Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully delay means higher qc. The previous batch of Superman didn't have much complain

Yeah. Everything has been delayed since XM arrived. Hopefully sideshow is taking their QC and evaluations to the next level. :hi5:

I had no Idea that the EX Superman's were still not all shipped... Weird.... Regs are shipping while people still have not received their EX?... Has this ever happened before?

I had no Idea that the EX Superman's were still not all shipped... Weird.... Regs are shipping while people still have not received their EX?... Has this ever happened before?

This is the biggest shipping gong show I have ever witnessed...Sideshow has royally screwed this up, and by keeping collectors in the dark with the reasoning, it just makes them look worse.

I think this is just further proof that SS isn't ready to manage these monstrous ES they are announcing. Not only from a production standpoint but from a logistical one as well.

I think this is just further proof that SS isn't ready to manage these monstrous ES they are announcing. Not only from a production standpoint but from a logistical one as well.

Something had to have gone terribly wrong. The Bats PF had 2000 more overall units made and the EX shipped out with far fewer problems that Supes. I know Supes has a higher EX ES, but only by 500 pieces. This just isn't adding up and the lack of communication by SSC isn't helping matters. Peeps waiting for their EXs are still in the dark. I can only imagine what's going to happen when the Wonder Woman PF EXs start shipping. :slap SSC is making 3500 of those. That's 1000 more EXs than Supes and 1500 more than Bats. WW's shipments should be interesting to say the least. :lol

Something had to have gone terribly wrong. The Bats PF had 2000 more overall units made and the EX shipped out with far fewer problems that Supes. I know Supes has a higher EX ES, but only by 500 pieces. This just isn't adding up and the lack of communication by SSC isn't helping matters. Peeps waiting for their EXs are still in the dark. I can only imagine what's going to happen when the Wonder Woman PF EXs start shipping. :slap SSC is making 3500 of those. That's 1000 more EXs than Supes and 1500 more than Bats. WW's shipments should be interesting to say the least. :lol

You're absolutely right filip. This is madness.

I'm going to agree and say it isn't the ES, they've shipped 1500 life size busts, 2000 Batman PF EX's, all the Jokers, all the Ivy's, All the Harley's and there was barely a blip in shipping. All of a sudden Superman has an issue and its the ES? I call BS, something else has to be going on.

I'll get my reg Batman 2015, Superman 2016. That seems about right

Yep... You gotta figure something went horribly wrong either in the factory or during shipping. I wonder if they had the same trouble with Superman as they did with Apocalypse with water getting in somehow. With Apocalypse a little paper towel and you are all good, but I could see the cloth on Superman molding. Now why they wouldn't come out and say that they got a crappy batch, and we're junking it to ensure proper QC I do not know.

Yep... You gotta figure something went horribly wrong either in the factory or during shipping. I wonder if they had the same trouble with Superman as they did with Apocalypse with water getting in somehow. With Apocalypse a little paper towel and you are all good, but I could see the cloth on Superman molding. Now why they wouldn't come out and say that they got a crappy batch, and we're junking it to ensure proper QC I do not know.

Exactly. Hell, if it is a QC issue and SSC is going to great lengths to fix it, they should tell everyone. I can't see any scenario where their customers won't be understanding if there are major QC issues with the batch. If anything, I would personally be thankful (if I was waiting on the EX) that SSC is rectifying the situation and not trying to pawn a bad batch off on its customers. At this point, any communication with their customers would be a good thing and I think they would appreciate it.

I'll get my reg Batman 2015, Superman 2016. That seems about right

No one who's waiting on a REG is complaining. It was a given that we'd see those released in batches over an extended period of time. 7000 REGs for Bats and 5000 for Supes is A LOT of pieces. I'd like to think most of us are smart enough to know that we'd be seeing the REGs in batches over time. The EXs are another story. SSC has been pretty good about shipping out their EXs in a fairly small window of time. If there was a dely, it's usually about a month or so. What's happening with the EX Supes is something I have never really seen before. I mean, I received my EX in April with the 1st batch. That's over 4 months ago. The peeps that are still waiting really have no idea why or how much longer it will be before they receive them. I think SSC could alleviate a lot of tension and receive a lot less phone calls regarding shipping questions about 'where's my EX Supes PF' if they'd just let their customers know what's really going on. Alex could just post the issue here or they could just send out an email and I think the problem would then be addressed to everyone's satisfaction. It sucks to wait, but at least knowing why should make it a bit easier for most peeps.

Still waiting on my EX. Back to marvel over Gladiator Hulk!

They don't give you any info at all. These things aren't cheap. It would be nice to have an idea when your gonna get charged $400 plus. Especially when you have other items coming soon. I can see it shipping right when something else I have on order does.

I wonder if they knew about problem a long time ago which is why the flex payers got them first. I would be even more unhappy if I already paid most of the statue off and they pulled this.

Saying nothing is not the way to go. At least care enough to take the time and make up a story if you don't want to say what actually happened.

After waiting over a year for this piece I was getting anxious to open him up. I got number #2244/2500 of the Exclusive. Guess what guys the wait was worth it. When Sideshow does something right they really nail it and this statue lives up to expectations. It for me, beats the Batman PF and is the best in the DC line so far. By the way, did anyone who received theirs open it up and not have a plastic bag around the coloured box? A bag would have been nice if by chance the shipper got wet it would protect the coloured box. Just curious to know.
I haven't got a space for him right now so I took quick pics to check the QC but left the cape off. Sorry for flash pictures, the room has bad lighting and its night time here. Had to unpack set up take pics before the missus arrives. Pics to come.
For those still waiting, I know its hard but hopefully your one will turn out like mine. After having a few misses with SS lately with my broken Red Skull and bad JSC Spidey. This was a welcomed change and I got this piece free on points so I'm doubly happy that I didn't waste my points on a bad product.
Ok here are the pics. Again sorry about the flash pics.

Thanks for looking guys.

Last edited:
They don't give you any info at all. These things aren't cheap. It would be nice to have an idea when your gonna get charged $400 plus. Especially when you have other items coming soon. I can see it shipping right when something else I have on order does.

Not sure why that has any bearing on paying for Superman. Since he started shipping three/four months ago, you should have had the money saved and set aside for it then right? Upcoming PFs won't change that :dunno

Not sure why that has any bearing on paying for Superman. Since he started shipping three/four months ago, you should have had the money saved and set aside for it then right? Upcoming PFs won't change that :dunno

Sounds like you're more disciplined than the rest of us. I know that money burns a hole in my pocket and if it's there I spend it.
Flex pay really is a great option for me, but the "single payment" option sucker punches me everytime.

I'm like "Yeah, 8 months to save up. No problem".
And at first its like 8 months later and "Damn! Shouldn't have bought that [insert expensive item here]".
But then it's "Yay! Delayed. Another 2 months to save"

repeat X infinitity

Back