Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Katana will be one I'll order for sure!

I'm not opposed to male Bombshells either.

They did a Bombshell variant month a while back. Bombshell Sinestro & Batman looked awesome!

I like both duo's they've done so far (Harley Joker, Powergirl Supes). I'd love to see them do the shirtless Aquaman, as a LE (<5200) and see what happens. I'd buy him.

Nice! Katana will be one I'll order for sure!

I'm not opposed to male Bombshells either.

They did a Bombshell variant month a while back. Bombshell Sinestro & Batman looked awesome!

For the love of God, please stop with the male Bombshell silliness!
Bombshell is a term from the 40's/50's describing a very sexy women. (Marilyn Monroe , Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot were all considered Bombshells in their day.)

The terms for men are: Beefcake, Hunk, Adonis.
So please, can us guys have this one thing!

Ms. Loren = BOMBSHELL!
sophia-loren.jpg

Mr. Newman = HUNK!
paul_newman`.jpg

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bombshell

Bombshell is a term from the 40's/50's describing a very sexy women. (Marilyn Monroe , Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot were all considered Bombshells in their day.)

Ms. Loren = BOMBSHELL

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bombshell

Um...if you have a problem take it up with DC. They refer to all characters in that style under the umbrella term 'Bombshell'. They're basically using it as a moniker/title for all these characters.

Also...does it really matter? Lol.
Answer. Not even in the slightest.

That Katana is a beautiful design. No real connection with the character, but I think that statue fits the line perfectly.

Totally fits the line! I'm quite impressed by the design!

Wonder when the PO will be?

Um...if you have a problem take it up with DC. They refer to all characters in that style under the umbrella term 'Bombshell'. They're basically using it as a moniker/title for all these characters.

Also...does it really matter? Lol.
Answer. Not even in the slightest.

Just being a little tongue in cheek with the issue thats all. :wink1:

That part made me LOL, since so many of these statues aren't geared towards guys ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing Katana at SDCC. Hopefully there will be another one or two new ones as well. I'd love to see this line continue with 3-4 a year. There are still so many characters they haven't done yet.

Bit random but are there any characters you would specifically like to see as an Ant Lucia bombshell/statue? I've been reading about Madame Xanadu and Enchantress and think they'd look great as retro ladies.

Very excited for Katana in this line. I've been hoping they'd make her since I first saw her design, and this statue is even better than the illustration (which I already have on a wallet, magnet, decal set, pin, playing card, and mug).

I'm a huge Batman and the Outsiders fan, so it's beyond awesome that this will be the character's third statue from DCC. All in all, I'm going to have a great Katana display on my detolf shelf when all is said and done...

I'd love to see Huntress & Star Sapphire but more than any other I really, really want a single Power Girl statue

The one with Supes is passable but I want her on her own really

Neil

Rex Mason- I agree, I actually prefer the black dress (with the torn detail) than the red original.

I wonder how DC Direct decide which illustrations will become statues and when, do you think it's random?

Is there any way to contact DC Comics. I show all my bombhsells statues with their comic behind them. Katana doesn't have a comic issue, and bumblebee doesn't even have a Bombshells drawing. I really want some comic size covers to put behind them!!

Is there any way to contact DC Comics. I show all my bombhsells statues with their comic behind them. Katana doesn't have a comic issue, and bumblebee doesn't even have a Bombshells drawing. I really want some comic size covers to put behind them!!

DC Collectibles on Facebook is a good place to start. They're good at answering questions, so you could send them a private message, but they don't have any control over the comic side of things.

It is odd that Katana has had so much merchandise from her Bombshell pin-up, but didn't make it into a comic. Too bad she wasn't really starring in a title when they did the Bombshell variant month. Maybe they'll do another Bombshell variant month this year and give her the variant to Suicide Squad.

Back