DC Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLEASE SAY YES! Make sure they are all 1/4 scale. Ditch that 1/5 thinking already. Make all of the statues in this line 1/4 scale. Start this line off right. Don't make the same mistake you did with the Marvel line. There are some great 1/5 pieces in the Marvel line. However, as great as they look, they would have looked better in 1/4 scale. That is just a fact!

Any 1/4 scale fully sculpted piece in the DC line will more than likely find it's way into my display shelves.

yeah I don't see myself buying too many 1/5th scale pieces...even of second or third rate characters...slightly more space and you can get something much better.

if all DC statues are 1/5 scale what would be the problem? they'd all match.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

the only problem people see with 1/5 is they dont match the other 1/4 statues, but if all DC are 1/5 then this problem wont apply.

if all DC statues are 1/5 scale what would be the problem? they'd all match.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

the only problem people see with 1/5 is they dont match the other 1/4 statues, but if all DC are 1/5 then this problem wont apply.

This wouldn't work because SSC will release comiquettes of DC characters that can't be made as PFs into 1/4 scale. I guarantee you this will happen. SSC can't make a Venom, Carnage, or Silver Surfer PF. That's why they were released as 1/4 scale comiquettes. Iceman will fall into the same category. How do you make him as a PF? He will be released as a 1/4 scale comiquette as well.

The same thing will happen with the DC line. Then you will be forced to display a mixture of 1/4 and 1/5 pieces together.

SSC has a chance to make all of their DC line uniform right off the bat. I hope they don't mess it up.

There is nothing more beautiful than a 1/4 fully sculpted statue. NOTHING!

This wouldn't work because SSC will release comiquettes of DC characters that can't be made as PFs into 1/4 scale. I guarantee you this will happen. SSC can't make a Venom, Carnage, or Silver Surfer PF. That's why they were released as 1/4 scale comiquettes. Iceman will fall into the same category. How do you make him as a PF? He will be released as a 1/4 scale comiquette as well.

The same thing will happen with the DC line. Then you will be forced to display a mixture of 1/4 and 1/5 pieces together.

SSC has a chance to make all of their DC line uniform right off the bat. I hope they don't mess it up.

:goodpost::clap

You Kinda missed the point though, if they made characters that dont have fabric (an equivalent of venom or silver surfer) as a 1/5 comiquette and released batman as a 1/5 PF then they'd match in size.

The idea is universal size despite format.

If they ALL match in either 1/5 or 1/4 then there is no problem.

In Marvel, If a statue is made to 1/5 scale there is only one problem, that problem being they wont match their existing 1/4 characters. If all of DC matched in size at 1/5 only those who have a boner only for 1/4 see a problem.

I prefer 1/5 as i can get more pieces without running out of space as quickly, however If ALL DC PF's and Comiquettes were 1/5 what would be the problem??

If SSC started right off the bat with everything being 1/5 what would be the problem?

And you can't say "the problem is their not 1/4"

What is the constructive point of 1/4 over 1/5, once you elimate having a collection of mixed sizes.

Last edited:
You Kinda missed the point though, if they made characters that dont have fabric (an equivalent of venom or silver surfer) as a 1/5 comiquette and released batman as a 1/5 PF then they'd match in size.

In Marvel, If a statue is made to 1/5 scale there is only one problem, that problem being they wont match their existing 1/4 characters. If all of DC matched in size at 1/5 only those who have a boner only for 1/4 see a problem.

I prefer 1/5 as i can get more pieces without running out of space as quickly, however If ALL DC PF's and Comiquettes were 1/5 what would be the problem??

If SSC started right off the bat with everything being 1/5 what would be the problem?

What is the constructive point of 1/4 over 1/5, once you elimate having a collection of mixed sizes.

All their premium formats are 1/4 scale, and that's why Comiquettes should be in the same scale to mix and match them without a Cyclops towering over Colossus.

Guys you dont seem to get the point of my posts here so i'll keep it more simple...

If EVERY SINGLE DC Premium Format and Comiquettes were 1/5, and there were no 1/4 scale ones AT ALL what would be the problem??

Guys you dont seem to get the point of my posts here so i'll keep it more simple...

If EVERY SINGLE DC Premium Format and Comiquettes were 1/5, and there were no 1/4 scale ones AT ALL what would be the problem??

They won't make Premium Format in 1/5 scale regardless of licence whether it's SW, LOTR or anything else, it has been described in the literature that they printed that their Premium Format is all 1/4 scale.. Now they just need to make all the comiquettes match up.

I usually only buy 1/5 if that is the only scale that is released for that character, or it is better than the 1/4. I have sold off many 1/5 to go to 1/4 like She Hulk, Rogue for example.

You kinda missed my point. They will not make all of the DC comiquettes in 1/5 scale. It will not happen because when a character can't be done in 1/4 scale PF, it is then done as a 1/4 comiquette. My point is look at the Venom, Carnage, and Silver Surfer com. Do you really think SSC is going to release those coms again in 1/5 scale? NO!

This will happen with the DC coms too. A charcter that they can't make as a 1/4 PF will be made as a 1/4 com. That's were the fun begins. I promise you this will happen. The only way to have everything be uniform is to make EVERYTHING 1/4 scale. 1/5 scale will sooner or later cause a display problem. If you need an example of this look at the 1/4 Spidey com. Hobgoblin is 1/5. Every other villian com that will be released will also be 1/5. Do you now see the problem with 1/5 scale? That is my point.

Last edited:
Back