Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordering today.... $56 per month no sweat then when it's ready AWESOME Vader!!!

I like the pose on this one better than the original Vader, which I never cared for at all. I think the base is a bit over the top, but I felt the same way with the Keaton Batman PF, and once I had it in hand I felt the base worked very well with the overall look of the piece. $500? Eh, we all knew this was coming. Time for Sideshow to test the waters on an iconic character. I'd rather spend $500 on this than $800 on that HT Hulkbuster.

What the F is sideshow doing here. No ES. That means they could make 1,000 or 2 or 3 maybe 4 God knows how many their going to make. No exclusive either. How is this suppose to be a collectible when even Obama can have this in the white house. :mad:

What the F is sideshow doing here. No ES. That means they could make 1,000 or 2 or 3 maybe 4 God knows how many their going to make. No exclusive either. How is this suppose to be a collectible when even Obama can have this in the white house. :mad:

Whether they make 10 or 10,000 I'll still be the only person I know that will own this statue. I couldn't give a rip about who displays this in other cities or places I'll never visit.

Was waiting for pics to decide on using my reward points on this or the DV Mythos-just pulled the trigger on the Mythos. The PF is nice, but just think the Mythos is more unique and looks more like an art piece. Also, is it me or is SS getting lazy with using this new pose for a few of their other current PF releases?

I honestly like the Mythos pose better than the PF, but it needed to be 1/4 or bigger to fit into my collection.
Also, the Mythos pose allowed for an Anakin reveal, with the helmet in his hand.
The Anakin alternative portrait showed in the teaser pic of this PF wouldn't work for this pose.

I remember a few years ago when PF's of this magnitude were $300 - $350.

In fact I actually got my Cyborg Maul for $295 or so through AlterEgo or BBTS.

Anyway, I really like the pose on this, but not the extra base height SS is using to make it look bigger. I'm no Vader expert but something looks very wrong with the codpiece as well.

bummed at the price and as others have said the height. I don't need every piece to be so big. SS needs to chill out with these bases. Maybe I can swing it on a few pieces but not every piece. Vader is worthy...but can I get Fett on a smaller base. Anyway, im out on this one for now but will closely monitor. Oh and does anyone else see the nearly the exact pose as the Keaton PF :slap

Funny thing is the price and height had me revisit the Mythos Vader. Currently calculating rewards points.

Can someone explain the reason of why it is 500$? I can't see anything which is innovative in terms of producing or making this statue! Also no ES! What's sideshow trying to do?

Man, doesn't even matter what this looks like. 500 bucks is pretty comfortably in 1:1 prop replica territory. Could get an RS stormtrooper lid for the money. People who have always looked at statues and figures because they've been the less expensive option might wanna start looking into props, now that the prices are getting close.

Agreed. It's not the price that's holding me back. But you do have an excellent point, a 1:1 replica would beat a scaled statue/bust/figure any day if priced the same.

I really don't like anything about this. The price. Nope. The pose. Nope. The base (I think it looks kind of tacky).

Glad to have the Mythos.

I like it. Honestly that Disney logo on all the pictures are what bothers me most... lol.

$500 is a lot, but I think this may be my first Premium Format figure. Not gonna pre order but will wait for in hand pictures just to make sure.

I have been thinking that Disney logo just doesn't look right when next to Star Wars, thought maybe it was just me though. lol ;)

What happened to the removable helmet as shown in the concept art a couple of months ago?
---->>>> sideshow-darth-vader2.jpg

... better question would be what happened to the base that has been shown in the concept art...

Back