Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad that Sideshow is going with the Fortress of Solitude for the base. DC Direct was totally wrong using the gargoyle base for their Superman.......

101_0.jpg

Is this a joke? Did DCD seriously think their PFs were on the same level as SS?

Looks like it is going to be mixed media according to Andy Bergholtz. Pajamas for the win!!

I personally love the Wolverine & Sabertooth PF's, lol, but yes the materials and techniques of the cut & sew department are always improving. This one looks spot on, like it stepped right off the comic pages. There are also some cutting edge fabric coloring techniques being explored on these PF's, the team has found some very clever new ways to portray light/shadow on these miniature costumes that works VERY well for comic book characters like Bats & Supes. I'm sure they will be sharing some behind-the-scenes info on that on the Sideshow Experience website soon.

I figure it'll be pretty much like the first Thor. Sculpted boots and cape and pajama suit.

WIN!

Is this a joke? Did DCD seriously think their PFs were on the same level as SS?

I'm so ashamed...LOL.. there was a time I actually thought this DC Diret Superman was a good 1/4 statue....the pain.. oh the pain...:( It's hard to even look at that photo......

Concerning the cape. If they will make it as it is at the art print (wavy) , i will assume its gonna be sculpted. If not i dont think it will look nice otherwise.

Andy's workshop is the sheet. How'd you like to go work there everyday and produce greatness.

Back