not happening. Which is silly. If this line wasn't successful, they wouldn't have started to introduce thug figures. Heck, this feels pointless even talking about because it's incredibly unlikely that this is the last wave.

Saw this on another forum. It's a new quote our of SDCC:

https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40235

Figures from the "Batman: Arkham City" action figure series were highlighted next. "[This] might be the best super-hero video game ever created and one of the best action video games ever created. I know the figures were a surprise to a lot of us, because everybody bought a lot of them, so we're going to make a lot more, " Johns said of the line.

So if the quote is accurate and 100% true, then it seems that there are definitely more waves on the way. Maybe the fact we haven't seen anything new yet is because they simply didnt have any new protos ready to show. Maybe they wanted to wait and see how the first few waves of AC sold before committing to more. Whatever the case, hopefully we'll see something new at NYTF or later in the year.

They announced at their panel that more were coming in 2013. I'm not worried.

Did they? That is good then. As long as it wasn't Johns saying it. He's got nothing to do with the toys, just the comics. So I wouldn't be taking his word alone as confirmation. But it would seem series 3 is it for the year (save for Titan Joker). I guess they'll sit on their hand until NYCC in October then. IF Grundy is there, that makes it a full year since his initial 'reveal' there last year. And probably another year or so until he actually ships! :(

it could just mean that they will be making the figures already showcased in bigger quantities.

it could just mean that they will be making the figures already showcased in bigger quantities.
But it doesn't. Can we stop with all this 'ooer there might not be another wave' business? There's absolutely no reason to think that, and every reason to think it's continuing, especially since people have basically said that it is doing.

dude I'm trying to see the glass half empty here. now stop with all this positivity.

Series 3 are now available in Hong Kong. Could this mean we'll be seeing these early? So glad to see they kept the usual packaging for this series too! They all look great, especially Penguin and Ras. Nice to see they're still expanding on Batman's arsenal too with the inclusion of his explosive gel gun.

KGrHqRiwE37Mo7wCBQG9mPH460_3.jpg

T2eC16Rw0E9szNYhshBQG2zmg0w60_3.jpg

KGrHqRqFHz6dNKJBQG1zPgb60_3.jpg

KGrHqFhMEmV9LTzWBQG3vLiEw60_3.jpg

KGrHqZhYE6eolbdUgBQG47l760_3.jpg

KGrHqRhwFRqGHOLBQG6NFqy60_3.jpg

KGrHqNqMEn9cdiBQG62kjGg60_3.jpg

Nice! Just put a order through my LCS for the set of 6. Had to pass on Titan Joker, he was asking for over $70 for it.

I wonder who will be in series 4.. I am hoping for Red Hood (DLC for challenge maps), Talia al Ghul, battle damaged batman and catwoman, hugo strange and Bruce Wayne with handcuffs

Finally, a black Batman! (^_^)
I have 1 on preorder, and btw Hi everyone :)

I wonder who will be in series 4.. I am hoping for Red Hood (DLC for challenge maps), Talia al Ghul, battle damaged batman and catwoman, hugo strange and Bruce Wayne with handcuffs
Dc Collectibles said that Arkham City line will continue in '13 too!
And Arkham Deluxe Grundy is coming....

Last edited:

we need a Clay Face. The only good clayface figure I remember is the BTAS one, but I was about 7 when I got it lmao.

I bet a deluxe Clayface would look fantastic aswell. I loved his look in the game. Hopefully he'll be next in the deluxe line after Grundy. I'm really wanting Hugo and Two-Face the most right now in the regular line, closely followed by Deadshot and Talia. Anyone else after those, such as Nightwing and Black Mask, would be very very nice aswell, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if they didn't get made.

my bad, it was a typo, I meant Red Robin

I bet a deluxe Clayface would look fantastic aswell. I loved his look in the game. Hopefully he'll be next in the deluxe line after Grundy. I'm really wanting Hugo and Two-Face the most right now in the regular line, closely followed by Deadshot and Talia. Anyone else after those, such as Nightwing and Black Mask, would be very very nice aswell, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if they didn't get made.

Me too, Hugo is a MUST, and IDK if I should wait for DcC Two-Face or getting the Mattel's one? :-s:dunno

The Mattel one looks really toy-like compared to the DCC figures. I'm sure DCC will eventually get round to making him, and I'm sure theirs will be much better than the Mattel version too.

Yup, I know... Can't wait 'til DcC shows more Arkham figures (^_^)

Back