Day at FENWAY - Sox vs. Mariners 6-8-08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I'd share some photos with you guys besides collectibles.

Probably my absolute most favorite part of living in Massachusetts is Fenway Park, there is just an amazing feeling when you go there. I take the T in, and nothing is more exciting than when I first emerge from the train tunnel onto the Boston streets, walking down Yawkey way, the vendors, the scalpers, the crazy shouting fans, it's one of the most fun things I get to do, and nothing beats going there with people you're good friends with. If I had someone as my guest in MA and they wanted me to show them what I like most about Mass, it'd be taking them to a game, it defines Mass for me, "Boston you're my home..." as the song goes.

So with that, here are some photo highlights from the shots I took at the game. This is my 4th game from these seats and the difference in image quality from my old camer to my new one (this is my first game with it) is HUGE. If you're looking for a nice, affordable DSLR, go with the Canon Digital Rebel XTi.

Ahhh, I love seeing the 2007 banners around the stadium!

fenway1.jpg

Manny taking a rip, what a precision swing that guy can have.

manny1.jpg

manny2.jpg

manny3.jpg

J.D. Drew, still not a big fan of, hard to let go of the love for a dirt dog like Trot Nixon, but he's definitely coming around from the ugly starting year he had last year and was clutch offensively and defensively yesterday.

drew1.jpg

One of my favorite guys on the team, good ball player and great contributor on and off the field, the Captain, Jason Varitek.

varitek1.jpg

varitek2.jpg

One of the tiniest, yet most hard working guys on the team Pedroia.

pedroia1.jpg

Yoouuuuuuuuukkkkkk!

youkilis1.jpg

And I enjoyed a chance to see Ichiro live, hell of a batsmen.

ichiro1.jpg

And the pitchers.

Getting the start, Masterson.

masterson1.jpg

In relief, Hansen.

hansen1.jpg

Then Okie Dokie

ohkajima1.jpg

And to close, Jonathen "Wild Thing" Papelbon!

papelbon1.jpg

papelbon2.jpg

papelbon3.jpg

papelbon4.jpg

And celebrating another W and continued reign at 1st place :D

team1.jpg

Nice pics! Someday I want to get to Fenway. Its one of those special stadiums you gotta see. I like the Sox and cheer for them since I really hate the Yankees. Though I do like their stadium as well.

I still feel the spanking from the Sox killing my Cards. :(

fenway is an awesome experience! but don't look now, the rays are just a game back!!! they need percival back from the dl.

Great pics, Were you sitting fairly close to the action? I would so much like to see a game if I ever go over there for a holiday.``

Ya, first row of the second section off the field, straight back from the Sox on deck circle. Pricey seats, but A) it's a great view, and B) Fenway's seats were made back in the day when people were smaller and most sections aren't comfortable for a 6'4" man's legs but the spot I get seat in is perfect. Another plus is since there's a walk way right in front of the seats, you can't help but get glimpses of all the hotties walking by haha.

Thanks for sharing those MF. I've only gotten to go to Fenway once but it was something I'll never forget. Nomar(my favorite player at the time) hit the first pitch he saw into the screen (before the seats were added :D). I got teary :monkey2

Awesome pics!

I need to get down to a game. I haven't been in 4 years. It's so hard to get tickets when they go on sale.

Looking at your pics, it's amazing how many of those players came up through the Portland Sea Dogs. Pedroia, Youkillis, Masterson, Hansen, Papelbon. I need to get to a Dogs game too, I haven't been yet this year. The ballpark's like 20 minutes from me.

Nice pics Maulfan!! Fellow Sox fan myself..I live maybe an hour away from Fenway and catch at least one game per year. I do catch more games with their AAA at Pawtucket where I live nearby. Nice to see Masterson up there!! Great pics again!!

Yes great pics Sean, it looked like a very fun game :lol I thought the pictures were from some site you copied and pasted, sorry bro I forgot about your talent.

Thanks for sharing those MF. I've only gotten to go to Fenway once but it was something I'll never forget. Nomar(my favorite player at the time) hit the first pitch he saw into the screen (before the seats were added :D). I got teary :monkey2

I went to Fenway once as well and I'll never forget it either. It was Clemens' last season in Boston. He pitched 7+ innings and struck on 9. He left with a 2-1 lead which the bullpen promptly blew and they lost 3-2 in 10 innings, but it was such a great time. I loved going and seeing Fenway in person. Of course I still LOVED Clemens at the time before all this crap came out about him.

I love that pic of Papelbon with the security guard!

I was in Boston about two years ago, beautiful city and surrounding area. You can smell the history; it makes me all sentimental and stuff. The Sox were out of town when I went site-seeing so instead of touring Fenway on a non-game day, I checked out the Museum of Fin Arts.

Can't wait to head out that way again some day!

Almost forgot... screw the Sox, GO BREWERS!!!! :monkey3

It's such a great time, I've never been to another stadium so I don't know how it is elsewhere, but the atmosphere is just fantastic, thousands of people all there with a common love for the team, the game and the park. If only it were cheaper and I lived closer, I'd go more often.

Yes great pics Sean, it looked like a very fun game :lol I thought the pictures were from some site you copied and pasted, sorry bro I forgot about your talent.

Thanks dude. Some of it IS the camera though, I've been getting these seats for a few years now through a guy I know, and the camera makes a huge difference, I can crop and blow up shots from this past weekend and have them sharper than images on my last camera where the lens zoomed in that tight. An example, I'll post the full shot later, this image of Papelbon is actually a cropping of the full image and about 10% of the whole image, and it's still sharp and clear, I love my camera.

papelbon1.jpg

Those are great shots. I really wish I made one of those roadtrips when I was younger to catch a game in all the different stadiums, but alas right after college I was already hitched and needed to start the career.

I hope one day I can make it to Fenway and Wrigley at least. Too bad I will never see Yankee Stadium.

Yeah, as much as I hate the Yankees I would have liked to have seen a game at the stadium before it closes.

Yeah, as much as I hate the Yankees I would have liked to have seen a game at the stadium before it closes.

There's still some time. I don't like the Yankees but I went to a game at Yankee Stadium last year on a free ticket against the Twins (I have a pair of friends that are Yankees fans). Somebody backed out on the trip and one of my buddies called offering a ticket. I jumped at it (figuring the same thing as you) and enjoyed myself at the park (even though I'm a Sox fan).

You still have time, it's fun to take a game in at Yankee Stadium regardless of who you root for. I'm a huge Yankee fan ,years ago I got a chance to see a game at Fenway. It was really a fun experience, you can sense the History that these two Stadiums hold between their walls.

Yeah, there is just something about historic stadiums like Fenway, Wrigley, Yankee Stadium, Notre Dame Stadium in football, etc. These places are more like cathedrals than sports arenas. You can just FEEL the sense of history when you watch a game there. It's palpable and you can literally sense it. Awesome stuff.

Back