Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it I broke the peg on the cape and scuffed the crap out of the ex head and I still can't get the f..... Cape on. Putting it on is a nightmare!!

Its kinda like playing horseshoes. Just stand at the other side of the room and throw it.:lol

Damn it I broke the peg on the cape and scuffed the crap out of the ex head and I still can't get the f..... Cape on. Putting it on is a nightmare!!

Didn't someone post a video on how to do it? It's not all that hard once you know what your doing? I started off trying to put the peg in first and rotating and later figured out you rotate first and the peg goes in last. Lucky for me I had the whole thing covered in wrap to protect it from scratches.

Didn't someone post a video on how to do it? It's not all that hard once you know what your doing? I started off trying to put the peg in first and rotating and later figured out you rotate first and the peg goes in last. Lucky for me I had the whole thing covered in wrap to protect it from scratches.

I'm still trying...SS is gonna send me replacements so I'm gonna keep trying so I don't f.... Up the replacement parts. I'll check you tube for the vid...it came in perfect shape and I did some very bad things to it :(

IMG_0185.JPGwhy wont it go in!!!!! the peg is crooked or something, i feel like smashing the whole thing with a hammer...

Screw it, when I get my replacements I'm gonna display superman without his cape! Btw, some ex buyer owes me a debt of gratitude because sideshow wasn't aware that they already sent me an ex and were planning on shipping me out another one later this week! I could of had 2 ex! And just display the one I messed up and still have a back up in the box! But that would mean they would be short one ex for whoever bought it...honesty stinks sometimes lol

View attachment 115211why wont it go in!!!!! the peg is crooked or something, i feel like smashing the whole thing with a hammer...

I am having the same problem as you.
I have tried trimming the fabric around the opening and even tried scraping the inside hole with a scalpel but sadly it barely made a difference.
Honestly depending on the angle you display him its barely noticeable unless you have him up high.

Also for those that managed to get some red scrape marks on the necks just use a clean soft eraser and gently rub the marks away.

I am having the same problem as you.
I have tried trimming the fabric around the opening and even tried scraping the inside hole with a scalpel but sadly it barely made a difference.
Honestly depending on the angle you display him its barely noticeable unless you have him up high.

Also for those that managed to get some red scrape marks on the necks just use a clean soft eraser and gently rub the marks away.

I gave up bro! You are right about the eraser, but I tried putting on the cape so many times I left scuffs and grooves trails! lol SS is extremely understanding about the difficulty of putting on the cape and they are very appreciative about my honesty so I'll get some replacements soon. The cape is like friggin kryptonite! Superman's body is rejecting it. I might try it again but I think I'm gonna just display him sans cape lol

Two quick ones with better to follow with better light tomorrow. Everything looked great except the classic portrait. In the corner of his right eye it appears there is a chip out of the white area then painted over. Prob go the replacement route. Just need to take a quality photo as it tough to pick up on an image.

0D9B5DE6-9860-40B0-8DDF-3B4D83F268CB_zpszvwrftz2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

78DCC973-0085-4BE6-95B9-EB21F128C508_zps2spqpikc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Two quick ones with better to follow with better light tomorrow. Everything looked great except the classic portrait. In the corner of his right eye it appears there is a chip out of the white area then painted over. Prob go the replacement route. Just need to take a quality photo as it tough to pick up on an image.

0D9B5DE6-9860-40B0-8DDF-3B4D83F268CB_zpszvwrftz2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great! Tablecloth

I thought everyone's cape sits up in that side a little bit it's not a prob.

Agreed mine sits like that. I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be

Do you guys means only the metal peg is supposed to go in the hole and not the whole square piece with the peg ??

I was honestly going to sell my EX for a profit because I have no other DC that I want except for Darksed and therefore was the odd man out of my collection, but I think it will take a long time before darkseid is made. Then I opened the box to inspect him and put him together. After admiring how awesome this statue is I decided to keep it. I don't really need the money anyway!! Will sell some marvel suff instead! This statue is truely special in its awesomeness. Has real presence. Feels totally like superman. Majestic. Brilliant. Will just wait for darkseid then!!

Who knew my tablecloth would be so popular! You just never can tell. :lol
Thanks guys, my wife will appreciate it.

I was honestly going to sell my EX for a profit because I have no other DC that I want except for Darksed and therefore was the odd man out of my collection, but I think it will take a long time before darkseid is made. Then I opened the box to inspect him and put him together. After admiring how awesome this statue is I decided to keep it. I don't really need the money anyway!! Will sell some marvel suff instead! This statue is truely special in its awesomeness. Has real presence. Feels totally like superman. Majestic. Brilliant. Will just wait for darkseid then!!

I felt the same way. Thought it would be cool but not my Batman PF cool but this PF truly embodies all that is Super. This is a keeper. Love it!

Never understood the hate for the heat trails - I'm loving it:
View attachment 114917

As one of the most vocal haters of the heat vision, I have admitted that it looks much better in person. But I still wish it was just a regular portrait without the heat effects. I think the sculpt is simply amazing and it looks so good when displayed above eye level. Superman looking down with power and a bit of anger. While the heat vision does not "break" the sculpt like I originally feared, it still takes a bit away from it. I find that I don't admire the face sculpt like I do other pieces I own. In fact I kind of just glance at it. Part of that has to do with the fact that the outfit is so darn perfect. But the eyes still bug me enough that I don't enjoy the piece as much as I could.

Regular Head sculpt is great but harder to appreciate where I have him displayed.

I also have yet to have one person come into my room and like the heat vision. I have had about 5 people I have shown it too (one was a very big Superman Comic fan) and all of them have said.... "Nice statue... I don't know about the eyes" or something to that effect. My mom had no idea what was going on when she saw it LOL!!! And she really appreciates all the SSC pieces I have received. I think they are just a bit off putting and a little too out there.

I am not saying anyone is wrong for loving them. I myself like them much more then I thought I would. Granted I was expecting the worst. I think much of my willingness to display them has to go to the fact that the head sculpt is flawless. But for me personally I still wish it had regular eyes.

I am sorry to all of those who have had trouble with the cape. I myself have no issues and have changed the portraits several times for pictures and to show other people how it looks.

Jaws, you don't like the Ex sculpt with just the red eyes and no heat trails? I haven't received mine yet, but isn't that an option for display?

Back