DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

According to DCC's site, it's August. It was also solicited for August.

Big bad toy store says may

BBTS never have solid timing. They change as the month will go. Itll turn June, then July then August as the months roll if it doesnt come in stock. If DCC says August Ill believe that.

This was in the updated list of the Arkham figures:

AVAILABLE JULY 2014
- Batman: Arkham City: Clayface Deluxe Action Figure
- Arkham Asylum Action Figure 4-Pack: Batman, The Joker, Scarecrow and Harley Quinn

AVAILABLE AUGUST 2014
- Batman: Arkham Origins Action Figure 3-Pack: The Joker as Red Hood, Deathstroke unmasked and Copperhead

AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2014
- Batman: Arkham City Action Figure 4-Pack: Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Harley Quinn

Wish the would tell us what's next to come :)
Don't forget rabbit hole batman.

I didn't include the Rabbit Hole batman since he's coming soon.

Wish the would tell us what's next to come :)
Don't forget rabbit hole batman.

This line has been so random I have no idea if we are in for a dry spell or if things are about to heat up. We still have a few Assassins from AO we need. A few minor characters from AC. And maybe even 1 or 2 figures that could come from AA still. And then of course we have lots of stuff waiting for us with AK coming up. And just about everyone looks totally different in that, which I can't say I'm really thrilled about. Some of them don't even look like the same people they were in the previous games (Riddler comes to mind) while others look nearly unchanged (Two-face). The change is so drastic it really didn't even feel like the same game series to me when I saw the trailer. It was almost like a reboot rather than a sequel seeing how so much has changed from AC.

This line has been so random I have no idea if we are in for a dry spell or if things are about to heat up. We still have a few Assassins from AO we need. A few minor characters from AC. And maybe even 1 or 2 figures that could come from AA still. And then of course we have lots of stuff waiting for us with AK coming up. And just about everyone looks totally different in that, which I can't say I'm really thrilled about. Some of them don't even look like the same people they were in the previous games (Riddler comes to mind) while others look nearly unchanged (Two-face). The change is so drastic it really didn't even feel like the same game series to me when I saw the trailer. It was almost like a reboot rather than a sequel seeing how so much has changed from AC.
....based on a 3 minute non-gameplay trailer?

Cool.

Riddler's changed his outfit, so has Batman, so has Penguin, and there's a new batmobile.

WOAH SLOW DOWN WITH THE CHANGES THIS IS LIKE A REBOOT.

I bet you'd feel completely different if the suit had been the same. I think the massive suit change to mostly all black threw me off in the beginning. But I like the fact that it feels so different because it IS different: Joker is dead.

I genuinely think Arkham Knight is going to be something else, when I hear Dini, other producers, Conroy...I think this is going to be what a lot of people wanted TDKR to be, bluntly put. The franchise (rocksteady's) is truly a trilogy they say.

I think Batman's gonna go all out, he's gonna wage war like never before. I expect Batman to deal with a lot if these enemies for good now. This game seems to be about the soul of this Batman world, as well as Batman himself, i bet we'll see him reclaim Gotham like we've never seen before.

i honestly expect Arkham Knight to feature the best Batman crusade yet seen in another medium than comics/novels.

When refferencing both the story and the scope:
"This game will BLOW.YOUR.MIND." – Kevin Conroy

That really bums me out to.

A reboot, whaaa? :dunno:

Seriously, one or two changes and everything's a reboot now?

I bet you'd feel completely different if the suit had been the same. I think the massive suit change to mostly all black threw me off in the beginning. But I like the fact that it feels so different because it IS different: Joker is dead.

I genuinely think Arkham Knight is going to be something else, when I hear Dini, other producers, Conroy...I think this is going to be what a lot of people wanted TDKR to be, bluntly put. The franchise (rocksteady's) is truly a trilogy they say.

I think Batman's gonna go all out, he's gonna wage war like never before. I expect Batman to deal with a lot if these enemies for good now. This game seems to be about the soul of this Batman world, as well as Batman himself, i bet we'll see him reclaim Gotham like we've never seen before.

i honestly expect Arkham Knight to feature the best Batman crusade yet seen in another medium than comics/novels.

When refferencing both the story and the scope:
"This game will BLOW.YOUR.MIND." – Kevin Conroy
Good point, I hadn't thought about that. If this is the last game in the series, then there's scope for Batman to take down his enemies once and for all. With the exception of a few who'd likely be spared (Freeze, for example), I'd like to see everyone else completely destroyed in a way we've never really seen before. An aggressive Batman.

And hey, maybe Arkham Knight is some form of Future Batman (or Robin/Nightwing) who comes back to try and stop Batman taking down everyone like that (what with him calling Batman 'old man' like that, like he knows him). Perhaps doing so causes the future to be even worse - Joker dying seems to have made things worse, so picking off everyone else could just cause chaos. And maybe the 'lesson' is that Batman needs his enemies.

That'd be alright, that.

I'd still like Joker to be alive - not a big reveal, not a core point of the story, but the little hint dropped here and there suggesting he's still out there.

The Arkham City ending seemed designed to have him still be alive in the end, so I'd like him to be this kind of ghostly figure you hear about but never see.

Well, if they follow the comic that followed the game, Batman and Gordon had Joker's body cremated.

Go to the 1:33 mark

Yep - but if Joker survived, then the body carried out of Arkham City at the end (and then cremated) would've been Clayface. Sure, he fell into the pit, but there's no reason why he couldn't survive that.

The idea is that when Batman blacks out at the end of AC, Clayface turns into Joker once again and takes Joker's place while the real Joker escapes (having taken the cure). That series of events isn't too far-fetched, and the game always seemed set up to be like that to me. All the post-game comic stuff with Joker's body could very easily be Clayface.

The producer said in an interview that Joker was absolutely completely dead because this game is about a post-Joker world...

So unless they're flat-out a 100% blatantly lying...

I really hope he's completely gone and dead, otherwise it retro-ruins city to me. A lot. That ending is strong. It's so ballsy to actually have Joker die. Don't want any form of retcon for that. Would sully the whole thing.

Back