DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Two-face figure, NEEDS to be in this pose;

Batman-Arkham-City-Two-Face-600x375.jpg

but yeah, we need;

Strange, Talia, Nightwing, Deadshot, Clayface, Abromovich brothers, Grieving harley, Bane, Zsasz version 2, two face and Black Mask.

We also need this man IMO;

Batman-UnknownAR-5.jpg

Aaron Cash. Maybe even a Gordon figure from harleys revenge.

But my thoughts on having thugs are this; Weve got Joker ones with Baseball bat and Knife, so we need these;

Penguin thug with Assault rifle, Penguin thug with sniper rifle both in the furry jackets. Penguin thugs IMO looked the best;

7296327466_f53b30b219.jpg

Tyger guards; One commando with assault rifle, one body armoured, one with shock sticks and a final one with sniper rifle.

I'd quite like a new Zsasz in a more neutral pose (but with articulation to get him into a crazyyyy pose as well). The current version is really short, it'd be nice to have a straight legged version just to gain some height.

And we need deluxe Bane. And if the green pipes could be semi-transparant it'd probably look better than the old one. And a new Joker, that'd be nice too.

I'd quite like a new Zsasz in a more neutral pose (but with articulation to get him into a crazyyyy pose as well). The current version is really short, it'd be nice to have a straight legged version just to gain some height.

And we need deluxe Bane. And if the green pipes could be semi-transparant it'd probably look better than the old one. And a new Joker, that'd be nice too.

Character trophy would be perfect;

ZsaszAC.jpg

Agreed. And the more neutral look seems more menacing than the current screaming one.

Zsas, Ivy and Bane are all fair candidates for updated figures IMO. Zsas and Ivy both had very slightly altered costumes in AC, and Bane is just crying out to be updated into the deluxe line. If they were to re-make Bane, I'd much prefer they gave him reddish/brown tubes instead of the bright green ones.

My LCS hooked me up with a Catwoman and Riddler at half price, so essentially buy one get one, and frankly, while they both had perfect paint , they are still big letdowns.

Catwoman has a whopping 9 points of articulation and can't look up past about shoulder level, and Riddler just looks completely wrong without the glasses, even worse with the hat on. :slap

Really dissapointed with these. Also I had to use a metal screwdriver to pry open Riddler's hand to get his cane into it, and no stands. I'll pick up Penguin then I'm done. DC Direct really phoned these later waves in.

Riddler looks great - the hat looks a lot better if you have it tilted back, so it's more on the back of his head than directly on top. Definitely one of my favourite figures in the whole line. Some people are bothered about there being no glasses, but from the neck down he's great, and has a decent amount of articulation.

I never understand people criticising these figures so heavily. They're not flawless, but better than many other figure lines.

I never understand people criticising these figures so heavily. They're not flawless, but better than many other figure lines.

Well with all due respect it's basically the same 4-5 AC fans keeping this thread alive, I don't think it hurts to have a more grounded review/perspective.

They are not the worst figures ever, but they are lacking in alot of ways and why? DC's own admission was that AA waves sold better then anything they ever made so why are they half assing these now, no glasses, no stands, no excuse. They cut corners because they knew they could and that's BS. Same reason Freeze is a deluxe at $44.

Catwoman, the only other story mode playable action oriented character has less articulation(9 points) then anyone else. And Bolas instead of a whip? And Riddler who's in it all of one scene has more articulation but can't show it off because he'll topple over with no stand. It's just dissapointing because AA Waves 1 and 2 prove they can and have done better.

Well with all due respect it's basically the same 4-5 AC fans keeping this thread alive, I don't think it hurts to have a more grounded review/perspective.
So anyone who disagrees with you isn't 'grounded'?

They are not the worst figures ever, but they are lacking in alot of ways and why? DC's own admission was that AA waves sold better then anything they ever made so why are they half assing these now, no glasses, no stands, no excuse. They cut corners because they knew they could and that's BS. Same reason Freeze is a deluxe at $44.

Catwoman, the only other story mode playable action oriented character has less articulation(9 points) then anyone else. And Bolas instead of a whip? And Riddler who's in it all of one scene has more articulation but can't show it off because he'll topple over with no stand. It's just dissapointing because AA Waves 1 and 2 prove they can and have done better.
Catwoman has more than 9. Neck, both shoulders, both elbows, both wrists, hips, knees, ankles. That's 13. Though I might have miscounted because I'm not as grounded as you are. And she does have a whip.

And Riddler doesn't fall over without a stand. The stands were ugly anyway, the only ones who really need one are Mad Hatter and Ivy, who both come with one. And Riddler has the same amount of articulation as Catwoman.

None of your complaints are particularly grounded, because you're not basing them on the facts.

my LCS said to me Joker Deluxe will be around £60. Theres a huge Price hike introduced for him is what he is being told because it supposedly nearly twice as tall as croc.

He has never lied to me and always gives me favourable prices. But £60? Jesus

I haven't bought any of Wave 2 yet. Liked the Deluxe wave a lot, though. Freeze could've been quite a bit cheaper.

I'll likely get Penguin, Ras and Batman from Wave 3. Maybe Azrael. Not too hyped on the thugs. Eh. They're alright. Still want to go back and get Hush, Riddler, and Catwoman. Maybe Hatter. No go on Wave 2 Batman.

I haven't been terribly unimpressed with any so far. The Deluxe prices were way high, though. I wouldn't buy another Zsasz or Ivy. I'd consider a Bane ... but I'd think really hard about it before I dropped $50 on one. I'd rather have a Grundy and Clayface than Bane. I'll skip the Titan Joker ... WAY too expensive for a weird 'roided-up variant.

Any word on Wave 4? Hoping for a Strange, Nightwing, Two Face, Talia and Deadshot. Maybe with a heavily-battle-damaged Batman. Actually, if I was sure there was a BD Batman on the way, I'd probably skip the Wave 3 Batman.

SnakeDoc

my LCS said to me Joker Deluxe will be around £60. Theres a huge Price hike introduced for him is what he is being told because it supposedly nearly twice as tall as croc.

He has never lied to me and always gives me favourable prices. But £60? Jesus
Yeah, the price is £60, but I'm still kind of tempted....

Yeah, the price is £60, but I'm still kind of tempted....

Yeah im still buying. No chsnce im not, im buying every one that comes out. Really, you only get 3 waves a year and 2 deluxe waves so its not like theyre releasing a figure every week!

Wave 4 will be released (I think) '13... Who knows?

Wave 4 will be released (I think) '13... Who knows?

Im hoping it will be February. Why? Well, Wave 2 came out in April/May, wave 3 in September, so october, november, december, january and the 5th month will be February!

Hope we get an announcement soon. Dying to for some Penguin thugs or Tyger Guards along with Strange, Deadshot, Talia, Battle Damage Batman, Clay battle batman with sword....

Infact, Im bored with the batman figure poses. They need to do something different. I propose that DCD make the Battle damage Batman like this;

Batman-Arkham-City.jpg

batman-arkham-city-fighting.jpg

Have Battle Damage Batman as gliding. Then you get to see the full damage to the cape, the full damage to the suit. Have it stand up just like the Black and white statue. Just something different than the same pose for each batman. Or the kick. Something different.

Clay batman should be with the sword like this;

9d655fcc431a92737dd126c6166b94c0_20111117.JPEG

But with the clay covering him;

0.jpg

Then you could make some epic diaoramas.

Is it fair to say that Strange and Two-Face will be certainties for wave 4? I wouldn't be surprised to see Nightwing OR Deadshot in that wave, along with a Batman variant and perhaps some new thugs.

Then the wave after would be Talia, whichever out of Nightwing/Deadshot wasn't in the previous wave, a new Batman, Black Mask and some more thugs. And then that'd be pretty much everyone, aside from Grundy and Clayface, who'd be deluxe figures. I can see Grundy coming out around the time of wave 4, and Clayface coming out alongside the final wave.

And in a few months I can quote this post and be all HOW RIGHT WAS I?!

Im hoping it will be February. Why? Well, Wave 2 came out in April/May, wave 3 in September, so october, november, december, january and the 5th month will be February!

Hope we get an announcement soon. Dying to for some Penguin thugs or Tyger Guards along with Strange, Deadshot, Talia, Battle Damage Batman, Clay battle batman with sword....

Infact, Im bored with the batman figure poses. They need to do something different. I propose that DCD make the Battle damage Batman like this;

Batman-Arkham-City.jpg

batman-arkham-city-fighting.jpg

Have Battle Damage Batman as gliding. Then you get to see the full damage to the cape, the full damage to the suit. Have it stand up just like the Black and white statue. Just something different than the same pose for each batman. Or the kick. Something different.

Clay batman should be with the sword like this;

9d655fcc431a92737dd126c6166b94c0_20111117.JPEG

But with the clay covering him;

0.jpg

Then you could make some epic diaoramas.

I would love to see a Batman with clay on him with the sword...

Hope we hear some news abt series 4 soon... :(

Back