DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Batwing was meh.

But Swamp Thing #2 was great, and Animal Man #2 was amazing. That book... wow. I'm completely in.

Detective #2 was solid. Didn't quite have the impact of the first but I like the tone and wear it's heading. Another jaw-dropper at the end, too. The Dollmaker isn't ____ing around.

And, yeah, I picked up The Huntress #1 (mostly because it's Paul Levitz, but I do dig the character). Good read. I think this will be a good mini-series.

Solid week.

Detective #2 was solid. Didn't quite have the impact of the first but I like the tone and wear it's heading. Another jaw-dropper at the end, too. The Dollmaker isn't ____ing around.
I liked the ending too. The double page spread of Batman at the beginning was awesome aswell.
One slightly odd thing I did notice though... The front cover depicts Batman in what looks like the Batwing/Batplane, yet he doesn't use it at all throughout the entire issue. Weird.

I really wanna read Swamp Thing. Havent read Swamp Thing since Alan Moore's series but alays been a big fan of the character since i was a kid. I ordered issue #2 and the 2nd printing of issue #1 so hopefully will get them any day now. Really looking forward to it. Hope there's not too much to catch up on.
Other than that, got Detective #2 and Action #2 on their way too. Gonna be a good week of reading.

I liked the ending too. The double page spread of Batman at the beginning was awesome aswell.
One slightly odd thing I did notice though... The front cover depicts Batman in what looks like the Batwing/Batplane, yet he doesn't use it at all throughout the entire issue. Weird.

Thats a shame. Ever since i first saw the cover a couple of weeks back i was looking forward to seeing what was going on with the Batwing/Batplane. Looking forward to seeing it. What a shame. Oh well, still looking forward to carrying on this series. I enjoyed Batman #1 but not as much as Detective #1.

^ Well hopefully the double page spread will make up for the lack of the Batwing for you instead - I won't spoil it but it's really cool!
It is odd how they'd depict the Batwing on the cover but not use it...

^ Well hopefully the double page spread will make up for the lack of the Batwing for you instead - I won't spoil it but it's really cool!
It is odd how they'd depict the Batwing on the cover but not use it...

Sweet. Looking forward to it. :yess: Also, i orderd Penguin: Pain and Prejudice on your recommendation. Should be here in a couple of days. :)

I also picked up The Demon Laughs 1-shot today, because Jim Aparo is one of my favorite Batman artists. Takes me back to the late 80's.

Sweet. Looking forward to it. :yess: Also, i orderd Penguin: Pain and Prejudice on your recommendation. Should be here in a couple of days. :)
Cool, hope you enjoy it as much as I did! (If you don't, I should mention there's another member on here called sfa with the exact same sig as me and he goes round making all sorts of crazy recommendations the loon! haha)
Seriously though it's cool, great atmosphere and great depiction of the character.

Animal Man is on another level. Book 2 was as good as the first. Also picked up Detective. The first week of each month are becoming something special to look forward to :rock

Animal Man is on another level. Book 2 was as good as the first. Also picked up Detective. The first week of each month are becoming something special to look forward to :rock

Agreed. Animal Man is shaping up to be one of those book runs that you look back on and say, "Yeah, that was one of the game-changers." Not in a Watchmen or Dark Knight Returns way, of course. But I definitely get an Alan Moore/Swamp Thing vibe from this. It's already pushing the boundaries of a monthly "mainstream" superhero title just 2 books in.

Detective is also 2-for-2, and now both Action and Swamp Thing have upped their games. This is looking like a good week from here on out, indeed.

detective comic no2 was just as good as issue no 1, and yeah the ending is another holy sh... moment, and yes dollmaker is one of those guys that wont fuc* around too long to make his point. and i wont be surprised that he will be in future batman related films or animations, since he is one hell of a great character.

But Swamp Thing #2 was great, and Animal Man #2 was amazing. That book... wow. I'm completely in.

And, yeah, I picked up The Huntress #1 (mostly because it's Paul Levitz, but I do dig the character). Good read. I think this will be a good mini-series.

That's a relief. She's one of my favorites and I've really been looking forward to this. Good to know Animal Man and DC are holding on. I have about three months worth of books ready to ship to me on Friday. I'm pretty excited to play catch up, and figure out what's going to be a regular read.

I also picked up The Demon Laughs 1-shot today, because Jim Aparo is one of my favorite Batman artists. Takes me back to the late 80's.

That's in the stack I have coming too. They've been releasing a bunch of old Legends of the Dark Knight arcs in that format, with more to come.

Was that those really early X-Men comics? That started with the Giant Size X men issue? I have the first two volumes of Essential X-Men with those stories.

Claremont came on regularly at #94 (unbroken until #279!!!), and Byrne started pencilling for #108, #109, and then #111 though #143. Basically, December 1977 to March 1981, and the end of the X-Men title before it became The Uncanny X-Men at #141 (Days of Future Past).

Giant Size X-Men #1 was May 1975, and it reprinted issues from the late '60's.

Batwing #1 was horrid, it was Winnick going the other way and trying way too hard to make the character interesting. Personally I'd be shocked if his books continue past the first 5 issues. I'm sure they'll cancel out Batwing and give Catwoman duties to someone else. The guy is a hack.

Quoted for truth.

Winick is, hands down, the worst writer at DC, and hasn't done a decent run on anything since he started plaguing the DCU with his ineptitude. Seriously, the guy makes hiring Bruce Jones seem like a good idea in comparison. :slap:

Worse still, DC seem to keep putting the idiot hack on characters that I love - Batman, Green Arrow, Captain Marvel, now Catwoman. Grrrr... :gah:

To paraphrase Jack Nicholson's Joker - I have given a name to my pain, and that name is Judd Winick.

Awesome, i didnt realise they had released this. I always meant to pick up the issues but never got around to it. Glad they finally put this together and released it. :yess:

Claremont came on regularly at #94 (unbroken until #279!!!), and Byrne started pencilling for #108, #109, and then #111 though #143. Basically, December 1977 to March 1981, and the end of the X-Men title before it became The Uncanny X-Men at #141 (Days of Future Past).

Giant Size X-Men #1 was May 1975, and it reprinted issues from the late '60's.

I see. I started trying to read X-Men about a year or so ago but had no idea where to start. Been a massive fan of the cartoon series when i was a kid and always liked the characters etc just never got round to reading anything. Man, its a real minefield trying to find somewhere to start. So i got the first two volumes of Claremont and Byrne's Essential X-Men collections. A couple of random books from Jim Lee's period (which didnt impress me) and recently read Messiah Complex. Which i absolutely loved. Anyway, sorry for gong off topic. :)

Yeah, I found it for about £5.90 here. But I just spent £10 yesterday on comics, so might wait to pick it up. Was it a good story? I've enjoyed most of the LOTDK series.

Back