Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much dislike the Cinemaquette Vader. Just dont look right, with and without the mask. Now the Sidehsow piece on the other hand is VERY impressive!!! I may get 1:4 scale HotToys Stormtroopers to pose with him! I wish the Sidehsow Troopers had more possibility rather than just the head, to encourage multiple purchases but unfortunately they don't.

I don't know why but in pictures the Cinemaquette Vader appears to have a small left arm. Maybe the angle?... :dunno

cinemaquette_maquette_darth_vader_3_LRG.jpg

I've always regarded that piece as a 'T-Rex Vader'.

tumblr_nq7c2eKe9R1s9ufubo1_400.gif

Yeah the more I look at this PF, the more I like it. I hate the fact that it only seems to have the one "hero angle" to display. Perhaps this is another piece that simply looks better in hand. Should be a good one regardless.

I keep going back and forth on this one. I used to own the original Vader PF and sold it when I was reworking the collection. Now I want a Vader back in the collection and I can't make up my mind if I want to go back to the original or if I want to go with this new one.

just wait.. thats what I do... .. wait until its out... I also wait on see about HT final version

Alex just posted over on SF:

Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

There seems to be some confusion about the upcoming Darth Vader PF possibly being updated with having more lights. Is Sideshow only trying to add some to the main body of the figure (his chest box and/or belt ala Darth Malgus), or is Sideshow also looking in to adding some lights to the base (maybe something akin to the Savage Opress PF hot metal effect)?

It seems the revelation that he will be using a battery and not a power cord means that there will be no lighting for the base since a battery might not be able to provide enough power.

Thanks!

Base, chest, belt and light saber are all the light features expected for Vader.

Sweet!!! This is Darth, freaking, Vader we're talking about here! & it's the LONG awaited updated 1/4 scale Premium Format! SS BETTER pull out all the stops on this one!!! If they do, (with reward points used) it'll be the best $50 I ever spent!!!

Fantastic news! I'm really surprised about the base. That was unexpected. This statue is now set up to be the best representation of Vader yet. If the QC holds up, it will truly be epic!

That's good news. I recently purchased my favorite representation of Vader which is the Mythos statue, but this one will probably join it at some point.
No hurry though, with 7500 of those it won't be sold out anytime soon so I'm gonna wait for the final version and the release.

Back