Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already made room for him:) 20160807_142923.jpg

Great pics Ichy!!

Love the way this looks in profile. If I had this I think I'd display it almost turned this far, with the head turned slightly to his left.

I was skeptical of this before it shipped, but credit where credit is due. This one's a good one. Hope everyone who gets it enjoys it.

The problem with that angle is that you need a LOT of depth on your shelf because of the length of the saber.

to bad that vader is on that high base... it makes it so hard to display with other statues other then the new Boba

If I didn't have the Han in Carbonite PF, I'd almost rather use the old Fett, I think it pairs better with the Vader.

13879261_10157307162820451_4791077607497357006_n.jpg 13912316_10157307192760451_2049001722742624574_n.jpg13872746_10157307192755451_1357965994829388597_n.jpg

I'll be fine with just Vader by himself. I was just gonna put a 1/6 Vader and a few other Vader items. Hope it looks ok. I am doing that background so I can put anyone else.

I am getting a printer that does 1x4 posters so if I do get it I'll make backgrounds maybe.

Here's another boring update. I got a darker gray at least but I'm working on the sides now. Not looking forward to cutting the panels only having a jig saw but I'll go slow and use the already straight edges available. The sides are 2 diff panels. Too loud so I only cut a little. Finish tomorrow.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Retailers typically get pieces from Sideshow about a month after release, sometimes longer if the piece has an exclusive.

Wow that sucks!!! I'm thankful to be able to buy at Sideshow.

I purchased the Koto Stormtroopers, Phasma and Kylo Ren. Ren just shipped but now I wish I didn't order it. I'm going to place them on a shelf alone I guess. Not sure why I posted that lol just thought about it since I ordered it from Urban Colector who I think has great Customer Service.

Retailers typically get pieces from Sideshow about a month after release, sometimes longer if the piece has an exclusive.

I order fairly frequently from AE

They use drop shipping with SSC if you have paid for the item before release so it usually arrives just as soon as even those who order directly from SSC. On preordered items I have never had to wait an extra period of time with them.

They use drop shipping with SSC if you have paid for the item before release so it usually arrives just as soon as even those who order directly from SSC. On preordered items I have never had to wait an extra period of time with them.

That's good. I think my retailer waits for batch shipping, just so it's a bit cheaper on his end.

Is that right? I had no idea about that. I order from them as well but have not ordered SSC products from them yet. I wonder if they'll charge tax as well?

Is that right? I had no idea about that. I order from them as well but have not ordered SSC products from them yet. I wonder if they'll charge tax as well?

Yea thats what they do, unless they just changed their policies without me knowing of course lol.

I have spoken with them on the phone about it a few times as well.

they do not charge tax either. I live in Los Angeles and havent paid any tax.

and as far as the cost, (and i could be wrong about this) i though batch shipping was cheaper for the retailers.

Because SSC already has discounted shipping for themselves as a warehouse that sells their own products, etc. and that is basically the price you pay with drop shipping.

whereas if it is shipped in a huge batch gets shipped to AE in the midwest, there is a cost to that, and then they then have to turn around and ship it back to me at a higher price than SSC would be offered. There has to be some of that cost that is passed ont he me, the consumer

Yea thats what they do, unless they just changed their policies without me knowing of course lol.

I have spoken with them on the phone about it a few times as well.

they do not charge tax either. I live in Los Angeles and havent paid any tax.

and as far as the cost, (and i could be wrong about this) i though batch shipping was cheaper for the retailers.

Because SSC already has discounted shipping for themselves as a warehouse that sells their own products, etc. and that is basically the price you pay with drop shipping.

whereas if it is shipped in a huge batch gets shipped to AE in the midwest, there is a cost to that, and then they then have to turn around and ship it back to me at a higher price than SSC would be offered. There has to be some of that cost that is passed ont he me, the consumer

Thanks for the info! I live in the L.A. area as well and it looks like Vader would be $517 shipped to me if I buy from AE. I'll have to decide whether I want to go with them or see if I can find one a bit cheaper locally.

Back