DC GO HOME!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DC seems to be a much darker and more "mature" universe, even realistic in very loose terms.... and that's probably why I prefer Marvel, because when I'm escaping and reading comics, I prefer things to be upbeat and positive.

but when I'm angry and depressed, I put some Tool on and read Vertigo.

Vertigo is certainly darker, but that's not at all reflective of the DC universe. It used to be that Marvel was more "mature" than DC in that they were writing for teens and DC skewed a bit younger. But nowadays all comic readers are adults and the stories reflect that. But all the writers cross over between companies, so I don't think you can say that either company is more complex or darker.

When you pander to the fanatical and singleminded you ask for chaos. Star Wars, DC and now this. Board Wars. Who will tell the tale of these mighty battles? Who will be left alive? For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. DC was bound to happen. Will it divide and conquer? Will we be able to use our will to dissipate the negativity, and the equally foul positivity? Stand down and live on, on neutral grounds. Remain and maintain the threads of Freakdom. So be it.

I have trouble following the Marvel events. I bought all the House of M trades and all the World War Hulk trades - but both seemed to be all the same stuff from just slightly different viewpoints. I even bought one that just a couple of incredibly boring newspaper reporters. I kept wondering when the real characters were coming in, but apparently these reporters have their own title?

LOLLLL..yeah Dave, this is the Front line trade from WWH..And I agree, it was immensly boring.Like I said, Marvel is milking it too.

While I love Marvel; DC's got Superman, Batman and Watchmen. That's all I need.

Also, anyone that has read Green Lantern knows that Geoff Johns is the friggin MAN! :rock:rock:rock

green lantern rules! you could take every chuck norris joke and insert hal jordan's name into them. that's how much rear he kicks...all day long. and geoff johns is amazing. i mean he made flash one of my all time favorite titles...flash!

green lantern rules! you could take every chuck norris joke and insert hal jordan's name into them. that's how much rear he kicks...all day long. and geoff johns is amazing. i mean he made flash one of my all time favorite titles...flash!

Just wait! He's heading up the "Flash: Rebirth" title that will bring Barry Allen back to the regular DCU. Then, the weekly Flash book is supposed to reboot (or get a second book not sure) and feature Barry Allen as the main Flash! Sound like a familiar outline? It should for anyone that is reading Green Lantern currently. I am super stoked! :rock:rock:rock

This drawing of lines if the sand between DC and Marvel is just as lame and idiotic a behavior as the people who draw a line between Sideshow and Medicom.

Trolling a thread is not tolerated on this board you guys.

Just a warning.

This drawing of lines if the sand between DC and Marvel is just as lame and idiotic a behavior as the people who draw a line between Sideshow and Medicom.

Trolling a thread is not tolerated on this board you guys.

Just a warning.

Wait...who is this directed towards? or is this just a general warning shot? :confused:

Well it doesn't matter who you are, trolling is not allowed so I would say it is a general warning.

Not a big DC or Marvel fan either way, so I'm pretty neutral. Batman is a great character that has evolved well over the years, I've never liked Superman...ever. He's too much of a goody two shoes for me, but his villians are superb from Luthor to Zod to Metallo. Marvel falls into the same boat for me, I love dark heroes like Punisher and Planet Hulk was superb WWH less so, but still good.

They're flip sides of a coin, without Marvel, DC would have probably died a long time ago and vice versa. With every new storyline or character or evolution the other company has to push the envelope.

So DC is good.....and Marvel is good. Hell I wish that SS had the DC licence I really do....I'd love to see a Mr. Freeze comiquette or a Superman/Doomsday diorama.

Just wait! He's heading up the "Flash: Rebirth" title that will bring Barry Allen back to the regular DCU. Then, the weekly Flash book is supposed to reboot (or get a second book not sure) and feature Barry Allen as the main Flash! Sound like a familiar outline? It should for anyone that is reading Green Lantern currently. I am super stoked! :rock:rock:rock

yah i can't wait. it's gonna be so freaking awesome. i was anti the return of allen but with geoff johns writing it...you know it's gonna be great.

I think this thread has run it's course and everyone has had a chance to have their say... locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back