Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure: Hot Toys vs Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys or Sideshow?

• Hot Toys

Votes: 146 59.6%
  • Sideshow

Votes: 35 14.3%
  • Can't go wrong with either

Votes: 61 24.9%
  • Neither. Wait for the 1/4 scale.

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters
Nother pics. IMAG0794.jpg

What is really like to see is a deluxe sideshow up next to a rogue one vader. I almost pulled the trigger on him but held off because I have the deluxe which I've never found issues with personally outside the gloves.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

My SS Vader is in my living room while my HT Vader is in a drawer in my bedroom only cause I got him last. HT is great but so it's SS's. Buy which ever one you can get cheaper is my advice. U are being swindled otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my 1 1/2 cents if its worth that on the comparison of the deluxe vader vs. HT vader.

In my opinion the best choice is a mix of both as stated before each have their strengths and weakness. However, where one is weak the other is strong hence a mix will bring the best product.

I have the deluxe vader that I've had for a few years now. I picked it up at a steal for $110. My only real issue with it is the body and suit. Which I am in the process of upgrading with a RO body and suit but keeping everything else from the sideshow version.

Sideshow Deluxe strongest points
Base
Light up chest box/belt
Anakin sculpt

Weakest points
Body
Suit

Swap out the suit and body for a HT upgrade and I think you have probably the best vader available at the moment.

Can't take your opinion seriously if you don't have a problem with the sideshow mask and helmet ��

The helmet issue is one of the most talked about so I felt no need to rehash that. But I honestly don't think its all that bad. The HT version is much better but there are still a lot of nit picks about the HT version too.

Here is mine which is a mix of Sideshow and HT

Can you tell me what is HT and what is Sideshow? Here is a hint its not 100% HT and its not 100% Sideshow

Attachments

• IMG_1123.JPG
    IMG_1123.JPG
    507.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    611.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1121.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1120.JPG
    IMG_1120.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 115
Hey jacerc130, that looks great. I've settled on a similar combination of parts, except I have the V2 SS cape, armor, and gloves. I've filp-flopped with the RO armor many times, but settled on the SS one because I prefer the way the cape drapes over it.

81c48e4d-a5e5-4a95-86ef-098d677b7163_zps34uohsau.jpg

Last edited:
Is that your custom air freshener mask?

Hey jacerc130, that looks great. I've settled on a similar combination of parts, except I have the V2 SS cape, armor, and gloves. I've filp-flopped with the RO armor many times, but settled on the SS one because I prefer the way the cape drapes over it.

Yup, it's the air freshener head, but with a RO dome. I wouldn't have the cajones to carve out a bigger chin vent on a real HT head.

That freshener head looks a billion times better than sideshow's work. Ironic

Back