DC BAtman 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more pictures I see of this figure, the more I like it. I've never bought any DC Direct figures before, what kind quality can I expect? Can they be found at the usual places Sideshow figures are sold?

Anyone who stocks DC direct will carry them, which I imagine is a broader range of vendor than stocks Sideshow.

And since Brewer hinted that women could be done soon, I'd expect Diana would be the first.

If/when they offer female characters, I wonder if it will be in a wave with several releases in a row? It would make a certain amount of sense. And considering DCD's sensibilities I'd expect silver age and early modern age versions of characters like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl etc.. It's what the fans seem to buy with the most gusto.
I just want this line to be popular enough to see the the bulk of the JLA silver age to early modern age group. I doubt it will ever happen, but I'd love to see the modern era JSA come along with some of the principal villians. I'd be awfully happy to have Hourman (hopefully "Rex" and absolutely not "android" version), Star Spangled Kid, Black Canary and Doc Midnite among others.

Since these seemed fuelled by Ross's sensibilities, I'm sure we'll see traditional versions of any character they release. Or at least as they appear in Justice. And I'd think that if they spend the money tooling a female body they will want to get the mileage out of it. Although I can't see Supergirl and Powergirl using the same body, or Wonder Woman the same as Batgirl.

I agree on the body type Dave. But I don't think Green Lantern is as big a guy as Batman, let alone Superman. And I never imagined Lex Luthor quite that big and buff for sure. But the DCD figures all share the same chassis.
I think they will just use one body for females unfortunately just like they're doing for the males. Wonder Woman should be bigger than Supergirl or Batgirl, and Power Girl certainly has very character specific features innappropriate to those other characters mentioned, but I expect if they make them, they will all share the same body. Adam Hughes and all other lovers of diversity in female anatomy will no doubt be appalled. I however will likely get them all if offered.

DC Direct Batman 1/6 Figure

I can't say I am in love with this figure or the soon to be released Superman Returns 13" figure.

I wish they had gone less retro in the Batman look and more conventional.

Back