Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update man..I'm one of the EX full payers that still hasn't received any notice from them..So hopefully next week I finally get one..

No worries bro. I'm not quite as eager as you I'm sure but damn do I want this fig badly! Supes is my favorite DC hero. I with you in hoping SS figures it out sooner then later

Everyone else waiting on this piece I got another response from William yesterday explaining that several more hundred orders were shipping out next week. He assured me they were getting these shipped out as fast as they could. There is hope for those that haven't gotten a shipping notice yet so hold tight. Next week should be the week

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that. Hoping I'm in that batch:pray:

Never understood the hate for the heat trails - I'm loving it:
DSC_0026.jpg

How is the weight distribution on this statue? I take it the base has a bit of weight to offset the cape? Or is it over all just well balanced?

This is a very well balanced piece. No tipping issues whatsoever. He stays in place very well. Nothing like the Bats PF.

It does look great. I just wish the portraits were easier to change up. That's really the only knock I have with the piece. We have 2 great portraits and it's a total pain in the ass to have to remove the cape every time we want to switch them up.

Yes...it is a complete pain in the butt with having to remove that cape each time!

Putting the cape on is so effin stressful...i hate doing it. sooo the regular head is staying on there for the foreseeable future:lol good thing the regular head is just EPIC!!!

Got this on Thursday, I didn't have a chance to take pics until now. The noodles eyes look better in person. The cape is scary to put on, overall I like this better than Batman PF.

2mcbo68.jpg

2gtunnd.jpg

For those about to receive this, here are my suggestions for cape and slight peg issue. It's stressful...hopefully I can help you keep your piece in prestine condition!

As noted above, I had a few setup issues with Superman. Here they are and how I was able to work around them (you'd be wise to have someone assist you and hold the base/body as you try to move other parts):

1. Insertion into base: The feet were initially levitating above the ground so I SLOWLY and diligently removed him. The peg in the lower foot is large and simply rubbed it with a rubbing alcohol swab/pad...this made things significantly better.

2. Installing the cape: Oh Lord...scary stuff for me. I felt like I was playing a game of "Operation" with this and very concerned about the red cape paint rubbing onto the flesh of the portrait head. Assuming I'll display the regular portrait the majority of the time, I practiced with the EX head, but covered it with a handkerchief. Then I bumped the uncovered hand...left a red mark. After testing on the bottom of the EX head, the same rubbing alcohol swab/pad removed the red from the hand (I'd use very sparingly)...so I then covered Supes with another handkerchief. Here are pics...I simply "tied" him with taping the edges together...nothing attached to the PF itself.

I installed and removed the cape three times so I felt pretty comfortable maneuvering with the regular portrait. Once the cape was on top of the handkerchief, with the help of additional hands, we slowly removed the handkerchief.

He looks great but I'm honestly very leery of ever taking the cape on and off again. Plan ahead and be very judicious.

3. The shoulder hole for the cape peg doesn't seem to be deep enough. At first, I thought I'd drill/shave a bit to correct it with a dremel tool, but after the stress of putting the cape on without scratching paint, I think I'll call it good enough.

Thanks bdogg for the time you took to take those detailed pics and the advice. Hopefully I should be receiving mine sometime this week so your post is very much appreciated. I prefer your instructions but whatever...

I didn't have any problems with the cape. I understand why you'd be nervous changing heads though. Personally I'd rather have the difficulty and have it look right than have it easy and there be a seam or something unsightly when displayed.

Back