DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I go to my comic shop in Raleigh once a month to pick up my issues, as the shop is about 45 minutes from where I live. But, man I wish it was closer cause these are some of the best issues I have read in a while. On my pull list is Justice League, Action, Dectective, Superman, Batman, Batman & Robin, and Wonder Woman. I had Dark Knight but the first two issues did nothing for me so I dropped it. I have picked up JLI and enjoyed it along with Batgirl.
But I am actually excited about these characters again. Superman (both issues) is just amazing. I love the characterization of the younger Superman. You can tell he is green and not as seasoned - but it makes for some good reading. The older Superman in Pérez's book reads a lot like the '90s Superman that I grew up and I love it!
The Batman books are a hit and miss for me. I love what Snyder is doing in Batman with the whole court of owls and the dialogue between Batman and Alfred. However, Daniel's Detective is lacking. There just is nothing there to keep me other than that it is Batman and that I'm 4 issues in and I want to know the out come of the Joker. But other than that, nothing. I love his art work but the story is just not holding strong. I wish DC would put Paul Dini back on that book.
Justice League continues to be a knock out book with the inclusion on Wonder Woman, Aquaman and the cameo of Darkseid. This is a book that I just read over and over again.
I will say here that I have never bought a Wonder Woman issue before till the new 52. And I love it. Diana's story just seems much stronger with the inclusion of the Zeus angle.
But so far, I am a believer in this new line. I was against it at first but as long as the writing and art hold up, make mine DC :)

Just read my issue 4's for this week. Loved Pain and Prejudice (actually issue 3), but Detective Comics and Action Comics were both quite a let down. Detective was ok, just nothing special. And Action, while i've been enjoying the first 3 issues so far, seemed really short and quite disappointing.

Got Swamp Thing 4 left to read, really hoping that lives up to its previous issues. Been a great series so far.

I'm sure you'll like Swamp Thing, I think it's a great book. Are you reading Animal Man as well? You may want to get caught up, it's really good and it also looks like they are going to tie Swamp Thing and Animal Man in together in the story...

I havent been reading Animal Man. I did look into it when everyone was giving it rave reviews, especially when i saw that it kind of links to Swamp Thing, but i just have too much that im reading at the minute and cant afford to add any more titles. Which is a shame. Really hope it doesnt get to the point where we need to read them both to follow the story, because im loving Swamp Thing so far.

That's up to you, but you're really missing out IMO. They really are great to read together.

Yeah, Detective continued its downward swing this week... still reading, but not really all that interested. Penguin: Pride & Prejudice, while being the weakest of the entries thus far was still great.

My pull list: Red Lantern, Blue Beetle, GL, Justice League, Swamp Thing, Batman.

Red Lantern is kind of strange, but I'll wait & see.

I like the current Green Lantern story about Sinestro. It's not that bizarre, like the last books were... Straight story, I like it...

Blue Beetle is pure fun, love the humor in it...

Blue Beetle is pure fun, love the humor in it...

I might have to try it again now that the characters are established. I read the first issue and was *really* turned off by the whole thing. I do love Jamie's Blue Beetle, so it's worth another shot, I think.

My dc pull list
ALL STAR WESTERN

ANIMAL MAN

BATWOMAN

DEMON KNIGHTS

FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

RESURRECTION MAN

SPACEMAN is a Vertigo book

SWAMP THING

on the fence on JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK and RESURRECTION MAN.

This is my current DC monthly pull list, by release cycle:

Week 1:
o Action Comics
o Animal Man
o Detective Comics
o Swamp Thing

Week 2:
o Batgirl
o Batman and Robin
o Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
o Green Lantern
o Suicide Squad

Week 3:
o Batman
o DC Universe Presents
o Green Lantern Corps
o Justice League
o Nightwing
o Wonder Woman

Week 4:
o All Star Western
o Aquaman
o Batman: The Dark Knight
o The Flash
o Justice League Dark
o Voodoo

read catwoman #4 and its actually getting better and better, its less about sex and more story driven now...

I'm fully expecting by the time the Court of Owls is all said and done to get a New 52 Owl Man as a standard Batman rogue in the DCU.

Back