Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many actor likenesses have they even had to capture? Robert Downey Jr? :lol

Their quality absolutely annihilates Sideshow. It would be a dream come true for them to pick up the Star Wars license. :pray:

I think what people are saying is that the Comic hero's/villain's that they have done have been very plain.... The Robert Downey was a miss IMO and their Gwyneth Paltrow is downright awful... Their quality is top notch but their face sculpts (with the exception of Magneto) have a ways to go IMO... I am sure they will get better... Magneto is proof of that...

Last edited:
I think what people are saying is that the Comic hero's/villain's that they have done have been very plain.... The Robert Downey was a miss IMO and their Gwyneth Paltrow is downright awful... Their quality is top notch but their face sculpts (with the exception of Magneto) have a ways to go IMO... I am sure they will get better... Magneto is proof of that...

Pretty much sums it up.

Pretty much sums it up.

Yeah went back and looked at pics and videos and both Downey and Paltrow suffer from that lack of detail / plain look.... Granted it's just vids and pics but they were good quality vids and pics and I just don't see either actor in the portraits... But look at SSC early stuff and how much better they continued to get with their likenesses... Of course there have been some misses but they have gotten better. XM will get there... I am sure they will find someone who can nail it every time.

It's no easy task. We can all agree on that. XM just needs more time or more talented sculptors. I'm rooting for them to improve. The competition is good for the consumers.

The XM RDJ/GP sculpts are painted really really well. Its the likeness itself thats less than stellar. I honestly just left then in the box. Fully armored XLII looks phenomenal as is.

The XM RDJ/GP sculpts are painted really really well. Its the likeness itself thats less than stellar. I honestly just left then in the box. Fully armored XLII looks phenomenal as is.

In one of the videos I watched the paint apps on the faces looked great... But yeah the sculpts looked to be lacking...Not a fan of the IM 3 suit but it's a beauty of a piece.

My local shop opened this for early-bird pre-order at $512...

After all that bashing and non-ES (meaning he won't be too hard to get?), plus SS being constantly under-par with their QC, I really dunno if I should jump... opinions, anyone?

I ordered mine. Something I noticed is that the more reaction you get on the boards about a stat the more interest there is in it. All the bashing just means that people care about this stat and in the end a lot of people will get it just because of they care about the character. I use the bashing to gauge how intense people want this statue.

My local shop opened this for early-bird pre-order at $512...

After all that bashing and non-ES (meaning he won't be too hard to get?), plus SS being constantly under-par with their QC, I really dunno if I should jump... opinions, anyone?

There is absolutely zero reasons to pre order this if you aren't completely sure you want it. I'd just wait and have a think about it. If they do stick an ES on him, I may bite. But given the high price, combined with it essentially being unlimited. No.

For me the biggest reason to hold out is the Hot Toys 1/4 scale that should be in the pipeline after Boba Fett.

For me the biggest reason to hold out is the Hot Toys 1/4 scale that should be in the pipeline after Boba Fett.
All factors being equal (paint, sculpt, and scale) the poseability of a Hot Toys offering will be my choice since there 'should' be no visible joint lines. In my eyes, they take away from the overall presentation.

I'm sure with the 1/4 Hot Toys being the ROTS version, this has become more appealing to some. I like this statue. Nothing wrong with the pose IMO.

not to me ! Even with ROTS version I will go def. with HT .. the differences from ROTS and any other Movie is not that huge to me .. but this will have the pose I want for vader without having a plastic rod on him..and without having a plastic looking base that is oversized for no logical reason.. and no razors in his arm pits

Last edited:
Back