DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

I've looked around on some AC sites ... and I think you're actually breaking this news right here. It isn't mentioned anywhere else. A new exclusive villain reveal on SSCollectors. Heh.

SnakeDoc

nice, lol

If your goin back could you take pics pf the Play Arts display?

I remember seeing concept art for him. I think it's on a wikia page.

There was some concept art of Hush released with the Hush Bio in Arkham Asylum, if you found the "Thomas Elliot" Riddler Challenge ...

090209_arkhamasylum_hush--article_image.jpg

SnakeDoc

I think the play-arts figures look weird. They're a bit ... gangly-looking.

And they're $50. Holy moly. With all the villains in Arkham City, you'd go broke getting the whole rogues gallery. I'll take the $15 non-gangly DC Direct ones.

SnakeDoc

I am a fan of Play Arts. But as a long-time, casual DC Direct collector I am extremely impressed with both the quality of their AA/AC figures and the scope of the line. IMO they are the best figures they have ever produced, period, and maybe my favorite Batman figures outside of vintage BTAS.

What is the Batman in the background behind Catwoman? Looks like a Black-and-White ... but not exactly. The face below the cowl is white instead of flesh-colored ... but it looks like it has knee and shoulder joints. Its definitely not the previous AA Black and White ... he didn't have the gun.

SnakeDoc

What is the Batman in the background behind Catwoman? Looks like a Black-and-White ... but not exactly. The face below the cowl is white instead of flesh-colored ... but it looks like it has knee and shoulder joints. Its definitely not the previous AA Black and White ... he didn't have the gun.

SnakeDoc

Good question...I did notice him but didn't take a closeup. He reminded me of a blue-glowy Ben Kenobi type. Maybe a "Detective Mode" Batman so that they can be sure to have Bats in every series?

So, judging by the alternate WIP of Croc, it looks like he'll have 2 heads (or a movable jaw)?

Hey, speak of the Devil. The Joker I ordered got here today! For a simple head swap and slight repaint, he is an AWESOME figure. Very scary too :lol

I don't think the scarring is entirely accurate as he looks kinda like Freddy Krueger instead of having a bad rash like we've seen in the trailers, but I still like it. And perhaps he gets worse later in the game and this is the result? Joker was messed up before, but he's even more messed up now.

Not sure if this was a wise figure to make a NYCC exclusive though. I can't imagine the Joker not having a big role in the game, or at least a very memorable one. Perhaps a more accurately done head will be done in a regular wave. I can see this being in high demand. I highly suggest snagging one off of ebay now while you can for a reasonable price. From the description, he's only going to come with a base so you aren't really missing out on anything accesssory wise on ebay. :dunno

Pics later tonight if I get a chance!

PS I don't think there is going to be a 4th figure in wave 1 now. I think they would have at least solicited it as a mystery figure in the set if there was another. With sites taking pre-orders already it would be a major pain for them to have to offer/add another figure to everyone who has already ordered.

DC Direct are to resolicit these so all orders are canceled so it is possible that they could add a fourth figure.

WOW. WOW. WOW. I'm literaly stunned by these pictures!!

DCD have seriously blown Mattel out of the water! These things look absolutely incredible!! This has to be DCD's best work to date, and my previous worries about DCD not providing a full character line-up can be extinguished now for sure!
The Titan-Joker was a big suprise. As was Hush of course!

So, for now we have:

Series 1 -
Batman Unmasked
Robin
Harley Quinn

Series 2 -
Batman Variant
Catwoman
The Riddler
Hush

Series 3 -
Penguin

Series 1 Deluxe -
Killer Croc
Mr. Freeze

Series 2 Deluxe -
Titan Joker

So, character wise we have still got Two-face, Mad Hatter, Nightwing, Hugo Strange, Talia, Deadshot & Grundy in the game.
Since series 3 only has Penguin so far, I'm willing to bet the other 3 spots will be Nightwing, Two-Face and Hugo Strange.
They could even have a fourth wave with Mad Hatter, Talia, Deadshot and another Batman variant.

Last edited:

Given that I rarely buy figures any longer, I'll probably only get Harley and Catwoman, seeing as how I still have Harley Quinn, Joker and Catwoman displays. They all look pretty good to me though. If I was still a hardcore DCD collector I'd be all over these.

I quite like the play arts Joker, but that shoulder articulation is horrendous looking.

AWESOME.

I was pretty worried that this wave might be winding down after a rather rubbish first wave, but it's gone completely in the other direction. Even the Titan Joker, which I didn't really like in the first game, is pretty much a must buy just because of the detail and how horrific it looks, in a good way. Same goes for Croc - not a huge fan in the game, but a stunning figure.

Penguin and Mr. Freeze look awesome too. The Riddler was my most anticipated figure, but I'm not entirely sure he meets my expectations. Looks like he might be a bit stuck in one pose, and the jacket seems a bit short....but I'll no doubt love it when I get him. It's also nice for wave 2 to get a re-release, though I was half hoping for a new, bigger Bane now that we have Croc and Titan Joker. Catwoman looks a little fat, but probably looks better in-person. I also have no worries over pre-ordering Robin now.

I'm suprised we got that one guy instead of getting Two Face or Hugo first - seems silly to release an unannounced spoilery character instead of one of the two most publicised villains of the game. Then again, perhaps unveiling this spoilery character is a ploy to generate more interest, and to lead people who usually only buy the game to look at the figures too.

Also, here is an okay-look of the Batman variant.

I was thinking the same as you too - worried about the line winding down, but then I was proven wrong and blown away this-morning when all these pictures appeared! :D

I think that Batman variant might be DCD's version of the Mattel 'Black & White' varaint figures. Seems weird to do just one though, and I'm also starting to think that the unmasked Batman in wave 1 might not come with a masked head now...
If that is the case, I hope they change that Black & White variant to full-colour so we can get a properly coloured masked Batman.

I'll probably get Robin, and Nightwing if they do him. I don't have the AA Batman but can get it and wouldn't mind a Batfamily line up with these.

WOW. WOW. WOW. I'm literaly stunned by these pictures!!

DCD have seriously blown Mattel out of the water! These things look absolutely incredible!! This has to be DCD's best work to date, and my previous worries about DCD not providing a full character line-up can be extinguished now for sure!
The Titan-Joker was a big suprise. As was Hush of course!

So, for now we have:

Series 1 -
Batman Unmasked
Robin
Harley Quinn

Series 2 -
Batman Variant
Catwoman
The Riddler
Hush

Series 3 -
Penguin

Series 1 Deluxe -
Killer Croc
Mr. Freeze

Series 2 Deluxe -
Titan Joker

So, character wise we have still got Two-face, Mad Hatter, Nightwing, Hugo Strange, Talia, Deadshot & Grundy in the game.
Since series 3 only has Penguin so far, I'm willing to bet the other 3 spots will be Nightwing, Two-Face and Hugo Strange.
They could even have a fourth wave with Mad Hatter, Talia, Deadshot and another Batman variant.

I think Nightwing, Two-Face, Grundy and Strange are almost a given. Black Mask (which I think you left out), Deadshot, Talia, Hatter and Calendar Man are more outside chances ... though I guess it depends on how involved in the game they actually are. Alfred and Bruce Wayne are outside chances as well (both of whom appear in the game, as I understand it). Maybe Oracle?

There could always be other unrevealed villains as well -- like Hush. Who's left? The characters mentioned in Arkham Asylum that haven't yet been revealed are ... Ra's Al Ghul, Great White Shark, Clayface, Maxie Zeus, Ventriloquist, Firefly, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Killer Moth, Prometheus, Creeper, Ratcatcher, Humpty Dumpty. Anyone else? Man-Bat? Red Hood? Of those, I think Red Hood, Ras, and Great White are the most likely to be in there.

I was thinking the same as you too - worried about the line winding down, but then I was proven wrong and blown away this-morning when all these pictures appeared! :D

I think that Batman variant might be DCD's version of the Mattel 'Black & White' varaint figures. Seems weird to do just one though, and I'm also starting to think that the unmasked Batman in wave 1 might not come with a masked head now...
If that is the case, I hope they change that Black & White variant to full-colour so we can get a properly coloured masked Batman.

Looks like we may get the most complete rogues gallery DCD has released since Hush.

I think the Batman variant is a "Detective Vision" Batman rather than a B&W. It would fit more.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I think Nightwing, Two-Face, Grundy and Strange are almost a given. Black Mask (which I think you left out), Deadshot, Talia, Hatter and Calendar Man are more outside chances ... though I guess it depends on how involved in the game they actually are. Alfred and Bruce Wayne are outside chances as well (both of whom appear in the game, as I understand it). Maybe Oracle?

There could always be other unrevealed villains as well -- like Hush. Who's left? The characters mentioned in Arkham Asylum that haven't yet been revealed are ... Ra's Al Ghul, Great White Shark, Clayface, Maxie Zeus, Ventriloquist, Firefly, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Killer Moth, Prometheus, Creeper, Ratcatcher, Humpty Dumpty. Anyone else? Man-Bat? Red Hood? Of those, I think Red Hood, Ras, and Great White are the most likely to be in there.

Looks like we may get the most complete rogues gallery DCD has released since Hush.

I think the Batman variant is a "Detective Vision" Batman rather than a B&W. It would fit more.

SnakeDoc

Yeah I think you could be right about it being a Detective Vision variant, it would definitely fit. I'm still hoping we get a regular coloured version somewhere down the line too.
It's definitely shaping up to be the largest rogues gallery DCD has ever done - and the best too!

Hush is already confirmed for wave 2. I would definitely like to see Hugo Strange and Two-Face in that 3rd wave with Penguin, but I hope we also get some of those that you feel are more outside chances like Black Mask and Mad Hatter.
There's definitely room for a fourth wave, maybe even a possible 5th wave too. I know for a fact 2 of the villains you mentioned in your post are in the game, and they would make great figures. I won't say who they are though 'cos it's a massive spoiler!!
So presuming wave 3 will have 2 more villains, there's at least 6 more they could make that are in the game.

Why is Freeze a Deluxe release? He looks like a regular sized figure to me. Still, DCD has seriously knocked this line out of the park and given us the most complete Bat-series in a very long time. I'd still like to see a regular thug and Gordon at some point though.

Why is Freeze a Deluxe release? He looks like a regular sized figure to me. Still, DCD has seriously knocked this line out of the park and given us the most complete Bat-series in a very long time. I'd still like to see a regular thug and Gordon at some point though.

I was wondering that. But, the label in the pictures has him as a deluxe. He looks complicated, even in comparison to the other figures. Maybe he's just an especially expensive figure to make, so they want to charge more.

SnakeDoc

Back