Action Figure DC Collectibles - DC Comics Icons 6 inch Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all the classic costumes,but I gave up on this line because of Superman.

If they release an improved classic Sups, then I'll get some characters in their classic costumes. Can't have a JL without Sups.

If they release an improved classic Sups, then I'll get some characters in their classic costumes. Can't have a JL without Sups.

yeah supes was a disappointment head wise for me ,so i used the spare aquaman head and transplanted the curl ,need to properly paint the hair and eyebrows ,but it works for me ,and is a better scale for the body size for my purpose
28402882736_c5d0aab565_z.jpg

Same, what a disaster. And they're releasing 2 more Supes with that ****** mold.

Just wait for Mezco's TDKR Supes, it will be the most perfect Supes ever. I hope.

I think the Joker from DCC's Son of Batman line may have come with a crowbar, but I lost it. :lol

I think the Joker from DCC's Son of Batman line may have come with a crowbar, but I lost it. :lol

The Son of Batman line didn't have a Joker, iirc. The only Joker I can think of that came with one is the SH Figuarts Joker from a fighting video game. Other than that one, I haven't seen any Kener, Toy Biz, Mattel or DCC figures come with a crowbar :)

edit

You meant Batman and Son....and yeah, that Joker had a crowbar iirc.

Finally received my preorder for Aquaman and Joker.

I REALLY want to love this line. I love the proportions (ie they look more human and less "over the top") but there are a few, but significant issues, from stopping me from being "all in."

The lack of a thigh joint and any kind of torso/chest articulation seems like a no brainer to me, but for some reason, they decided against it?

However, the biggest issue for me is still the size. yes, I know its 1:12 but c'mon, they are still extremely short. Unless I want to display them by themselves or with my three Figma Avengers, they really stick out.

To look at, they are beautiful. I love the accessories and I like that they are release dedicated "accessory packs" even more, but man, the size thing REALLY bothers me. Heck, the fact that Lex Luthor is taller than Batman, in the same line, beguiles me. I'm not from the school of thought that EVERY A-lister has to be 6'3-6'5. I have no issue with Barry being shorter than Bruce. I always feel like Bruce and Kal should be the epitome of "perfection" as far as physical attributes. Batman trained himself to be the best HUMAN he can be. Kal is an alien from another planet. But Barry was a comic book reading science nerd who no doubt (based on my own experience) got bullied. It makes sense that he would be smaller. Same with Oliver Queen. A spolied rich kid doesn't need to be, nor should he be, the same height or TALLER than Bruce.

I could go on and on, and it makes it seem like I don't like the line, when the opposite is true. I actually get excited seeing the pics of the figures, something I almost never do for any other line than Figuarts/Mafex/imports.

On an unrelated note, I would love to have an entire Icon Satellite era league and a Morrison league.

Am I alone in these thoughts? What do you guys think?

Finally received my preorder for Aquaman and Joker.

I REALLY want to love this line. I love the proportions (ie they look more human and less "over the top") but there are a few, but significant issues, from stopping me from being "all in."

The lack of a thigh joint and any kind of torso/chest articulation seems like a no brainer to me, but for some reason, they decided against it?

However, the biggest issue for me is still the size. yes, I know its 1:12 but c'mon, they are still extremely short. Unless I want to display them by themselves or with my three Figma Avengers, they really stick out.

To look at, they are beautiful. I love the accessories and I like that they are release dedicated "accessory packs" even more, but man, the size thing REALLY bothers me. Heck, the fact that Lex Luthor is taller than Batman, in the same line, beguiles me. I'm not from the school of thought that EVERY A-lister has to be 6'3-6'5. I have no issue with Barry being shorter than Bruce. I always feel like Bruce and Kal should be the epitome of "perfection" as far as physical attributes. Batman trained himself to be the best HUMAN he can be. Kal is an alien from another planet. But Barry was a comic book reading science nerd who no doubt (based on my own experience) got bullied. It makes sense that he would be smaller. Same with Oliver Queen. A spolied rich kid doesn't need to be, nor should he be, the same height or TALLER than Bruce.

I could go on and on, and it makes it seem like I don't like the line, when the opposite is true. I actually get excited seeing the pics of the figures, something I almost never do for any other line than Figuarts/Mafex/imports.

On an unrelated note, I would love to have an entire Icon Satellite era league and a Morrison league.

Am I alone in these thoughts? What do you guys think?

I really couldn't have said it better myself. For these reasons I have only decided to get characters who are directly related to Batman, so I only have Bats and Harley and I plan on getting Joker.

They look fantastic and they have some great accessories, but there is definitely room for improvement to make a more well rounded action figure. I am still baffled as to why they didn't make these figures in 6.75".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really couldn't have said it better myself. For these reasons I have only decided to get characters who are directly related to Batman, so I only have Bats and Harley and I plan on getting Joker.

I had the same plan. Didn't order Harley yet though, and had a Joker on pre-order. I got Green Arrow this past Christmas, rationalizing that he could kinda fit in with Batman cause of old team ups they had. While I was satisfied for the most part with Batman, GA was really disappointing. I'll probably just sell those off as they didnt grab me enough to continue. I'd have needed to see they were coming out with a Drake Robin and Graham Nolan style Bane to keep me hooked.

I have Joker. He's easily my favorite of the line, but like you guys, I only am buying the bat-characters.

I'll pick up that great Batgirl set, and probably Deathstroke. I'm thinking about getting the Rebirth set and selling the other figures aside from Batman, too.

I want to focus on the Batman characters too, but I just don't like how Batman himself looks in this line; which is a shame since the Harley and Joker figures look gorgeous.

I want to focus on the Batman characters too, but I just don't like how Batman himself looks in this line; which is a shame since the Harley and Joker figures look gorgeous.

I like the new Rebirth batman I saw solicits for earlier, around SDCC.

I currently have:

Batman (waaaay too short but looks good. Which is a confusing statement)
Green Arrow (The long bow hunter storyline was such a niche that I am confused why they didn't go more with Satellite era anyway, was in circulation FAR longer)
Green lantern (GREAT figure, but again, size and articulation issues)
Flash (my favorite hero, great accessory with the treadmill plus the upcoming "Flash hands" and jay's helmet)
Black Adam
Lex Luthor
Mr. Miracle (wasn't going to get him, but I saw him in my LCS and his colors just.... pop)
Aquaman
Joker

And I have Superman, Harley, Firestorm and John Stewart circling the airport. The guy I pre-ordered them from on Amazon, unbeknownst to me, won't send out the two that are released (Supes and Harley) until the other two are ready to ship. Had he stated that somewhere, I would have just made two orders, but whatevs.

Again, they all LOOK great but damn if they didn't miss some REALLY low hanging fruit.

They look fantastic and they have some great accessories, but there is definitely room for improvement to make a more well rounded action figure. I am still baffled as to why they didn't make these figures in 6.75".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a random thought/question: has any company in the past shifted their scale with new releases. In other words, could they release a Batman (different costume if need be) that is more 6.75 but still be an "Icon?" If they would do that, I'd be ok with mentally telling myself that the Batman I currently have is **** Grayson (ie smaller in stature than Bruce).

Here's a random thought/question: has any company in the past shifted their scale with new releases. In other words, could they release a Batman (different costume if need be) that is more 6.75 but still be an "Icon?" If they would do that, I'd be ok with mentally telling myself that the Batman I currently have is **** Grayson (ie smaller in stature than Bruce).

Lol, RICHARD Grayson. Sorry, robot naughty word editor. :p

Back