DC and Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jml969

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I imagine this has been brought up in the past....but what are the chances of DC and Sideshow making a deal the way they have with Marvel? The DCDirect Batman and Superman would pale in comparison to a Sideshow Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman,etc...
Oh well I guess I can only dream...

I imagine this has been brought up in the past....but what are the chances of DC and Sideshow making a deal the way they have with Marvel? The DCDirect Batman and Superman would pale in comparison to a Sideshow Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman,etc...
Oh well I guess I can only dream...

zero.

zilch.

nada.

niente.

DCD believes they can do things themselves much better (and cheaper) than any licensor could.

Yup. This time Dave is right on the money :))) DCD believes that they can do it all and will not be outsourcing to an American company anytime soon.

I hope Sideshow never gets to produce DC items....It would take the focus off their beautiful Marvel lines.

There was a lot of talk on Jinx World and Statue Forum a little while ago that Randy may be getting a DC License in the future. Maybe DC is relaxing their position.

So what's the deal with distibuting things like the Batman and Joker Hot Toys figures? DC just now wanting anybody in the U.S. distributing figures, or is it becuase Sideshow deals with Marvel?

Good pt... why the love to Hot Toys and not SS?

DCD quality, as far as sculptures, compared to SS is pretty poor. I wonder if SS has even gone to DC and said, "this is what we can do with your characters..." and then show them some kickass prototype of Batman.

There have been exceptions - NECA did the V for Vendetta statue. I'd imagine that was due to some licensing thing in the movie contract though.

And I'm sure SSC has approached DC and Warner Bros. about it - but there's been little positive response.

Back