DC Direct 13" Dark Knight Joker and Batman Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so is it worth getting DCD batman and joker or should i wait for hot toys? I like both :banghead

I'd get the Joker if you can find it for under retail. $90 is a bit much for the quality (imo), and yes, I own it.

Wouldn't touch Batman. Save your $$$ for the HT.

Thanks, all it really took was about 4 bucks for extra guns and a belt, everything else I had already. The only issue I really had was how poorly tailored the 2 outer jackets were, makes him look pretty puffy, but if you leave out the blazer, the purple coat falls a little better on him. For the price and all the accessories, it's a pretty bang up deal though. I'm going to take some better pics when I get back in a few hours, if you still would like em.

Of course! I'd love to see more pics of what you've done! :)

Here's a few more shots of the DC Joker. I still want to paint his sets of gloves a darker purple and get rid of the brown socks I gave him and make some movie accurate ones.

jkr3.jpg

jkr2.jpg

jkr4.jpg

jkr5.jpg

The gun and belt are from war-toys.com, the chain was a loose part I had that I trimmed to fit, and I tried to lightly dry brush his face with a little black to bring out the wrinkles and lips a little more. I might try some different stuff, but i'm pretty new to repainting things, so I don't want to mess it up.

Looks great! Love that third shot! :)

Thanks man! One last little update. I should probably start a thread in the customs since this is getting repeatitive, but oh well, i'm going to start on some socks next, but I got his gloves done, no more light purple. here's a couple shots. Enjoy.
first coat going on.
gloves.jpg

finished final.
jkr8.jpg

jkr7.jpg

Quick question. I'm thinking about getting a DCD Joker(my first DCD figure) and I wanted to know do these DCD figures stand well on there own or are they dependent on a stand?

Sorry to bump this...but has anyone tried to replace the body? I really hate that body, but I love everything else....just curious.

I was debating the Hot Toys version but simply cannot justify the cost. I just ordered the DCD yesterday based on the high praise it's been getting here and from Michael Crawford. So thanks, fellers!

Sorry to bump this...but has anyone tried to replace the body? I really hate that body, but I love everything else....just curious.

The DCD Joker body is great and any other body you could get is going to be too short for the clothes.

Yeah, that's not bad at all! Any more dramatic paint of that head helps it. Very nice work.

For what it's worth, I am using the DCD base for my personal custom Joker, as I love the emblem on it. I may trade that out with the HT one if I choose to, but the HT holds all the cool accessories. The cards, knives, guns, mask, etc. Not a bad base actually.

Oh very nice repaint job. Nice dramatic shot too.

Due to extreme shortness of cash, and the fact I don't intend to really delve heavily into the Batman side of figure collecting, I think I'll go for this figure as well. I actually don't mind the larger size, and I rather like the likeness.

The only thing that bugs me though is the grey waistcoat, as shouldn't it be green? I may end up either bleaching it and trying to re dye it myself, or get another made for him in the right colour fabric.

Back