Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20160805_1019590_rewind_kindlephoto-822503138.jpgIMG_20160805_1020589_rewind_kindlephoto-822345527.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_1023087_rewind_kindlephoto-822235239.jpg
    IMG_20160805_1023087_rewind_kindlephoto-822235239.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20160805_1024053_rewind_kindlephoto-822280640.jpg
    IMG_20160805_1024053_rewind_kindlephoto-822280640.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 233
Can anyone here answer this question. Is the head jointed like boba fett where you can move it around? Thnx

Really enjoying this piece. One of the most satisfying SS pieces I've gotten in a while... feeling like Sideshow is really on a roll. All the stitching and mixed media works great... Light up features are a nice bonus and he makes an awesome stand alone piece. Trying to figure out the best way to display him.

Something about it just feels really satisfying to me... and I like when Sideshow takes risks and pose as opposed to static poses. Him looking up feel like Vader looking up at gantry where Luke has jumped... or it also feels like the contradiction in Vader. Dark but alway looking to the future and trying to secure peace for the galaxy.

I've owned a few different Vaders and this is one of the best. The colors and overall look and feel of the materials are terrific.

Excuse the dust on the helmet. That's me.

Can anyone here answer this question. Is the head jointed like boba fett where you can move it around? Thnx

It does but his neck guard limits the amount of "chin up and down". A lot of people don't like his head looking up but if you put him on a middle shelf or lower he looks great. I had him on the floor because I needed the wall outlet and it looks great from every angle there so I decided to leave him there.

I moved my Boba PF on the floor next to D.V. and it does not work for Boba. He needs to be on a middle or top shelf to look its best.

Man I'm about to request a new saber in case this one ever breaks lol did you have to send back the broken one??????

Cool Jaws. I totally agree on the angle of the pose. It's so true it looks best the way you have it.

I put the cape in a little different spot so he's not burning it with his saber lol but I'll probably do this one you have.

I'm redoing my backdrop and doing the sides and ceiling. I'm planning to do the drop ceiling look of the Death Star. It looks like lower horizontal pieces with the light up inside from pix I see. It will take a while. I got a better wood that doesn't splinter. It's MDF. I tried to get 1/4" but it's only available in 2x4. Can do 3 of 4 pieces with them so I went with all 1/2" hopefully all the holes will make it lighter than an uncut 1/4".

Anyway cool videos. Oh yeah I agree with the wrinkles but man I'm not looking to take it all off. Hand steamer was mentioned but I'd wonder if it could ruin other parts on accident.

SS has let me know my replacement lightsaber is on the way :yess:
I'll soon have a fully functional Vader! I can't wait to see the saber all lit up, in person.

:)

Another video I did outside. Still shaky but the lighting is much better.

On the way the head looks a little high, the other statue that looks very similar in pose to this vader PF is Sauron, now that is where the head tilt should have been on Vader, shame vader's head was not more movable like boba fett. Still I am very much looking forward to getting my Vader PF, especially lighting that piece up

It does but his neck guard limits the amount of "chin up and down". A lot of people don't like his head looking up but if you put him on a middle shelf or lower he looks great. I had him on the floor because I needed the wall outlet and it looks great from every angle there so I decided to leave him there.

I moved my Boba PF on the floor next to D.V. and it does not work for Boba. He needs to be on a middle or top shelf to look its best.

I wrestle with this so much all the time!! It gets even worse when you get into series and one statue looks good on a low self but another is best on a high one... :gah::panic::panic:

Here are a couple of photos I took earlier today. Really enjoying this piece.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 235
Back