Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The name calling was not directed towards you.

In regards to batman, I misunderstood your post. I thought you had said only 15 people converted. My mistake (due to skimming the multitude of posts) and I apologize.

As for the reason to put my name on the waitlist, yes, it is to test the limits of SS "sold out" claim. I would be doing it weeks after the thing is sold out and declining it, if by chance it converted, enabling the next person on the list to get it. Not sure how this would "block'" another collector, and as for being a "jerk" I would suggest anyone buying the exclusive even though they have no interest in it (thereby truly depriving someone else from owning it) better deserves that title.

For what it's worth, I own 7 superman statues, 2 of them being cool 1/4 scale customs, and I will be getting the regular version of this.

I still don't know why would you would get n the Waitlist, but different strokes. I will say I prefer the Reg portrait as well, and maybe if I had two other 1/4 scale Superman's I could pass on the Ex if I disliked it, but since I am lucky enough to love it... I am set.:yess::yess:

You could be right Spidey, hopefully the EX will look better in person. I'll give it a chance.

As for the Hulk, I don't love it enough to forgive the LE, but to each their own. I prefer the original Hulk PF.

I am hoping the Ex looks as amazing as I feel it does to others, that way even more people are happy. As for Hulk I prefer the Maq to the PF, but that is just an artistic style preference of mine. More detailed work vs the classic comic look.

I'm afraid the EX is going to require some red LED display lights to help it look right.

Glowing red eyes would have been enough for me. But I don't mind the EX at all.

superman-wallpaper_zps60005aff.jpg

So my buddy who knows nothing of the collecting world and SSC looks at this and casually calls it a "doll" even though I had mentioned several times it's a statue! :slap

Well pictures are always deceiving. I've shown many people photos of my collection even with other objects and people in the photo sometimes for scale reference. They never seem that impressed until they see it in person and is shocked by how large the pieces are. SS pieces really leaves an impression on people and I haven't had no one refer them as dolls or toys. I'd defriend them.

Last edited:
Well pictures are always deceiving. I've shown many people photos of my collection even with other objects and people in the photo sometimes for scale reference. They never seem that impressed until they see it in person and is shocked by how large the pieces are. SS pieces really leaves an impression on people and I haven't had no one refer them as dolls or toys. I'd befriend them.

:lecture I think you mean you'd stop being friends with them or at least give them a strong warning. :lol

i make this photoshop, and i make a poll in statue forum, what do you think? better without spaguettis?

2hplvlh.jpg

Well pictures are always deceiving. I've shown many people photos of my collection even with other objects and people in the photo sometimes for scale reference. They never seem that impressed until they see it in person and is shocked by how large the pieces are. SS pieces really leaves an impression on people and I haven't had no one refer them as dolls or toys. I'd defriend them.

Ha yeah definitely. It's like when you look at people's collections, the pieces always look a lot smaller than what they actually are but you never know how good a piece is until you see it in-hand. I love unboxing a new statue, putting it together & really getting to look at it. Even better when it's a Grail piece your been chasing & kinda expecting to never see it in-person let alone own it :)

Back