DC RELAUNCHING entire Universe in September

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just bought that 'The Demon Laughs' one-shot off eBay, hope it's a good read! I've not been impressed at all with the previous DC 100-page and 80-page giants.... This one sounds as though it has a good story though, plus the fact it's one long story as oppossed to a few smaller stories goes in it's favour. Plus it's Jim Aparo so the art's gonna be good!

I've just bought that 'The Demon Laughs' one-shot off eBay, hope it's a good read! I've not been impressed at all with the previous DC 100-page and 80-page giants.... This one sounds as though it has a good story though, plus the fact it's one long story as oppossed to a few smaller stories goes in it's favour. Plus it's Jim Aparo so the art's gonna be good!

Let me know what you think of it, sfa. I've been meaning to pick up the single issues for the past few years, but never did. So really glad dc have released this.

These are the LOTDK re-issues coming in the next couple months.

DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – BLINK #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – BAD #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – DON'T BLINK #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – URBAN LEGEND #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – THE SECRET CITY #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – BLAZE OF GLORY #1

And a few that weren't LOTDK.

DC COMICS PRESENTS: CATWOMAN – GUARDIAN OF GOTHAM #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – GOTHAM NOIR #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – ARKHAM

It's nice to know there'll be stuff to read that isn't bound to the new 52. Batman isn't the only character getting them either. Do a search at the DC site and it turns up a few pages worth. JLA, Superman, Flash, etc.

These are the LOTDK re-issues coming in the next couple months.

DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – BLINK #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – BAD #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – DON'T BLINK #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – URBAN LEGEND #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – THE SECRET CITY #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – BLAZE OF GLORY #1

And a few that weren't LOTDK.

DC COMICS PRESENTS: CATWOMAN – GUARDIAN OF GOTHAM #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – GOTHAM NOIR #1
DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – ARKHAM

It's nice to know there'll be stuff to read that isn't bound to the new 52. Batman isn't the only character getting them either. Do a search at the DC site and it turns up a few pages worth. JLA, Superman, Flash, etc.

Sweet, some great releases. Will have to pick up Blink and Don't Blink from LOTDK. Also Gotham Noir sounds intriguing. Anyone have any info on it? And Batman - Arkham?

Let me know what you think of it, sfa. I've been meaning to pick up the single issues for the past few years, but never did. So really glad dc have released this.

Will do! It should be here either tomorrow or Monday I hope.

Some of those other Batman specials coming out sound quite good.
I already have the DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – ARKHAM special, and it was a big letdown for me. Only one decent story out of the four, and the art in that one wasn't great.
The DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – BLAZE OF GLORY and DC COMICS PRESENTS: BATMAN – GOTHAM NOIR look the most interesting to me out of that list you posted devilof76.
Looks like the GOTHAM NOIR one is out already too, anyone here read it yet?

Yeah, gotham noir is the one that sounds most interesting to me. One of my favourite bat books was nine lives, so I'm wondering if this will be something similar. And the other LOTDK ones I'd like to check out as I loved all the early releases from that series. Although I have Bad in single issue form and it wasn't great.

That's good to know about Arkham and Bad. I have no completist tendencies so if I can not buy something, I won't.

Urban Legend looks good, and Gotham Noir is on the list because I'll read anything Brubaker writes. Loved his Catwoman.

I got my #1 books in the mail from midtown comics today. So far I've read action, grifter, suicide squad, batman dark knight, superman

I'm guessing action is kind of a prequel series to superman? suicide squad & grifter were good. liked dark knight

I still have batman, detective, green lantern, GL corps & aquaman to read

There's a nice article about DC's new 52 at Grantland here. I agree with a lot of what was written there.

It doesn't seem like there's really that much of a restart going on or much that makes it easy for new readers to start.

Green Lantern, Batman and Hawkman seem to have picked up almost exactly where the old DC left off.

Superman, Flash and JL are different, but not entirely new reader friendly.

All in all, it's not much of restart.

I just have to say I loved this week's Penguin: Pain and Prejudice. I've never been the biggest fan of the Penguin, but I really got into this. The art is beautiful (and I mean art) and the story has been very good so far. I'm in for all 5 for sure :rock

I just have to say I loved this week's Penguin: Pain and Prejudice. I've never been the biggest fan of the Penguin, but I really got into this. The art is beautiful (and I mean art) and the story has been very good so far. I'm in for all 5 for sure :rock

That's great to hear. I got Pain and Prejudice on its way to me in the mail, really looking forward to it.

I only picked up two issues of #2s this week. I only read Swamp Thing so far and its soooo good. Going to read Detective comics tonight. Hopefully it wont let me down. I might have to track down Animal Man. Every forum I go to keeps praising at how good it is.

I only picked up two issues of #2s this week. I only read Swamp Thing so far and its soooo good. Going to read Detective comics tonight. Hopefully it wont let me down. I might have to track down Animal Man. Every forum I go to keeps praising at how good it is.

it must be good, it's on a 2nd printing

Had my doubts with Action Comics, especially with Morrison on the helm.
I was pleasantly suprised.

48 more to go.

^ Well hopefully the double page spread will make up for the lack of the Batwing for you instead - I won't spoil it but it's really cool!
It is odd how they'd depict the Batwing on the cover but not use it...

Just seen what you mean. Reading Detective #2 now and that was a very cool double page spread. Love it.

Just finished Detective #2, another great cliffhanger, cant wait to see where this is going. Action #2 next.

Last edited:
Back