Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many threadas did you go through to get those quotes haha? I can't even remember the last time I posted that... Boba PF I guess.

Actually I just quoted a bunch from this thread and then changed the quote to suit my needs... Like this...

JAWS is so cool... He is my Hero :)

I can easily say that this new PF is the best scaled Vader statue I've ever seen and the only one I've ever been inclined to own. It will be be mine even if there is no rush to preorder.

I will get this also at some point.. I think... Unless the hype completely wears off :(

In my experience if I don't order something quickly after release I never go back to order later.

When the announcements for Boba and Vader were both made, I was all in. Having seen both up for PO, I am all out. The only SSC piece I want to snag down the road is the PG PF and probably just a regular after it ships. Everything else...various SSC issues make them all passable. I will still order SSC stuff in the future when something must have pops up but they just keep making head scratching decisions and I become less and less interested...

I still believe that the Attakus Vader nr.1 looks best still.. unfortunately not 1/4 and to expensive for that. This PF looks like to be 2nd in IMO (mythos is cool but the orange ruins it for me)

I still hope that HT will squeeze a 1/4 Vader so it can take Spot 1 !!!

Actually I just quoted a bunch from this thread and then changed the quote to suit my needs... Like this...

I noticed cause I'm pretty sure I've never used those smileys and you quoted me :p I've also never posted that in a SS thread either probably ^^

I don't like the way they are going with these massive vertical bases, takes away from the main focus which should be the figure/character. Another reason to charge more $ I guess.

Well, I'm afraid you're in the minority. I'm pretty sure, while watching the original trilogy, most of us were thinking, "Man, Vader is such a bad ass. But would you take a look at what he's standing on? Hellloooo!"

Yeah there are many SW collectors out there, but most of them cannot afford to pay $500 for a statue. Most SW collectors are in fact Hasbro collectors, not statue, bust, or prop collectors.

A chump maybe, with its crazy price, small hands, weirdly placed helmet and strange fencing pose. :wink1: Attakus V.1 is the best Vader, not 100% accurate , but its simple elegant pose is just awesome.

totally aggree, attakus still the best statue for vader the pose just pure classy.

Well, I'm afraid you're in the minority. I'm pretty sure, while watching the original trilogy, most of us were thinking, "Man, Vader is such a bad ass. But would you take a look at what he's standing on? Hellloooo!"
Exactly. Vader is an iconic enough character that doesn't need a distracting base.

For me, so far this has been the best representation of Vader in any scale...

609fe79da8c1f4133edb17205c872ea6.jpg

It is a great statue, I love mine. But the Attakus v.1 is even better.

blasph.jpg

So I've gone through the thread and haven't seen this mentioned (but the volume of posts was overwhelming so I may have missed it :monkey3 :lol)...

Is the lightsaber blade removable or is it hard wired right into the hilt? Reason I ask is my preference would be to display it so he's only holding the hilt in his hand without the blade.

Well as it looks like it's a cathode tube, then my guess would be that it's not removable. The older style ones SS used were plastic I think and the light just shone up through it, so it was removable.

They could have made a socket at the wrist where it connects so you could take it off I would think and have a second non-lit saber hand....or many, many other things. :(

They could have made a socket at the wrist where it connects so you could take it off I would think and have a second non-lit saber hand....or many, many other things. :(

Indeed. With the Malgus PF, the headsculpts had a male-female connection to get current to the lights on his mask.

With this Vader PF, they could have used that same connection style. Since Vader wears gloves, they could have concealed a joint line at that point.

Back