Dastan PF: Prince of Persia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the good thing is if they don't presell many they don't have to make many. ssc really has it easy, no guess work.

the good thing is if they don't presell many they don't have to make many. ssc really has it easy, no guess work.

Yeah, but that only works to a point. It still cost a fair bit of money to develop and produce a prototype. You have all the research and design (which in this case is really a one off, not going to be able to use any of that again), you got all the sculpting cost, cloth development, production of the paint masters, all the box/packaging design, artwork, development.
Then of course you still have to get them all made in China, so production costs, shipping, admin overhead, etc, etc.

So in the end, the ES can't be too small, otherwise it's a loss, but of course in this case, if no one really wants it, then an ES that's too large, ensures it won't sell at anything near retail.

true. but they're able to profit on items like the dead pfs that they only make 1000. granted, no licensing cost, but i'm betting if disney really forced ssc's hand in making this item then the licensing wouldn't be too high. but your points well taken.

Mind you, they can only make a loss on so many items, before it starts to really hurt, but yeah, a one off isn't likely to be that big a deal, I'd say the ES will more go for 'break even'.

One interesting thing that I just noticed, which others may not have, is that this doesn't fall under the Disney PF section, it is in fact part of the video games, so maybe more separate from the actual Disney PF line.

I know Sideshow doesn't typically put this much time and effort into an untested property before the film is released--I wonder how much Disney "encouraged" them to draw attention to the new movie?
I took my kids to see it and I fell asleep about a half hour into it.

Exactly. This thing is a joke, a flippin Happy Meal Toy.

I am just jealous it came out so awesome and there are SW and LOTR PF's that didn't. It kills me, it kills meeeeeeeeee~!:monkey2

Mind you, they can only make a loss on so many items, before it starts to really hurt, but yeah, a one off isn't likely to be that big a deal, I'd say the ES will more go for 'break even'.

One interesting thing that I just noticed, which others may not have, is that this doesn't fall under the Disney PF section, it is in fact part of the video games, so maybe more separate from the actual Disney PF line.

Yes, the promotional video game that video game nerds probably have a WTF thread about right now hehe.

pre-ordered the exclusive but not sure about keeping the order though. hopefully they display a proto of this pf at sdcc.

Just got back from seeing this in theaters.....what a total yawn-fest. This felt like another rehash of the scorpion king, or the mummy or clash of the titans. Nothing in this movie "wowed" me or held my interest....infact I started getting a little sleepy near the middle. In any event...I dont want to own anything from this movie.

Chris

Just got back from seeing this in theaters.....what a total yawn-fest. This felt like another rehash of the scorpion king, or the mummy or clash of the titans. Nothing in this movie "wowed" me or held my interest....infact I started getting a little sleepy near the middle. In any event...I dont want to own anything from this movie.

Chris

this movie is the biggest flop of the year so far. It cost over $150 million and in only its second week of release it is #4 at the box office and has only made $59 so far. DEBACLE

Hitman PF Exclusive ES is 125 and still available....

Good choice for ES for Dastan PF in my opinon.......not a great seller....

Well, really, lets be fair, they had to have an ES that low in order to list it as Sold Out.
Of course, come shipping time, it will be back in stock.

this movie is the biggest flop of the year so far. It cost over $150 million and in only its second week of release it is #4 at the box office and has only made $59 so far. DEBACLE

You forgot one thing :

+ Foreign: $156,400,000 :wave

But you still got distribution, promotion and no doubt a bunch of other stuff onto of that.
I'd say they are maybe still yet to break even.

But you still got distribution, promotion and no doubt a bunch of other stuff onto of that.
I'd say they are maybe still yet to break even.

True, true. However a lot of movies who do poorly at the boxoffice often rake in the dough in movie rentals and DVD/Blu-ray sales.

Like I said...Disney made some money, not blockbuster money, but some.

Back