DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Not that I know of, but I heard somewhere Hugo will be available at NYCC too. That's why there wasn't a SDCC Sticker on the package. So I wouldn't count on a Two-Face and especially Clayface. Two-Face, I would love, but DCD has only done one con exclusive Arkham figure per year.

Clayface won't happen, that'd be just stupid and upset most of the fans. Their deluxe line seems to run outside of the basic figures. So if we get a Clayface it'll be next year probably.
I agree with this. I think they'll just offer Hugo again at NYCC. If we do see anything new at all it will more likely be the rest of Arkham Origins wave 2.

yesterday I got an e-mail from bbts telling me that my order (Grundy) might get delayed for shipping. Basically they got in a bunch of new product last week and so they had a lot of stuff shipping out.

Luckily I got my shipping confirmation today! Now the wait until my b-day truly begins:lecture

I just recieved my Grundy figure today...ITS AWESOME. Its not that articulated but I makes up for it in both scuplt and paint. Trust me, this thing is worth the wait.

I just recieved my Grundy figure today...ITS AWESOME. Its not that articulated but I makes up for it in both scuplt and paint. Trust me, this thing is worth the wait.
I was figuring he was on par with Croc and Titan Joker.

ball jointed head
ball hinged shoulders
swivel bicep
hinged elbow
swivel wrist (maybe ball jointed)
ball joint hips
hinged knees

How far off am I? I wasn't expecting a waist or ankles, but I'd expect about the same as Titan Joker.

I got my Grundy today!! :D Wow this thing is a beast!!!

I was figuring he was on par with Croc and Titan Joker.

ball jointed head
ball hinged shoulders
swivel bicep
hinged elbow
swivel wrist (maybe ball jointed)
ball joint hips
hinged knees

How far off am I? I wasn't expecting a waist or ankles, but I'd expect about the same as Titan Joker.

You are spot on there actually! His wrists are ball jointed and everything else you listed is correct. The only stiff joints my Grundy had were his elbow joints, everything else was fine. A few minutes with a hairdryer and those elbow joints were moveable though.

He does feel like a very very strurdy figure. He stands up great and everything about him feels solid. The joints feel a lot stronger on him than any previous figures, and I can't be 100% sure, but it looks like he may have metal joints on his arms.

As you can see he can hold up Batman with no problem at all. He's so sturdy that he won't lose his balance even with Batman in his hand and his arm outstretched. He can also lift his arms up over his head or have them outstretched no problem at all.

Alll in all he is an excellent figure. The best deluxe figure DCC has done to date by far.

Dio pics to come very soon! :D

I have grundy on order and I also have wave 4 batman coming

What 1 or 2 figures should I get if I were only to buy max 2 more?

I like Croc but im scared due to the breaking issue

Here are a few pics of Grundy on my dio:

Seriously loving this figure!

Last edited:

I have grundy on order and I also have wave 4 batman coming

What 1 or 2 figures should I get if I were only to buy max 2 more?

I like Croc but im scared due to the breaking issue

I'd say get the two upcoming two-packs with the Abramovici twins in. That way you'd get Penguin and Harley too.

I got my Grundy today!! :D Wow this thing is a beast!!!

You are spot on there actually! His wrists are ball jointed and everything else you listed is correct. The only stiff joints my Grundy had were his elbow joints, everything else was fine. A few minutes with a hairdryer and those elbow joints were moveable though.

He does feel like a very very strurdy figure. He stands up great and everything about him feels solid. The joints feel a lot stronger on him than any previous figures, and I can't be 100% sure, but it looks like he may have metal joints on his arms.

As you can see he can hold up Batman with no problem at all. He's so sturdy that he won't lose his balance even with Batman in his hand and his arm outstretched. He can also lift his arms up over his head or have them outstretched no problem at all.

Alll in all he is an excellent figure. The best deluxe figure DCC has done to date by far.

Dio pics to come very soon! :D
Huh, I'm amazed I guessed all of that correctly. :lol

Glad to hear your's isn't as stiff, the elbows don't worry me at all, Croc's are stiff but not impossible to move.

Very glad to hear he feels really sturdy! Hope DC Direct keeps this up with their figures, especially since they're adding more articulation in newer figures. Metal? I remember someone saying some of the Series 3 figures joints look metal but they're just clear plastic. Could you maybe rub something metal up against the inside of his arm joint to see if it is actually metal? Really curious about that now.

Also very happy he can safely put his arms over his head. So many times I wanted to have Croc holding up Scarecrow but Croc's arms are so stiff and I'm worried it'll snap off. :( Glad Grundy will have no problem tossing Bats around. :D

He looks REALLY good in your dio! I wonder what's going to happen if Clayface comes out. :lol Did you have to take out your spare Clown Thugs to make room for him?

I really don't know where I'm putting mine, but he does really look nice in your display!

Just got my Grundy and I'm very happy with how they sculpted him. He looks awesome next to Titan Joker. Now if we can only get a good Two Face...

Just got my Grundy and I'm very happy with how they sculpted him. He looks awesome next to Titan Joker. Now if we can only get a good Two Face...
I really hope we see Two Face be "born" in Origins. Based on a glimpse we got of what may be Harvey his design looks really similar.

While I much prefer City Black Mask's design I'm not turning down the Origins figure.

My question is would the Origins Two Face be a suitable replacement for the Mattel City figure? Honestly I hope so... The sooner I can rid of that Two Face the better.

It's not an awful figure, but there is so much I don't like about it.

I really hope we see Two Face be "born" in Origins. Based on a glimpse we got of what may be Harvey his design looks really similar.

While I much prefer City Black Mask's design I'm not turning down the Origins figure.

My question is would the Origins Two Face be a suitable replacement for the Mattel City figure? Honestly I hope so... The sooner I can rid of that Two Face the better.

Yeah the Mattel Two-Face...kinda sucks. Its the reason I've held out on buying it, even at the cost of not having a Two-Face figure in my collection. For me, its DCC or nothing...unless its of equal quality.

Up until now, I've kept all of the Arkham figures sealed, but I had to break Grundy out. Dayum, whatta great figure!

Really? I much prefer Origns Black Mask. I've always liked his white suit look though.

Hey folks, if any of you are interested, Warner Bros. has a buy two get one free deal on Arkham figures:
https://www.wbshop.com/category/on-...0&brand=Batman&pp=96&sortby=bestSellersAscend

Not bad if you haven't pre-ordered new figures yet! Too bad I already have :lol

Hey folks, if any of you are interested, Warner Bros. has a buy two get one free deal on Arkham figures:
https://www.wbshop.com/category/on-...0&brand=Batman&pp=96&sortby=bestSellersAscend
Wow... Getting a whole Abramovichi set for free!

At least I got time to think about it. Thing that bugs me is getting them from WBShop or DCC's site actually takes a whole extra month to even ship out to you... Which is stupid etailers get the item before the actual company/owner of the licence does...

Waiting an extra month may be worth getting it for free though. :D How do preorders at WBShop work? They charge now or when they ship?

Yeah the Mattel Two-Face...kinda sucks. Its the reason I've held out on buying it, even at the cost of not having a Two-Face figure in my collection. For me, its DCC or nothing...unless its of equal quality.
I wouldn't say it sucks, but it's a typical Mattel figure, and overall they're not good at all. Two Face is one of the more decent ones, and I'm happier having a Mattel Two Face than no Two Face at all. He's way too important to me not to have a figure of him.

Really? I much prefer Origns Black Mask. I've always liked his white suit look though.
I like the Origins look a lot, I just like City a lot more. I love the button up shirt and tie with the sling holsters.

Overall when I think of Black Mask I see this:
Black%20Mask%20Trophy.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I do like the white suit, I just prefer how he looks in City.

Back