Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll order once it goes on Waitlist. It will convert. No need to buy now with the NRD and wait 2yrs for the statue to be released. Or order once its in stock. Its going to be a long wait either way.

I'm 100% in. Absolutely buying it. But even I'm not pre-ordering it. There's no point. I'll keep my fifty bucks for now thank you.

Mixed media Vader PF in this pose, no lights, no big ass base. Would've bought it for $500.

thumb11.jpg

Mixed media Vader PF in this pose, no lights, no big ass base. Would've bought it for $500.

thumb11.jpg

I said that long ago. And that cool pose has been made already... by Kotobukiya in 1:10 scale... But SSC (and Cinemaquette) really want Vader to have a plastic pole in his hand - Happy Festivus! and to be like Jackie Chan in action pose.

Kotobukiya 1:10 Vader:

Kotobukiya Star Wars Darth Vader ARTFX+ Statue.jpgdarth_vader_cloud_city_ver_star_wars_2.jpg

But even this would work better compared with SSC's dancing queen:

Kotobukiya-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-ArtFX-003_1287573315.jpg

I missed it... but was it just speculation by users or an official statement?

I don't recall an SS rep saying that specifically, merely mentioning the increased cost of materials/labor/shipping which some took and ran with to blame the high cost of crude. But the RAPID rate of increase on the cost of these outstrips any of those justifications anyway.

I don't recall an SS rep saying that specifically, merely mentioning the increased cost of materials/labor/shipping which some took and ran with to blame the high cost of crude. But the RAPID rate of increase on the cost of these outstrips any of those justifications anyway.

Understood, thanks for the inputs.
Definitely agree on the last statement, price hikes are too relevant and too frequent, only rationale behind them is characters tax + marketing imho.

I don't like the way they are going with these massive vertical bases, takes away from the main focus which should be the figure/character. Another reason to charge more $ I guess.

I decided to go ahead and preorder. I KNOW I want this statue so it doesn't make sense for me to wait. I can only hope that SS decides to include a light up feature in the final production statue.

I decided to go ahead and preorder. I KNOW I want this statue so it doesn't make sense for me to wait. I can only hope that SS decides to include a light up feature in the final production statue.

Ugh saving at least 10-20% doesn't make sense to you? Even if this is a must have, it makes zero sense to order now. You can wait for in hand pics and get a nice discount by ordering through a 3rd party retailer. Now THAT makes sense...

Yeah honestly you may be able to get it cheaper down the line, and you can wait to see if production pieces come out good. That's good sense to me :<

And who knows, maybe they'll throw with 20% discounts right from the start as it's done with Yoda.

Don't expect 20% discounts on this piece. Or even 10% for that matter. Coupon code $20 is the best we will get. Doesn't bother me however as I'll be using points to get it for free. I'll just wait to order now that there isn't an exclusive and wait for more points to convert. I'll have plenty within a few months.

Smartest thing is to wait for all the ebayers to dump this on ebay after 3 months of release and realizing that is a mistake and will be willing to take losses on selling. Then at least you can see in hand pics.

Don't expect 20% discounts on this piece. Or even 10% for that matter. Coupon code $20 is the best we will get. Doesn't bother me however as I'll be using points to get it for free. I'll just wait to order now that there isn't an exclusive and wait for more points to convert. I'll have plenty within a few months.

It takes longer but at this point might worth to wait until Spooktacular, was that one when they give away RP? I think I've piled around 180$ in RP in the last two years, lol.

Back