DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Voodoo being in Wildcats years ago from Image Comics. looking forward to picking that one up tomorrow, it's GOTTA be better than Stormwatch and Grifter (also from Image / Wildstorm). Good to hear you say you really liked it Carl.

The character of Voodoo has major potential to be used in very interesting ways in the DC Universe... especially because of what her purpose is (as explained in this issue).

Superman no 1 did what detective comics no 1 did, it gave us what we want out of the character and sets superman up for whats to come, and i love this a 100times more then action comic no 1, superman was superman in this and not an ass clown with a cape

Superman has always been my favorite character, but I'm hating his new look, starting all over again with him and Lois. I want to like this and I want to be excited, but Grant Morris needs to go and I hope Clark wakes up tomorrow, leaps in his old suit with red trunks and realizes it's all been a bad dream. What's the deal with that stupid belt....

Caved and picked up Superman and Voodoo. Loved the latter, but I won't be pulling the second Superman issue next month.

I was able to get New Guardians and Batman: Dark Knight today, but still no plain old Batman yet. So I'm 100% of the Lantern books but have only gotten 2 of the 4 Batmans (don't plan on getting into Batman and Robin as I frankly don't care for Robin). Hopefully these will all be easier to get next month once all of the bandwagon hype buyers go away.

Superman has always been my favorite character, but I'm hating his new look, starting all over again with him and Lois. I want to like this and I want to be excited, but Grant Morris needs to go and I hope Clark wakes up tomorrow, leaps in his old suit with red trunks and realizes it's all been a bad dream. What's the deal with that stupid belt....

so you buy comics for the pretty images and not the stories, i feel sorry for you, i mean come on its just a look that they needed to give to him to move away from the legal isues.
and Grant had nothing to do with the superman no 1 issue.

so you buy comics for the pretty images and not the stories, i feel sorry for you, i mean come on its just a look that they needed to give to him to move away from the legal isues.
and Grant had nothing to do with the superman no 1 issue.

Grant had everything to do with what was wrong about Action Comics #1 :lecture:lol

Grant had everything to do with what was wrong about Action Comics #1 :lecture:lol

you need to read better, i wrote that grant had nothing to do with superman no 1 not action comic no 1, everyone knows he ruined action comic, no doubt , i was just correcting the fact that he had nothing to do with supes no 1 and thats the comic that was commented on .

you need to read better, i wrote that grant had nothing to do with superman no 1 not action comic no 1, everyone knows he ruined action comic, no doubt , i was just correcting the fact that he had nothing to do with supes no 1 and thats the comic that was commented on .

Then you read dadvader's post a little differently than I did. I took it to mean he's upset with the New 52 version of Superman as a whole, which Morrison is partially responsible for.

PS, are you always an ____, as-a-matter-of-fact prick to every stranger you come across?

I ended up with just about everything. Except for the Western, despite Carl's rave reviews I've never been a fan of Jonah Hex.

I ended up with just about everything. Except for the Western, despite Carl's rave reviews I've never been a fan of Jonah Hex.

FWIW, I've never been a big Jonah Hex fan, either. But All-Star Western was great, and the setting (1880's Gotham done like Whitechapel), tone (grim, yet with black humor) and Dr. Arkham character (his dynamic with Hex is great) have a lot to do with that. It's also a pretty long issue, almost double size. You really should at least give it a try.

Then you read dadvader's post a little differently than I did. I took it to mean he's upset with the New 52 version of Superman as a whole, which Morrison is partially responsible for.

PS, are you always an ____, as-a-matter-of-fact prick to every stranger you come across?

no just those who make me tingle with joy... just kidding, sorry if i came out sounding like a dicky ricky pain in the ahem .
had a bad day when i posted and it came out against the wrong people, but death will do that to me and i lost a friend recently .
not anyones problem and so i am trully sorry for going dark sider

Correct, I am disappointed with the new Superman as a whole in the new DC take on him, and beyond the costume of course as I mentioned when you read my whole post. Obviously I thought the stories were terrible or I wouldn't have posted or I would have posted "Love the stories, hate the look." I like Superman and I want to like the new direction. I could go on with my disappointment, but I think it's been mirrored well here by other posts. If you dig it, great. I was just expressing my disappointment. I'm glad for the folks that are enjoying it, I really wish I could.:(

Of all the comics that came out this week I would put Firestorm as my top pick. The origin is refreshing, leading to cool possibilities and questions. Overall, I can't say anything bad about this comic. may be the best of the entire bunch of the 2.

Superman - I don't think I am spoiling anything as it won't spoil the main story. Did anybody else get the feeling that not everyone in DC is behind this new change? Particularly, the writer of this story?

The Old Planet is replaced by a new Daily Planet because it's antiquated = Old DC is replaced by the new 52.

The main character, Superman/Kent hates the change.

The new owner of the new Planet is Morgan Edge, who in Old DC headed Intergang and the Superman revenge squad = Lee and Didio is out to destroy DC.

Correct, I am disappointed with the new Superman as a whole in the new DC take on him, and beyond the costume of course as I mentioned when you read my whole post. Obviously I thought the stories were terrible or I wouldn't have posted or I would have posted "Love the stories, hate the look." I like Superman and I want to like the new direction. I could go on with my disappointment, but I think it's been mirrored well here by other posts. If you dig it, great. I was just expressing my disappointment. I'm glad for the folks that are enjoying it, I really wish I could.:(

maybe it will get better with time, like old wine...

Carl was right, Voodoo was a great read. I really enjoyed it. I also loved Teen Titans, great book.

Justic League Dark and Savage Hawkman were ok. But, won't buy next issue.

Flash was pretty good and probably worth getting the next issue. Superman I thought was decent, probably better then Action Comics. But, I wasn't too impressed with either of them. Next up: Blackhawks and All Star Western.

Back