Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hi5: Like everybody else, I AM SUPER EXCITED for both Superman and Batman! They will be the center of my collection! A Big contrast between these two characters yet they team up incredibly well as both Superheroes and Super collectibles! Superman will be watching over my collection from his Fortress of Solitude during the day light and the Dark Knight will be the sleepless guardian during the night time! :1-1:

I am not too worried about Batman and the end result. I am however praying the the paint application on Superman is with the status quo. The sculpt is amazing so that's not a concern.

Personally I'd rather have a fabric cape that is wired than a sculpted cape. A sculpted cape flapping the the wind will take up a lot of shelf space behind the piece...that's the kind of space I don't have a lot of.

lol gross.

Yeah I think it could work - obviously it would have to be superior to the DCD abomination :rotfl even Emil Blonsky resents being associated with that well I suppose it's a "statue" :rotfl

The reason why this is a boring pose is that it's what all Superman statues are. I admit, Jim Lee's is the best, but the one leg up pose while staring straight is a bit tired.

You just gotta love that when sideshow announced the DC license everyone was ranting that the Superman PF needed to have an "Iconic look and pose".

Now that we see that it is quite an Iconic look and pose the "nay-sayers" get to come out and call it boring.

You just gotta love that when sideshow announced the DC license everyone was ranting that the Superman PF needed to have an "Iconic look and pose".

Now that we see that it is quite an Iconic look and pose the "nay-sayers" get to come out and call it boring.

I don't even know where they are coming from. There is only one Superman statue comes with this Jim Lee pose from DC Direct and it was sculpted by the Master Tim Bruckner :hi5: The Sideshow Superman PF will be at 1:4 scale (over 20 inches) while the Bruckner's Superman is only 10 inches tall.. They will be totally different statues for all kinds of collectors.

SUPERMAN%20STATUE%20LEE.jpg

Yep.

The only other thing you'd do with a SUpes statue I imagine is having him in a sort of battle pose ready to kick ass or a flying pose which means having some part of the figure used to like hold Supes off the ground in some way which I don't like(and for some reason the bit holding supes off the ground always seems to go up his arse).

Yep.

The only other thing you'd do with a SUpes statue I imagine is having him in a sort of battle pose ready to kick ass or a flying pose which means having some part of the figure used to like hold Supes off the ground in some way which I don't like(and for some reason the bit holding supes off the ground always seems to go up his arse).

Good choice. If/when Sideshow makes a second Superman PF, I hope they will go for this classic confident Superman pose!

how-to-get-a-body-like-superman.gif

Yeah something like that would be cool. I know some don't like his art work but Jim Lee's Supes looks cool I think;
icons-1.jpg

Gary Frank's take on Supes was the bomb though and I'd ____en pounce on a PF of Clark changing to Supes;
deluxe_superman_secret_origin_promo.jpg

Gary frank's Supes is totally Chris Reeve too.

I am looking for a more museum quality pose here. It's not that I dislike comiquette style or anything. For my first Superman, I want him looking like he belongs in the Louvre. The next one made can be him dodging bullets, leaping buildings and $#!^.

I would have liked a flying pose. But that has been done so many times. I see it on so many statues. So to me this current pose that ssc is going with isn't boring. It just seems to fit Supe's personality. He's boss! Anyways, I love it and I'm excited to see it with clothing. Now, if only I could have a sexy Supergirl and sexy Batgirl to go with it.

I would have liked a flying pose. But that has been done so many times. I see it on so many statues. So to me this current pose that ssc is going with isn't boring. It just seems to fit Supe's personality. He's boss! Anyways, I love it and I'm excited to see it with clothing. Now, if only I could have a sexy Supergirl and sexy Batgirl to go with it.
:goodpost:
We all hope 4 a Supergirl :pray:....and there is Catwoman as well

Back