Day at FENWAY - Sox vs. Mariners 6-8-08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can just FEEL the sense of history when you watch a game there. It's palpable and you can literally sense it. Awesome stuff.

Ya, it's funny because no matter how many times you go with the same person, there's always some story to talk about that you didn't the last time, Buchner, Pesky's pole, the blue seat in right field. You don't go just for the game of the day, you go for the experience of the team and all the various players that have come through over the ages, even ones you never saw play, and now remember things to like the Monster without seats and things like that too.

You should really take one of the Fenway Tours someday as well. You go all over the park into places that are normally off-limits to regular ticket holders (like the Red Sox Hall of Fame) and learn all kinds of interesting anecdotal tidbits and park history. Fascinating stuff.

You should really take one of the Fenway Tours someday as well. You go all over the park into places that are normally off-limits to regular ticket holders (like the Red Sox Hall of Fame) and learn all kinds of interesting anecdotal tidbits and park history. Fascinating stuff.

I actually had a chance to do that, for my college senior week before graduation our class went there for the day, but I passed to stay home shacking up with my girlfriend :lol and then go see opening day of Revenge of the Sith. In retrospect, still the right decision, Fenway's not going anywhere anytime soon, and now we have a second trophy to see :rock

As cool as Fenway is, its a pretty ridiculous playing field. Lots of places that play so much better for certain types of players than others.

Back