Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that is true I would ask them to confirm its not broken and send it again. Make them look at it and test it.

I'm sure they looked at it but if your box was intact and packed well I highly doubt it would break plus it has to have insurance on it. That's the thing, Sideshow can't be shipping without insurance so the cost you paid has to be covered in full so not sure why it can be a struggle at times but in this case I'd be wanting live confirmation.

The problem is whenever I get a damaged replacement part they tell me that was the best one they had and they don't have anymore so I have to accept a credit or return for a full refund. The worst part is when I have to return an exclusive statue and get a regular because I couldn't get a replacement.

The problem is whenever I get a damaged replacement part they tell me that was the best one they had and they don't have anymore so I have to accept a credit or return for a full refund. The worst part is when I have to return an exclusive statue and get a regular because I couldn't get a replacement.

Yeah but there's tons of these and it's not a slight defect if it's broken so I'm sure they can find you another one.
In any case, good luck :)

there are 7500 of these. Just return it and order a new one. ADs carry it as well and might be able to offer you a better price to boot.

Can someone post pics of their broken light saber? Curious to see if there is a common flaw that I need to watch out for. My light saber was fine but if they are breaking it would be helpful to know to prevent it from happening to mine.

Is it the quality of the saber that makes it fragile, poor packaging perhaps or other reasons?

Thanks

the sabers are delicate and temperamental as hell...sort of like an ex-girlfriend : )

hope for the best and expect the worst.

On a serious note, there is no real rhyme or reason to why they fail...it can be anything from a small break to an issue with the electronics. It may be one of the reasons why SS is shying away from them moving forward.

What a load. If they are admitting they send an item that's not perfect then they should think about how idiotic that is. Hey here's the best broken item to replace another broken item lol

Just a quick update to my shelf. I was scared pooless moving Vader because I couldn't grab him only the base. From now on I'll detach him and rest it on a pillow then move the base. I wish I could leave him where he is but can't plus I'll have to put this whole thing back in when assembled with the roof and drill holes for the wiring and build the rounded corner end cap. Far more work then I ever thought even at this point but it fits well so far. I'll be doing that drop ceiling that's like long left to right rectangles for the ceiling and I'm probably going to mount my color adjustable LEDs so I can go red or white. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

That looks REALLY good!! Once you get it all finished off & lit, I think Vader is going to absolutely look killer in there. :clap Can't wait to see it all finished.

& when I move a big PF piece (like this Vader), a small distance, I use one hand to hold the bottom - for support. & with my other hand I grip the side firmly, with my thumb tight on top of the figures boot. Now, if I'm moving a piece from one room to another, then yeah, it comes apart first.

That looks REALLY good!! Once you get it all finished off & lit, I think Vader is going to absolutely look killer in there. :clap Can't wait to see it all finished.

& when I move a big PF piece (like this Vader), a small distance, I use one hand to hold the bottom - for support. & with my other hand I grip the side firmly, with my thumb tight on top of the figures boot. Now, if I'm moving a piece from one room to another, then yeah, it comes apart first.

Thanks, I hope so. I know it looks crooked and all but I was just fitting it. I had to put Vader back in but he will come out yet again so I can place it back and mark the ceiling. The dark spots are shadows in the pic in the cutout. I was gonna leave the plexi out but no plexi gives shadows. I think I have enough colored LEDs to do all the windows and ceiling.

The front cap should be interesting. Probably have to leave it loose and just slide it on. I admit that I had all my sizing the way I thought is best but I wish the sides were longer going past the back piece and one inch shorter from the edge for the cap to be thicker. I am no way redoing it again lol. Paint has some bumps but that's due to the humidity making it take infinity to still not dry. Guess I could leave them inside for a week then sand them a fourth time. I'll see if some 220 will be better.

It did actually make it look like scuffed metal. I have been posting all my work on this in a thread. I don't have enough time to get them done fast but after that I'm doing this. I'm building my own nook for my cantina. Should be easy to give it thick sides to get the chairs and table close enough. I'll put LED in the back and above of course. I will also be doing something for my game. Maybe put my unpainted R2 by it with a blue LED overhead.image.jpgimage.jpg

Just a quick update to my shelf. I was scared pooless moving Vader because I couldn't grab him only the base. From now on I'll detach him and rest it on a pillow then move the base. I wish I could leave him where he is but can't plus I'll have to put this whole thing back in when assembled with the roof and drill holes for the wiring and build the rounded corner end cap. Far more work then I ever thought even at this point but it fits well so far. I'll be doing that drop ceiling that's like long left to right rectangles for the ceiling and I'm probably going to mount my color adjustable LEDs so I can go red or white. View attachment 286289View attachment 286290View attachment 286291

This is looking great man!

My wife is asking me to sell my vader attakus v1 if I want this one. Should I do it ? :gah:

I never owned the Attakus.. but the pose and appearance is perfect.. I do not own the new sideshow vader neither.. but Im looking forward from someone that has both !

@ambasah?

My replacement lightsaber has arrived, & is now shining beautifully :yess:

image.jpg

image.jpg

& as someone who DOES own both the Attakus v1 & this new Vader PF, I will say that I still love the Attakus v1! I think it's a magnificent piece, even today. I'd have a hard time letting mine go. But if you do, I know they go for big money. You'd be able to get the new Vader PF, & have money left over.
I take photos of the two together here in a bit.

My replacement lightsaber has arrived, & is now shining beautifully :yess:

View attachment 286430

View attachment 286431

& as someone who DOES own both the Attakus v1 & this new Vader PF, I will say that I still love the Attakus v1! I think it's a magnificent piece, even today. I'd have a hard time letting mine go. But if you do, I know they go for big money. You'd be able to get the new Vader PF, & have money left over.
I take photos of the two together here in a bit.

Your pictures are so good! This piece looks absolutely magnificent. Perhaps it's how you positioned the head, but I don't see the issues people have with the pose. He looks awesome!

Back