DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

I'm in for at least Wayne and Robin. Maybe Harley ... already have the other one, and I don't like this one as much (as cliched as it sounds ... she actually does look Asian). I was hoping for a Two Face, Riddler or Freeze in this round, though.

Hopefully next round will have Two Face, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze and Riddler. I guess there will probably be another Batman as well. Then Grundy, Deadshot, Penguin and Hugo Strange. I think they're more likely to shuffle those up, though ... couple of big names, couple of smaller ones. (i.e. Two Face, Catwoman, Deadshot and Strange in one round; Freeze, Riddler, Grundy, Penguin in another).

I think that gets all the big names. That leaves, what? Talia, Calendar Man. Definitely Nightwing if he makes the cut ... which I bet he does.

When is Croc due again?

SnakeDoc

I just want Catwoman. Was the other series impressive detail/in hand wise?

I just want Catwoman. Was the other series impressive detail/in hand wise?

Very impressive, actually. I have all eight ... and they are the best Batman and Rogues that DC Direct has ever done. Right up there with the Hush line.

SnakeDoc

I'm pretty sure there will be a 4th figure in this wave. DCD ALWAYS does waves of 4. I can't think of when they didn't. I've heard its probably Joker.

I was thinking that. My guess would be Catwoman, Two Face or Riddler. Hopefully not Joker, though ... another repeat.

SnakeDoc

I'm pretty sure there will be a 4th figure in this wave. DCD ALWAYS does waves of 4. I can't think of when they didn't. I've heard its probably Joker.

I was half expecting to see Joker too, after seeing a loose version of him on eBay from a China seller:
0000000-3.jpg

If he is indeed to be included as the fourth figure in wave one, I wonder what the reasoning is behind not showing him yet?
It's not like Rocksteady haven't shown us his face in trailers already.

I think the fourth figure in the wave is Croc. If I remember correctly, the Arkham City panel at Comic Con they brought out figures onto the stage and I'm pretty sure the figures were Harley, Robin, Batman and I know for a fact Croc was among them because Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill were playing with him.

Croc is definitely coming, but his card at SDCC said he was part of 'Arkham City Deluxe Series 1' figures and is slated to come out in June 2012.

Croc is definitely coming, but his card at SDCC said he was part of 'Arkham City Deluxe Series 1' figures and is slated to come out in June 2012.

I'm going off the panel video here:

[ame="https://youtu.be/4p1pmewlu-g"]302 Found[/ame]

Figures come out at about 21:30 and the guy says series one consists of Robin, Harley and Croc. He may be mistaken. I don't know.

If Croc is indeed intended to be the fourth character in Wave One, it seems odd having him come out 6 months after the other 3 figures...
I was kinda hoping we'd get a series 2 of DCD Arkham City figures before Croc came out.

Boy I hope he comes out before June. He is the one I want the most.

same here, that figure looks huge as it should

Yeah, from the look of it I'd guess he's about 9-10 inches tall. He's gonna look awesome lined up with the rest of the rogues we already have.
Gonna try posing him with Scarecrow above his head about to get eaten :D

I was half expecting to see Joker too, after seeing a loose version of him on eBay from a China seller:
0000000-3.jpg

If he is indeed to be included as the fourth figure in wave one, I wonder what the reasoning is behind not showing him yet?
It's not like Rocksteady haven't shown us his face in trailers already.

Wow! I just bought one. Thanks for the heads up. I'm betting thats a NYCC exclusive. Why else would he be in hand and unheard of? DCD's listings are nearly a year out before production. So I'd bet he's an NYCC exclusive. He's just new head afterall.

Only 3 characters, two of which we already have?.

Big Bowl of exactly.

All im interested in is building a rogues gallery of the villains at this point, i have batman and I dont do sidekicks so i could care less about Robin. And still maintain this Harley figure is terrible and looks exactly like a 18 year old Dakota Fanning rather then an adult with 8 years of college and a M.D.

I want Riddler, Freeze, Penguin, Catwoman, and Two-Face.

Big Bowl of exactly.

All im interested in is building a rogues gallery of the villains at this point, i have batman and I dont do sidekicks so i could care less about Robin. And still maintain this Harley figure is terrible and looks exactly like a 18 year old Dakota Fanning rather then an adult with 8 years of college and a M.D.

I want Riddler, Freeze, Penguin, Catwoman, and Two-Face.
If they made up the next wave, it'd be the best wave ever. Hopefully Catwoman can pass as a Batman substitute to be the 'centre' of the wave, so we don't have to get yet another Batman. Then again, the unmasked outfit is good, so to get a masked version would be no bad thing.

Also wanting Hugo Strange and Deadshot.

I'm still holding out hope for this Unmasked Batman to come with an alternate masked head. It wouldn't be the first time DCD had done alternate masked/unmasked head figures.

Like everyone else I was really hoping to see more of the villains, so hopefully the next wave will be villain heavy.
I'm with you CultofSkaro - I think Catwoman could front a wave on her own, especially since she's playable in the main game campaign.
That way we can have her plus 3 other villains too.
My ideal wave 2 would be: Catwoman - Penguin - Two Face - Mr Freeze
Then wave 3: Riddler - Hugo Strange - Deadshot - Batman variant

Some of those DLC skins could make for some great Batman variants at least.

Id have loved DLC of Bruce in a tuxedo and the ability to play like that.As with the original MGS.

Back