Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so excited. hope he won't be delayed.. so that i can get both boba and vader this year. will look great displayed together, jaw-dropping. :horror

..and the new Darth Maul PF. ;)

If it comes with those freaking Clone Wars legs I'll pass, LOVE Darth Maul and really like CW but hate what they did with him in the show.
Would rather get a new interpretation of his classic look, the first PF was weird, especially the face.

How many of you are deciding between this or the upcoming 1/6th scales from Hot Toys or Sideshow? I know it is kind of an apples and oranges comparison, but I just started collecting 1/6 scale and larger figures/statues (coming from S.H. Figuarts/Black Series/Disney die cast), and so I was wondering what others are thinking. I just picked up the SS General Grievous and I know I want a Vader, but I'm not sure which one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still getting up to speed on what has been and is in the works to be released, is a 1/4 Vader from HT definitely happening?

I past on the Hot Toys 1/6 Vader, although I do have the HT Stormtrooper 2 pack & Leia on order. I love all things Vader, & so definitely have this on order. 1/6 scale & 1/4 scale are so very different- especially when talking about a figure (i.e. the HT 1/4 scale Boba) & a Premium Format Figure (i.e. this Darth Vader) which is a statue. I have a few of SS's Premium Format pieces, & love 'em. I also have the HT 1/4 scale Boba Fett figure, & love that. The 1/4 scale pieces are just show stoppers, be they figures or statues.
Get what you like & what is in your budget, & you can't go wrong.

How many of you are deciding between this or the upcoming 1/6th scales from Hot Toys or Sideshow? I know it is kind of an apples and oranges comparison, but I just started collecting 1/6 scale and larger figures/statues (coming from S.H. Figuarts/Black Series/Disney die cast), and so I was wondering what others are thinking. I just picked up the SS General Grievous and I know I want a Vader, but I'm not sure which one!

None of those. I'm waiting on Hot Toys to update us on what's going on with their 1/4 Vader figure. If it's been canned, I'll likely look elsewhere or continue waiting. This SS offering of Darth Vader isn't appealing in my opinion because of the pose.

Still getting up to speed on what has been and is in the works to be released, is a 1/4 Vader from HT definitely happening?

Yes its def. happening.. I saw a HT brochure for 2016 and there was Vader, Boba and the Stormtrooper ..all the 1/4 scale ones

From Hot Toys Community FB:
https://www.facebook.com/hottoyscommunity/

It's their 2016 Calendar:
Image1.jpg

I hope Vader does not look like that. I thought they were going to fix the bobble head no neck look. :(

Back