Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else torn between two ladies atm?

I don't think that the eyes are going to be an issue. Granted, except for Batgirl, all my buys have been in hand, I haven't had any issues with QC, I think DC really stepped up a bit {well the name plate debacle but still}. There were several areas on Holiday Harley where there was handling and smudge marks, I little pass with my finger removed part of it, so I was pretty sure that they would come of with warm water and they did.
I've found the QC in this line to be pretty great.

All that said, if you don't have completion OCD, get the one you like the most.
I do think the sailor hat Mera worked better than the sun hat but that will be on a second edition if the first sells out.
Batwoman is ultra fun. If I had to only get one {:lol Yeah Right :lol} I'd get Batwoman.

Short story long, no I have no doubts nor am I torn.

Edit:
Harley's Curl isn't a QC issue to me, rather a design flaw.

Last edited:
Just ordered Hawkgirl through my local shop, wasn't able to order Batwoman yet, probably have to wait till next month.

Anyone know when Mera's release date is? I thought it was May, but have seen on one site that it states June, just thought I'd let you guys know incase you're counting down the months (like me!).

Anyone know when Mera's release date is? I thought it was May, but have seen on one site that it states June, just thought I'd let you guys know incase you're counting down the months (like me!).

Gaw3y5P.png

Best. Line. Ever.

Edit
The Runner-up in the Mera Voting will be released if the 1st edition sells out.
Date Unknown.
DC-Bombshells-Mera-Option-C-Runner-Up-Design.jpg

Last edited:
I voted twice, but I really love the one they are releasing for the 1st edition. I feel the sailor hat was too forceful. I get how it fits in, but the releasing one just is very well fitting. I can't wait to get em all. :thud:

jetpacksam- Thanks for the info! Wish the releases would hurry up and get here already, desperate for some in-hand photos :)

So, I'm no closer to deciding between Mera or Batwoman. I love Mera, but the more I look at her, the more her eye make up kinda bugs me. I wish it were more on the subtle side (looks almost cartoony). I like the green eyeshadow, but personally think it looks better on the eyelids only.

I've mocked up a quick pic on paint with a slightly more subtle eye.

meramakeup.jpg

:lol

I love how you said, you're a little bit more poor. :lol

She is lovely, Neil! :rock

My HH comes in on Wednesday. I also managed to work a few jobs and get a bit more money. I"ll probably hit up for a Zatanna when I can. I'll be up to date. I'm hoping Hawkgirl will be out more in March. :thud:

Thanks man been away from the thread for a bit for some reason lol.

Yeah a little bit...I got away quite lucky here...my LCS has started selling them to me at cost so I got her for £88 instead of his usual £110...although I'd never paid that much before anyway & had got them for £100 each time :)

I do have a slight issue in that her eyes are a little off & the more I look the more I notice it :(
Think I might have to see if I can find someone local to do a repaint on them in the future

Nice pick up, I love her. I still can't pick a favorite.
If Holiday Harley is reasonably good in hand, i don;t know that I'd wait. An acceptable in hand is much better than a risky mail order.
After closer inspection on mine, the only wonky part is the curl and that is bugging me less and less.
I also get the feeling she's selling well, seeing as she's outsold Zatanna, of course my OCD dictated purchase, but still....

Thanks man.
I'm actually in no rush for HH my LCS still has 2, 1 was allocated for me & the other is his display piece so I do still have the option later down the line.
He has 3 definite orders with the BS statues (Myself & 2 others) & the 2 others picked up their HH's so the remaining 2 are likely to be around for a bit so I have a little while yet :)

Ooh that would be cute.

I really liked Neil's Zatanna Halloween one :lol

Lol still think this or the Stargirl Witch should happen :)

Ant if you're reading this DO IT PLEASE!!!!! ;) :pray:

Congrats on Zatanna Neil, she looks great!

Has anyone pre-ordered Batwoman yet? I have a feeling she's going to be another Harley and sell out fairly quickly, I'm pretty tempted to order now, but not sure whether I should wait for more companies to offer a pre-order and possibly a lower price. So far (in the UK) I've found one pre-order for £97.99 excluding delivery.

I've put my name down with my LCS so I'll have one as soon as she hits...can't wait for her if I'm honest, she's going to look great.

I've decided to put the brakes on pre-ordering for the time being (especially since she's released in the Autumn). I'm now torn between Mera or Batwoman. I can only afford one of these ladies (there are others such as Harley that I'm hoping to pick up at some point).

I'm a little nervous of Mera's eye make-up, could see that potentially being a paint app problem (atleast with Batwoman she's wearing a black eye mask, so limits paint app issues to her face). I also prefer Batwomans stance, however I prefer Mera's character and the sea theme....hmmm....

Anyone else torn between two ladies atm?

Not really torn, I'm skipping Mera she's never been important to me & the breathing space would be nice while I focus on paying up some PF's
Still need to order Batgirl & Power Girl so her & Lois are being skipped in favour of some bigger pieces.

Hawkgirl update:

:fireworks
oXhOAO8.png
:fireworks

:blissy:clap:joy:banana:rock2:yess::rock:love:blissy

Bugger!!!!

Nice as it is that she's arriving early, I was kind of hoping for one more payday between Zatanna & her lol

I think my LCS will let me hold her for a week or 2 if needs be.

Neil

Date confirmed at my on reserve LCS, 11 February 2015!
:blissyGoing Out To Pay For Her Today:blissy

EDIT:
Paid!

7 Days!!!!
:fireworks:rock:lecture:yess::blissy:clap:exactly::banana:joy:fireworks

Aaand what are the chances BBTS will actually release her on time?

Hope you get Hawkgirl today, would love to see in-hand photos!

I (after much debating) finally ordered Poison Ivy (the re-release). She should arrive around Friday this week, I can't wait :)

23 HOURS!!!!!

Was planning on having pics up sometime tomorrow afternoon.
LCS opens at 11.

Back