DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually love the new design. I think in the comics, all black isn't really the best. I like the grey and black look the best.

The new design doesn't really offer anything new, it's just the same old stuff.

For a man who wants to sneak around, it would make sense that he'd wear as dark clothes as possible. Besides, all black is more accurate to the films and to a standard bat.

A Batman Begins inspired suit would be great in comic form, and here is an example.

Batman%20Begins%20Paul%20Harmon.jpg

The new design doesn't really offer anything new, it's just the same old stuff.

For a man who wants to sneak around, it would make sense that he'd wear as dark clothes as possible. Besides, all black is more accurate to the films and to a standard bat.

A Batman Begins inspired suit would be great in comic form, and here is an example.

Batman%20Begins%20Paul%20Harmon.jpg

Meh, I think a better example would have been something from the Art of Batman Begins book. Unless that was from it. Don't remember seeing it though, there was some good stuff in that book.

But as for the all black, I just don't like it for comics. I like the grey and black, and the new design looks really cool to me. I like the cowl, the lack of "underwear" and the lines down the front giving it a sort of "genuine" look if that makes sense. As opposed to just flat cloth, it gives the costume a certain feel. Plus I find the grey and black much more interesting to look at than just all black.
I guess its horses for courses, but to me I don't want to see batman in all black in the comics. The grey and black is the look for me. And the Begins suit is probably my favourite on screen batsuit, but I still prefer the grey for comics. And the Arkham games are possibly my favourite bat suit design over all. Well, maybe.

My current books are:
-Action Comics
-Aquaman(1&2 so far, but my local comics guy is helping me get caught up:yess:)
-All-Star Western(Jonah Hex was incredibly under-read, and Palmiotti and Grey continue to deliver awesome stories in All-Star. If you are a fan of westerns, BUY THIS BOOK!!!)
-Batman
-DC Universe Presents
-The Flash
-Justice League
-Justice League International
-Men of War

I am loving every bit of what I've read so far, and I can't wait to see what DC has coming up next year.:rock

November was one of these odd months with 5 shipping weeks there were no real big releases this week mainly new printings of issue 1's.

Finally got around to GL Corps and New Guardians #3. I was pretty annoyed by GL Corps #3:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Loving New Guardians, but I agree with Salaak:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Salaak. Super excited to see

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't wait for the next ish.

Just read Penguin P&P #3 - another excellent issue.
I loved the scenes showing how Penguin treats the lady he likes mirrored against how he treats the man he dislikes. This Penguin is definitely one you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of!
The love-interest plot isn't exactly new territory, it's been done before with Penguin in 'Joker's Asylum', but that didn't detract from the story for me.
Can't wait for the next issue!

Gail Simone is officially out of Firestorm after issue #6. This was rumored in October, but wasn't made official until yesterday. I guess that's okay, then I can drop it. Two Firestorms wasn't really working for me anyway.

Just read Penguin P&P #3 - another excellent issue.
I loved the scenes showing how Penguin treats the lady he likes mirrored against how he treats the man he dislikes. This Penguin is definitely one you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of!
The love-interest plot isn't exactly new territory, it's been done before with Penguin in 'Joker's Asylum', but that didn't detract from the story for me.
Can't wait for the next issue!

Glad to hear P&P issues 3 lived up to the last two. Its really one of the best current titles going in DC I think. I'll reply to your PM when I get a chance SFA. Just been swamped at work. I ordered P&P #3 today along with Detective 4, Swampt Thing 4 and Action 4, so can't wait to read them all.

I had to read this week's Animal Man and Swamp Thing asap. Both were just awesome. Learning exactly what the kid in Swamp Thing does to his victims was sick. Waiting for the next issues will be painful. Snyder and Lemire are killing it.

Glad to hear P&P issues 3 lived up to the last two. Its really one of the best current titles going in DC I think. I'll reply to your PM when I get a chance SFA. Just been swamped at work. I ordered P&P #3 today along with Detective 4, Swampt Thing 4 and Action 4, so can't wait to read them all.
No worries! Yeah, Penguin was just as good as the previous issues - I'm going to be gutted when this series ends...
I got Detective #4 too, and it was an OK read. It certainly wasn't bad in any way, but it just didn't have the same level of greatness as Batman #3. The art seemed a bit lacking in this issue too for some reason... can't really pinpoint why, but it didn't seem to have the same feel as previous issues.

I picked up:

Animal Man #4
Swamp Thing #4
(love both these titles)

Detective Comics #4
Penguin: P&P #3
Avenging Spider-Man #2
Batwing #4 (probably gonna give it the axe after this issue or next, just nothing great).

I read Animal Man and Swamp Thing, loved both.

While Batman is my favorite comic character, right now those 2 are my favorite books.

Back