DC and Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC and Sideshow is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.
Horrible.
It stinks that they have even done the art.

Hell Yes!!!! I am one of them!!!! I wish Sideshow Collectibles could do Spawn Collectibles!!!!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I'm guessing McFarlane would rather cut his own head off than give Sideshow license to make Spawn stuff. 'Specially while McFarlane toys is still in business making marvelous looking things out of really cheap plastic.

...of course he's got a really big head, so it'd take a while.

People still like Spawn?

Fo Shizzle :D

I'm guessing McFarlane would rather cut his own head off than give Sideshow license to make Spawn stuff. 'Specially while McFarlane toys is still in business making marvelous looking things out of really cheap plastic.

...of course he's got a really big head, so it'd take a while.

they use to make good stuff, but now they are going down hill :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

To those who think SS and DC is not a good idea ... Are you kidding me?? Whether you a are a Marvel freak only, DC freak only, or a freak of both, is not the point. The point is that SS is a group, who in the last two years have been on fire because they know how to do what they do best: sculpt. They have worked hard and done an outstanding job in being creative and cutting edge. To have them not produce DC would simply be a shame.

Let's face it, chances are that they will not. But you never know, all it takes is to get some person to head DC who would have some pride in making DC look the best they possibly could. This, and to look outside their fence to see what else is out there.

That's hilarious since DCD has hired former SS sculptors. :lol

I guess Andy B. and Olaf are pretty bad sculptors then. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah DCD has hired some GREAT sculptors...but unfortunately those sculpts are lost or turn downhill when DCD has crappy paint jobs on them.

DC and Sideshow might not be a good idea CREATIVELY for both teams. DC is extremely top-heavy with stupid management who might not make ANY decisions on what kind of products they want to put out there or they might try to force Sideshow to do products for something that might just not sell well AT ALL (i.e. Halle Barry's Catwoman). Obviously this might frustrate the hell out of Sideshow.

DCDirect keeps it close and in-home and the way Time-Warner manages DC they'll just end up messing with any other company that tries to do anything with their characters.

To those who think SS and DC is not a good idea ... Are you kidding me?? Whether you a are a Marvel freak only, DC freak only, or a freak of both, is not the point. The point is that SS is a group, who in the last two years have been on fire because they know how to do what they do best: sculpt. They have worked hard and done an outstanding job in being creative and cutting edge. To have them not produce DC would simply be a shame.

Let's face it, chances are that they will not. But you never know, all it takes is to get some person to head DC who would have some pride in making DC look the best they possibly could. This, and to look outside their fence to see what else is out there.

Actually, No.
No Batman29, I am not kidding you.
One thing is for certain.
Sideshow would do awesome on those little cartoon thingies DC does over in their little land.
No, awesome would not be the correct word, but you know where I am going with it.

Here is the thing though.
Thankfully, SS has already taken on the licenses of The Lord of the Rings, Marvel, G.I. Joe, Predator, Alien, Vintage Monsters and many more. (Oops, I forgot the Galaxy Battle, no that ain't right, Star Battles, no that isn't it either, oh yeah Star Wars).
Sadly enough, Batman and Superman have been so good for DC, that it has kept the company around for a long time.
They have a pretty extended history, good or bad, to each their own.
That would lead to a lot of characters being created.

That would in turn, take away from all the other greater more spectacular licenses that SS already has.
Which would be a detriment to the company.
Not making items that which customers will buy wouold be bad for business.

Sorry BM29, but that is just my opinion.
And you know what they say about opinions, right?

I don't know about anyone else but I would really like to see a WONDER WOMAN come out of sideshow
wonderwoman003.jpg

wonderwoman002.jpg

That would be my DC pick!

I don't know about anyone else but I would really like to see a WONDER WOMAN come out of sideshow
wonderwoman002.jpg

That would be my DC pick!

Most definately :rock, I love that Tuner pic btw :angelsmil
She may be best in comiquette style, seeing as she is showing a lot of flesh and all that?:dunno.
In any format Wonder Woman would be a fantastic addition to my 'ladies' collection.
x:D

Back