Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies... It was the video. That I thought it looked better. The pics were the HT figs :(. Sorry.

HT Vader looks great.. SSC Vader.. the pose is just awkward ..

So has anyone here decided they would order the Ht Vader instead of this? I'm really not yet sold on a 1/4 Figure vs a 1/4 stat.

Probably not yet as both of these will be available for some time. I'm waiting for SDCC to make my choice.

Isn't the HT Vader from ROTS? No one wants to be connected to that movie! :)

It's kind of like apples to oranges because they are from two different movies, with two different suits and helmets. I'm sure the majority of people just see both as Darth Vader, but I imagine a lot of people here on the forum will see the differences. It has become a bigger decision than just figure vs statue.

Well, my decision would be simple if sideshow would've done a bette job on the pose. So with this being said and HT's going with a ROTS Vader, I think I will pass both statues and keep my Vader 1 and Obi PF display.

sorry buddy.. but anyone of the new ones gonna be better then the old SSC Vader...im very sure about that

So I am a little confused. Has anyone actually confirmed there will be a Vader HT? I am still on the fence on this one. I actually think the SS version of Boba Fett looks better than the HT one. No it doesn't have articulation, but the pose is so awesome I really don't care. I guess this is really making me wonder whether the HT Vader version would actually be better. Has anyone got actual confirmation on a HT Vader? I still have itchy fingers to pull the preorder button on this one.

It was on display at the celebration. Check the star wars figure section on this forum and you will find it.

thanks. Found it. Gotta say on first impressions I think I will stick with the SS one so far. Seems more imposing. May change my mind once the preorder comes up, but there doesn't seem enough to sway me just yet.

darthvaderpf2 24.jpgdarthvaderpf2 25.jpgdarthvaderpf2 20.jpgdarthvaderpf2 19.jpgdarthvaderpf2 24.jpg

Hey guys,

Here are some shots I found on the net from Celebration. I think based on this prototype this piece looks awesome. Proportions and fabrics looks really good.

Not a big fan of the Hot Toys version. Looks like a bobble head. I was hoping it was going to give SS some competition for a 1/4 scale Vader.

I still don't love the pose, I would like him to be a little less rigid. I would probably still buy it to go with Boba who I have on order. But the icing on the cake is that it has no ES so I'm out unless that changes...

The pose could be MUCH better.... could be limited with a numbered ES... But I NEED a 1/4 Vader in my collection that is NOT a figurine, so I'll go with this one!

Back