Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda wierd, go to the ssc site and the WL isn't there, but hit the link on the first page here and it shows up.....:dunno

I think they are seriously looking to push the REGs now that the EX is sold out. They would have no problems selling some more EXs if some peeps cancel their orders. They already have a good number of peeps on the WL , I'm sure. I think they don't want to get stuck eating too many REGs. I think this is what happened with the Batman PF. They learned their lesson and are getting started pushing the Supes REGs early IMHO.

Last edited:
I think they are seriously looking to push the REGs now that the EX is sold out. They would have no problems selling some more EXs if some peeps cancel their orders. They already have a good number of peeps on the WL , I'm sure. I think they don't want to get stuck eating too mant REGs. I think this is what happened with the Batman PF. They learned their lesson and are getting started pushing the Supes REGs early IMHO.

I wonder what they consider "trouble" as far as moving statues. I mean I expect they will sell all Batman and all Superman regs in time. I don't think it will be an issue selling either in a timely manner.

I wonder what they consider "trouble" as far as moving statues. I mean I expect they will sell all Batman and all Superman regs in time. I don't think it will be an issue selling either in a timely manner.

But there are sunk costs, like licensing, factory minimums, all the artists, etc... that the fisrt few thousand will have to cover. It is the last few thousands that are their profit. So sooner means more available capital.

But there are sunk costs, like licensing, factory minimums, all the artists, etc... that the fisrt few thousand will have to cover. It is the last few thousands that are their profit. So sooner means more available capital.

I suppose there is some risk there but seeing as its only the two big DC heavy hitters they are testing such a big ES on I would imagine a big company like sideshow wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket financially. I am sure this is a risk they can afford to experiment with. But you have many good points.

Well I have long been staying away from PF...waiting for a 1:6 line for the JLA...so decided to throw this together real quick to see how they look...Haven't seen these together yet..so sorry if this image is redundant:

upload foto

Well I have long been staying away from PF...waiting for a 1:6 line for the JLA...so decided to throw this together real quick to see how they look...Haven't seen these together yet..so sorry if this image is redundant:

upload foto

That particular mix hasn't been done, this is a similar image

DACC5425-E085-404A-B261-94A3DA7D5A28-27289-000016B5C502A7E7_zps03dfcb91.jpg

I will add though that I am sure that the 1/6 will be AT LEAST $200-$250 if not more. So you could get this

null_zps04348153.jpg

Or for an extra $150-$200 you could get THIS

null_zpscb139626.jpg

Not a really a contest in my opinion

Last edited:

Well, I would imagine if they had 1000 REGs of Bats sitting in a warehouse, that can be a problem. Start adding a lot of Superman REGs to that and it may become troublesome. I know that Bats is more popular than Supes but 2000 more REGs popular? I just don't see that. The EXs for both statues will sell out. They will not be an issue.

They offer gift cards and free shipping for one reason, to move stock and make room in their warehouse. We are talking about Superman and Batman so they will move those pieces eventually. I would hate to see such iconic characters become gift card eligible though. It would just feel all wrong seeing these 2 languish in gift card eligible land. The Green Lantern PF selling out before them would seem strange to me.

I really think they pushed their limits with Batman and don't want the same thing happening with Superman. If they sell out both REGs soon enough then SSC obviously nailed it. We'll know soon enough.

Fil, honestly man, I don't think they will have trouble selling Batman. I mean, 4 days for 2000 to go? I just don't see them collecting dust in SSs warehouse. I would like to know where there are as far as how many they have sold to date.

Sorry but 2500 and grail cannot exist in the same sentence my friend....

uhm except right here of course because I just wrote it, but you know what I mean! :rotfl

Fil, honestly man, I don't think they will have trouble selling Batman. I mean, 4 days for 2000 to go? I just don't see them collecting dust in SSs warehouse. I would like to know where there are as far as how many they have sold to date.

Yeah, I would love to know where they stand with the REG Bats myself. I so hope you are right about him King. Like I said, seeing such an iconic character , so well sculpted, sitting in stock and becoming gift card eligible would be seriously disappointing in my book.

Funny three pages later we are still talking about the dbag who posted once and hasn't been heard from since. What is wrong with us???!!!:slap:rotfl

Just like to say that I noticed there were many pages dedicated to a newb and post counts.... See what happens when you stop arguing about the Ex Head flames ;) ;) :) :)

Sorry but 2500 and grail cannot exist in the same sentence my friend....

uhm except right here of course because I just wrote it, but you know what I mean! :rotfl

If you factor in that a lot of collectors won't want to sell theirs because he's Superman, and also there are new collectors coming into the market every year, only time will tell if this reaches "grail" status. Look at DC Direct's Batman Vs. Killer Croc. They made 1500 and it sold out and became highly sought after. I think many people, myself included, consider it a grail. I know they are re-issuing it with a new paint job, but honestly, I don't think over time that will affect the grail status of the original.

Back