Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Cheetah has been delayed a little (late May) and Killer Frost is now also delayed. Damn, really inpatient waiting for KF.

I thought Killer Frost was always slated for a July release?
Has she slipped back then?

Excited for her as she'll by first new for a while (skipped the last few)

Anyone picking up the Raven or Halloween Batgirl bombshells?

Raven's doesn't really fit the genre as much as some of the others, and I think Halloween Batgirl is MUCH better than her original Bombshell.

Yeah I'm down for the pair
Think Raven looks great but Holiday Batgirl is my most anticipated release of the entire line...she looks amazing
Just hope the QC improves as we don't need her turning out like Batwoman & plagued with poor paint apps

Neil

I thought Killer Frost was always slated for a July release?
Has she slipped back then?

Excited for her as she'll by first new for a while (skipped the last few)

Yeah I'm down for the pair
Think Raven looks great but Holiday Batgirl is my most anticipated release of the entire line...she looks amazing
Just hope the QC improves as we don't need her turning out like Batwoman & plagued with poor paint apps

Neil

I didn't like the design/colors for the 1st Batgirl Bombshell. But oddly enough I really enjoy this Halloween variant.

I'm not too worried about paint apps on these. They're cheap statues, so I lower my expectations quite a bit. Though that doesn't mean they should be terrible either. I've had to return DC's Constantine statue TWICE because they messed the peg holes up so bad.

I didn't like the design/colors for the 1st Batgirl Bombshell. But oddly enough I really enjoy this Halloween variant.

I'm not too worried about paint apps on these. They're cheap statues, so I lower my expectations quite a bit. Though that doesn't mean they should be terrible either. I've had to return DC's Constantine statue TWICE because they messed the peg holes up so bad.

There's acceptable at this scale and price, and then there's Batwoman :)

There's acceptable at this scale and price, and then there's Batwoman :)

I didn't have any problems with my Batwoman, what happened?

All my Bombshells are only like $85 though. Unless they're broken or something is super obviously wrong with them, I don't give them a super in depth look over like I do my PF's from Sideshow.

I didn't have any problems with my Batwoman, what happened?

Here's what I posted earlier in the thread about this.

I know it's old news at this point, but I just got my replacement Batwoman from BBTS. I knew there was no guarantee that it would be any better, but decided to roll the dice. This one is better in some spots and worse in others. It has paint chips, sloppy paint and weird spots all over the place. Not willing to go through the whole return process again since this was a gift, it was kind of a pain, so I will be keeping it. It is very disappointing, though that DC feels this level of QC is acceptable.

View attachment 238899
View attachment 238901
View attachment 238902
View attachment 238903
View attachment 238904
View attachment 238905
View attachment 238906
View attachment 238907
View attachment 238908
View attachment 238909
View attachment 238910

Ah, I was expecting KF to release late May or June, but yes, she's scheduled for a late July release.

Have you guys read the Bombshells comic? I've just binge read them. Now, more than ever, hoping for a jokers daughter or maybe a big barda statue.

Have you guys read the Bombshells comic? I've just binge read them. Now, more than ever, hoping for a jokers daughter or maybe a big barda statue.

Barda is long overdue. I really love the Kirby-inspired figure DC Direct did for their Fourth World series, but I'd love a couples style statue with Mister Miracle like the Power Girl/Superman Bombshell or the recently released Cliff Chiang Black Canary/Green Arrow piece.

Barda is long overdue. I really love the Kirby-inspired figure DC Direct did for their Fourth World series, but I'd love a couples style statue with Mister Miracle like the Power Girl/Superman Bombshell or the recently released Cliff Chiang Black Canary/Green Arrow piece.

Seriously!

I would actually love her as 1:4 scale with my SS WW, since I'm not doing any of the other GL characters.

Here's what I posted earlier in the thread about this.

Oh wow, yeah mine wasn't like that at all. It had some minor stuff, which I expected at the low price point, but nothing as bad as in those pics.

DC's own produced statues are pretty hit and miss. Had to go through 3 Constantine's before I eventually just settled with what they sent me. I try to avoid their statues now, other than a Bombshell every now a then or if they do a character that doesn't normally get statues (Constantine). Luckily they are running out of female characters I really like. I have Batwoman, Supergirl, Black Canary, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Hawkgirl bombshells. So far they haven't shown off any others that I'm just super pumped about. I still think the Hawkgirl one is the best designed. Her whole look fits the motif they're going for perfectly.

KATANA
13179469_10154309212504258_8008276387464650232_n.jpg

Don't know much about her but lovin' this statue

It's a killer sculpt, but I don't think the actual product will look anything like that.

I'm still wary after the whole Batwoman fiasco.

It's a killer sculpt, but I don't think the actual product will look anything like that.

I'm still wary after the whole Batwoman fiasco.

Same here. I wait to order until I see the in-hand pics now. Even then I still try to find one where I can see it before I buy it.

Nice! Katana will be one I'll order for sure!

I'm not opposed to male Bombshells either.

They did a Bombshell variant month a while back. Bombshell Sinestro & Batman looked awesome!

Oh wow, Katana looks amazing!! While I agree Batwoman was a mess, every Bombshells piece I've received has been very nicely done/painted, so I am optimistic.

Quite honestly, after Killer Frost skiing and Cheetah animal watching on safari, I thought this line was done for me. Happy to see something so nice be previewed!

Back