DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I mean Owl Man. Talon is the name of the assassin, from the old nursery rhyme about the Court of Owls. Talon is a position, Bruce refers to it as "The Talon" in issue 3. In Issue 3 one of the Whisper Gang refers to him as "The Owl Man". From the last couple of issues it makes it seem as if there is an established family that is funding "The Talon" and even setting up his "nests" within old Wayne buildings that tie back to Alan Wayne. I have a feeling when the arc is over and everything is said and done there will be one Owl Man to be a standard Bat Rogue from all of this. I firmly believe that we are getting the history of what will eventually be that character.

That would be cool with me. Because Owl Man is pretty awesome (and owls, in general). Loving this storyline. It helps that Snyder is at the helm.

Gotta say, though, that I think Justice League flat-out sucks. Issue #4 may have been the most annoying yet. I find it laughable that this is the flagship book of the New 52. IMHO, it's by far the worst writing of Johns' career. Couple that with me never liking Jim Lee and his overrated(everyone has the same anime wrinkle face) art and I just hate this book. Probably dropping it after this first arc is complete.

Batman #4 was great, but the best book this week was Deadman (DCU Presents #4). And Red Hood and The Outlaws continues to improve each issue.

Batman #4 was sold out at my LCS! :thud: I guess that's another title I need to add to my pull list. It probably should be on my pull list anyway, but I try to keep titles that are easy to come by off my list just so I don't feel guilty about dropping it.

Lesson learned. :slap

The Batman books are the darlings of this reboot. I've never actually read all of his titles before this.

Batman and Justice League!!! All Star Western is ok too. Waiting on Detective comics and Dark Knight. Damn, I just realize I can survive on the money I could've spent on food. :thud:

Just read Batman 4 and Nightwing 4. Loving Batman, its easily my favourite title at the minute. Nightwing was a bit of a disappointing issue really, but still looking forward to the next issue.
Still got Catwoman 4 and All Start Western 3 to read. I love All Star Western but dont seem to have gotten around to reading the last issue yet. I do keep wondering though if its gonna somehow tie into the current Batman story, with the secret society angle.

Batman is easily my favourite title so far. I haven't read The Dark Knight or Batman and Robin, but Detective Comics and Batman are great. Detective ended a little disappointingly but Batman is really doing it for me. I LOVE the current story arc.

My biggest disappointment has been Superman. I was really looking forward to it, and I even love the new suit, but I just found the issues so far have been really disappointing.

I just finished catching up with Justice League and I'm not sure what to make of it. The banter is making me chuckle but I'm not sure it because I'm used to it or if I genuinely find it funny. The art is fantastic, I did like the characterizations of the characters in here it's just their interactions that are throwing me off. I really feel like this is something that I should be reading in a teen oriented book, each characters self-centered and having pissing contests with each other while trying to do good at the same time.

The biggest problem is that the Justice League is the prequel to the entire New 52. It doesn't deliver that way. If you read Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, they are all mature heroes, dealing with things. It's very difficult for me to believe that this 5 years prior would be the precursor to that, that they'd mature and become so humble so quickly within that matter of time.

The whole book is a bit of a headscratcher despite being beautiful.

I've cut way back on the DC titles, this is my current pull list:

Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Batman
Detective Comics
Batman & Robin
Batman: The Dark Knight
Red Hood & The Outlaws
Justice League
Catwoman
Nightwing
Batgirl

Just dropped: Batwoman, Batwing, Birds of Prey, Green Lantern, and Voodoo. I do like a couple of them, just trying to limit myself to 15 titles a month (including Marvel and a couple titles my son collects).

I just finished catching up with Justice League and I'm not sure what to make of it. The banter is making me chuckle but I'm not sure it because I'm used to it or if I genuinely find it funny. The art is fantastic, I did like the characterizations of the characters in here it's just their interactions that are throwing me off. I really feel like this is something that I should be reading in a teen oriented book, each characters self-centered and having pissing contests with each other while trying to do good at the same time.

The biggest problem is that the Justice League is the prequel to the entire New 52. It doesn't deliver that way. If you read Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, they are all mature heroes, dealing with things. It's very difficult for me to believe that this 5 years prior would be the precursor to that, that they'd mature and become so humble so quickly within that matter of time.

The whole book is a bit of a headscratcher despite being beautiful.

You're being way too lenient. It's poop. And the art isn't that great (unless you're nostalgic for early 90's Image stuff :p)

My biggest disappointment has been Superman. I was really looking forward to it, and I even love the new suit, but I just found the issues so far have been really disappointing.

Keith Giffen and Dan Jurgens take over with issue #7, hopefully things turn around then.

Seeing Dan Jurgens draw the new Supersuit will be slightly weird. Any preview pics hit yet?

None of the interior panels online yet for #7, but Ivan Reis did the cover:

SM_Cv7_akjsdhfa7s6d9021478690.jpg

Helspont...wow. DC is really pushing the Wildstorm characters into their new mythos.

Back