DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caved. Loved it. Arkham and Hex make a great duo juxtaposed against each other. I didn't pull this one off the bat because the premise seemed hackneyed: Jack the Ripper in 1850's Gotham, Arkham playing Holmes, ect. but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm in.

My subs of the new 52 kind of surprise me. Didn't think I'd be pulling some of the more obscure titles, but their interesting stories, plots, and premises had me flipping the pages faster than the standard superhero stuff.

All-Star Western
Animal Man
Catwoman (I have a big feeling this one's going to get much better with time)
Detective Comics
Voodoo

Caved. Loved it. Arkham and Hex make a great duo juxtaposed against each other. I didn't pull this one off the bat because the premise seemed hackneyed: Jack the Ripper in 1850's Gotham, Arkham playing Holmes, ect. but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm in.

My subs of the new 52 kind of surprise me. Didn't think I'd be pulling some of the more obscure titles, but their interesting stories, plots, and premises had me flipping the pages faster than the standard superhero stuff.

100% agreed. :lecture

Glad you caved. :D

Ive only really picked up a couple of books from the new 52, batman, detective, superman, action and swamp thing. Liked action comics, but not too keen on superman #1. Loved both batman books. Havent read swamp thing yet. Never read Jonah Hex but All Star Western sounds really good. Might have to try and track it down.

Interesting...

According to one of the comics publisher's top executives, this year's big relaunch event wipes away many crossover arcs from the past several decades.

Via his Facebook page, Co-publisher of DC Comics Dan DiDio let fans in on a big piece of information relating to this month's big comics relaunch event 'The New 52':

facebook.jpg

Though that statement leaves the inclusion of certain comics events ambiguous, it immediately removes such storylines as Identity Crisis, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis to current continuity.

Which means The Flash, Batman, Superman, even the multiverse in a weird way. Things like Batman Inc for example which came out of Bruce's travel through time wouldn't actually have a basis...

Well if DiDio is going public with it then you'd have to think it's the new status quo...the interesting thing is that he says "After Further Review" which means he had to check with people?

More likely he's just a near retard.

Either way, this obviously wasn't all thought out. Some of the previous arcs still stand (Batman Inc, The Killing Joke, Sinestro Corps War, etc) others do not. It's all over the place and a huge mess in that regard.

I'm just gonna enjoy the 15-20 "new" titles I like and not even worry about the current DC status quo. Because I know it'll be whitewashed again within a year or two anyway.

Already figured as much with that JSA series they annouced.

Though it is nice to see they're atleast trying to sort out the continuity mess they made.

I read All-Star Western and I thought it was Ok at first but by the end of it, I was left wanting to read more of it.

Really good story, very well told. I'll get issue #2 to see how it unfolds.

So, I have read all 52 of the new books. I plan on sticking with all the Batman titles (as well as Nightwing, Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Batgirl, and Red Hood & The Outlaws). Plus, I plan on buying issue 2 of the following, and see how it goes from there:

Action Comics: it wasn't my favorite. But, I'm gonna give it another issue or two to see if it picks up.

Green Lantern: I really enjoyed issue one, actually. I considered getting Red Lanterns #2, but in the end I probably won't. It was Ok, just nothing I think I'll miss not buying either.

Justice League: Just for the fact Jim Lee is doing the artwork. He's always been one of my favorites. Going back to his days on Uncanny X-Men with Claremont. JL #1 wasn't great, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Animal Man: really good book, One of my favorites so far.

Voodoo

All-Star Western

Teen Titans: really like this one as well.

Just finished the last of the DC 52's. going thru and making my pull list right now. Probably no more than 10 titles at most

My pull list:
October 5
-Action Comics 2*
-Detective Comics 2
-Red Lanterns 2

October 12
-Batgirl 2*
-Batman and Robin 2*
-Green Lantern 2
-Superboy 2

October 19
-Batman 2
-Green Lantern Corps 2
-Justice League 2
-Nightwing 2
-Supergirl 2*
-Wonder Woman 2

October 26
-Aquaman 2
-Batman: TDK 2*
-Flash 2
-GL: New Guardians 2
-Superman 2
-Teen Titans 2
-Firestorm 2*
-Hawkman 2*

That's 21 of the New 52 that I'm giving another month. The ones with * are ones that have one more issue to impress.

Just read Superman #1. Not really impressed. I'll read issue 2 and give it a chance but if it doesnt impress me i'll probably drop it. Really enjoyed Action Comics #1 though. Looking forward to Detective #2 and Action #2. Still waiting to get Swamp Thing #1 and hoping to find All Star Western #1 for a normal price. The reviews here made me interested.

Definitely continuing:

Green Lantern - I'm in until Hal takes over.

Green Lantern Corps - I love me some Guy, but where is Kilowog? :monkey2

New Guardians - Where Kyle goes, I follow. Whoever is writing this, I forgot who, knows their Kyle. I love his reaction when the rings float to him: "Oh, this can't be good..." And the art is top notch too.

Action Comics - I seem to be the only person on this board loving Action, but I'm not ashamed. I'm really looking forward to see where we go from here. Lovin' Luthor out of everybody so far. So pompous, so sinister, so Luthor. :rock

Batgirl - I poo-pooed this one since the beginning, and I'm ready to eat my words. Loved the first issue. A little cliché, but I'm glad we got that part out of the way right away. Fell in love w/ Gail Simone in Secret Six, and she did not disappoint in Batgirl.

Probably continuing -

Firestorm - Again, Gail Simone. Kick ass art too. A little disappointed that Firestorm is *issue #1 spoilers* 2 people now, but I think I'm interested enough to continue.

Batman & Detective - I'm in for these storylines at least. There isn't much "new" here, but that's okay, I guess. I'll probably drop one or the other once the current stories conclude.

Won't be continuing -

Batwoman - Honestly, now that I write this, I'm not sure why I'm putting Batwoman here. I enjoyed this book more than Batman & Detective, and the artwork is the best DC is offering, imo. Maybe I'll keep it going for another issue or two and reassess.

Blue Beetle - I was really disappointed with this title. I love the Jamie Reyes Beetle, but this book really bored me. I thought the set up was great, but once we got to Earth, I couldn't give a ____ about anything that was going on.

My pull list:
October 5
-Action Comics 2*
-Detective Comics 2
-Red Lanterns 2

October 12
-Batgirl 2*
-Batman and Robin 2*
-Green Lantern 2
-Superboy 2

October 19
-Batman 2
-Green Lantern Corps 2
-Justice League 2
-Nightwing 2
-Supergirl 2*
-Wonder Woman 2

October 26
-Aquaman 2
-Flash 2
-GL: New Guardians 2
-Superman 2
-Teen Titans 2
-Firestorm 2*
-Hawkman 2*

That's 21 of the New 52 that I'm giving another month. The ones with * are ones that have one more issue to impress.

Using your format :)rock), here's my October list, (with * one more chance chance caveats):

October 5
-Animal-Man 2
-Action Comics 2*
-Detective Comics 2
-Swamp Thing 2*

October 12
-Batgirl 2
-Batman and Robin 2*
-Batwoman 2*
-Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. 2
-Green Lantern 2
-Suicide Squad 2

October 19
-Batman 2
-Captain Atom 2*
-DC Universe Presents
-Green Lantern Corps 2*
-Justice League 2*
-Nightwing 2
-Supergirl 2*
-Wonder Woman 2

October 26
-All Star Western 2
-Aquaman 2
-Flash 2
-GL: New Guardians 2*
-I, Vampire 2*
-Justice League Dark 2
-Savage Hawkman 2*
-Superman 2
-Teen Titans 2
-Voodoo 2

28 on my list. More than I expected. Lots of asterisks, though.

Definitely OFF my list already (of ones I purchased #1s of) are:

Catwoman
Demon Knights
Green Arrow
Justice League International
Men of War
Red Hood and The Outlaws

Mike, shame on you for not giving All Star Western a shot. :thwak And no Animal Man?? :horror

Animal Man was alright, it definitely wasn't the second coming of comic books as the media made it out to be but I never cared for the character and this while made the character more interesting still didn't synch it. I actually did buy All-Star Western #1 but I'm waiting for it to arrive from Midtown Comics, got it before they sold out. :lol So we'll see about that one.

Animal Man was alright, it definitely wasn't the second coming of comic books as the media made it out to be but I never cared for the character and this while made the character more interesting still didn't synch it. I actually did buy All-Star Western #1 but I'm waiting for it to arrive from Midtown Comics, got it before they sold out. :lol So we'll see about that one.

Ah! Cool. :duff

Back