DC Direct 13" Dark Knight Joker and Batman Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just sold a freddy krueger glove and my Watchmen series for $100, so that makes the Hot Toys Joker only $60 (by my "special" math)!

Shaka Zulu!

Oh wait, this thread is for the DCD Joker....whoops.

what does everyone think about the dcd 13' joker? i think thats actually pretty awesome, and more the joker style i prefer

Pics from a friend:
joker13.jpg

joker12.jpg

joker11.jpg

joker3-1.jpg

joker1-2.jpg

Looks great, though the mask is pretty pointless.

Oversized and poorly constructed? :confused:

yes and kind of yes. the clothing on the dcd 13 figs is pretty nice. i do not like the body construction that much. bizarro is great, martian manhunter looks weird but i think the line is pretty good.

I do not have him yet, but I have seen him in my LCS (they only ordered one of each and both were called for by the time I got there) and he looks like one of the most outstanding in the line.
The body could be better - but everyone knows that. Just like with the old SS buck body - everyone knows that body sucks yet they still buy the figures and sing the praises of Sideshow. So, I do the same with DCD. DCD is giving fans something that has never been done before in such a grand way, giving collectors a good representation of beloved comic characters in sixth scale. Heck, even Sideshow wont mine the sixth scale Marvel gold that is sitting beneath them, so I give DCD credit where credit is due. While Hot Toys is putting out very nice figures but for someone who is not willing to spend around $160 for Joker or Batman (or $320 together) DCD is a good deal.

Got him, and I'm very pleased with him (at least until HT arrives). Sorry for poor pics :(

2864236039713482560us8.jpg

2864237749713488750yk4.jpg

2864239389713494630uf2.jpg

2864244799713513170uv2.jpg

Very nice pics man. Love the cards - how hard was it to put them together like that and get them to stay?

Very nice pics man. Love the cards - how hard was it to put them together like that and get them to stay?

They slide right in. The hands grasp tightly. I actually had 3 cards in there to begin with (which held fine), but added 2 more just for kicks. It comes with about 15 or so cards. There is only one card in my set that is a duplicate. Really, really nice accessories and figure! Wish it had WSS dollars, pocket chain, socks, and suspenders...

Nice pictures of the Joker. It looks like people are not getting the Batman, please someone prove me wrong and please post pictures of Batman. I got both DCD Batman and Joker on order but wont ship it from BBTS because I'm waiting for the Hot Toys to be released.

Nice pictures of the Joker. It looks like people are not getting the Batman, please someone prove me wrong and please post pictures of Batman. I got both DCD Batman and Joker on order but wont ship it from BBTS because I'm waiting for the Hot Toys to be released.

Thank you. I've seen TDK Batman. His head was too small, and he was a bit barrel-chested (both reasons why I didn't buy him). Joker was worth the $ for me, but Batman had too many issues. Looked like they rehashed a bit of the old BB figure to make the TDK one.

Sorry, though. I know you were looking forward to him :(

Thanks for the info, this will be my second DCD Deluxe excluding the Joker. I got the Black and Gray Batman that was released a while back. Are these limited or mass produced? Being a Big Batman fan I didn't want to pass the DK Batman up and pay more later. I got the 12inch Movie Master Batman toysrus exclusive both masked and unmasked. But I still need a DK Batman version fix waiting for HT to release theirs.

For any of you guys that don't make it over to the custom section (and you should, there's awesome work there!), here's a pic I posted there of my DCD Joker with some upgrades. As DA said, this figure is an excellent base to start with...
JokerDCD013.jpg

JokerDCD017.jpg

Just got mine in today. Light years above anything else in the line and this headsculpt blows the Hot toys sculpt away, even without the repaint, but with the repaint it's top notch. The scan of Heath is one of the better scans I've seen when translated into the actual sculpt, he's in it 100%, especially the profile.

Back