Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont be bitter.. you like it.. thats important ;)

I can't handle the pose from what I have seen so far..that aint vader to me..

Well I sculpted the thing so I can't help but be somewhat bitter towards your comments.

LOL. No bitterness, just having a bit of fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

There is some artistic interpretation to all of these statues. If not all of the statues would be replicas of movie stills.
People don't like it because his pose is looking up into the distance (Titanic) but some do. A lot of people love the Mythos Vader where as I don't care for it. Each to his/her own.

To me the PF is Vader looking for Luke (when he refused to fight) in the final scene of ROTJ. The pose works for that scene.

It's true while the closest it gets to an in movie scene is after Vader throws his saber at Luke it is still fantastic. It doesn't need to be a movie scene for me.

Common Boba Fett never had the pose from his statue but I and many love it.

For me and I'm sure I'm close on the idea of the pose it is just as Vader is turning on his saber. His left fist is clenched and the right arm is really the only one outstretched as many Jedi do as they ignite their sabers pointing away from themselves. Just think of it as he is putting his arm out sweeping his cape away then igniting it and then the pose was captured.

It's not the titanic and thanks for the photo with the titanic to show how it doesn't look like that.

Point is that it is far better than it is worse and I know every time I enter my man cave I'll be like dayum that is badarse.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%204.16.13%20PM_zpsjiie6gew.png

:rotfl:rotfl

I have zero issue with that pose.

Have you seen the cinemaquette? ****ing ridiculous :lol
The only way it looks decent is if you place Vader so that the head faces you. And it was like 4 times the price.

I have zero issue with that pose.

Have you seen the cinemaquette? ****ing ridiculous :lol
The only way it looks decent is if you place Vader so that the head faces you. And it was like 4 times the price.

I was ready to buy the Cinemaquette Vader until I saw the weird fencing/dancing pose. CM is fugly and expensive. This is not much better, but at least is cheaper.

The SS one has more people that think it is awesome than not.

Can't please everyone but I'm extremely impressed with it and will enjoy it.

That Cinemaquette Vader would be perfect if his legs were straight. That one I will agree is not right just for any character to be posed that way.

Sorry but SS pose is perfect from my view but I'll make my final decision on how I feel when it arrives shortly.(I hope)

I went back to look at more photos of the Cinemaquette Vader and while I would not purchase it I can understand the idea of the pose because it is his pose at least from the waist up. It may come down to that left leg. I guess I'm thinking I can't decide if it isn't the worst or I hate it lol it's just a hair to bent for my taste but as far as the rest it's not the worst. Never caught the price so I'm sure that will make a difference.

One of the most impressive Vader statues that still remains in top today after so long is the Attakus V.1. Not the most accurate, not the best scale, but the most impressive. Why? It has a classic museum pose, a simple base that doesn't detract from the character itself, and no plastic pole in his hand. Companies should learn that sometimes less is more.

One of the most impressive Vader statues that still remains in top today after so long is the Attakus V.1. Not the most accurate, not the best scale, but the most impressive. Why? It has a classic museum pose, a simple base that doesn't detract from the character itself, and no plastic pole in his hand. Companies should learn that sometimes less is more.

:exactly:

The Attakus IS my favorite Vader so far to date. I'll definitely post photos of the two side by side, when my Vader PF arrives in about 2 weeks.

you people crack me up. the grass is always greener.....

if they did that people would be on here bitching away.

I like all of them but for me I like the bases that are not plain.

I guess I'm happy with just about all of them and will be wishing I had it overnighted.

He is my first PF purchase even though I have my SS Trooper and Fett on the shelf already.

:exactly:

The Attakus IS my favorite Vader so far to date. I'll definitely post photos of the two side by side, when my Vader PF arrives in about 2 weeks.

Mine is the Kneeling Vader by GG.
not the most menacing Vader for sure but such an iconic scene.

Mine is the Kneeling Vader by GG.
not the most menacing Vader for sure but such an iconic scene.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I've always liked it. Great piece.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Haha I would be bitching for sure :lol :lol

The only way I would display Vader without his lightsaber is with another amazing option like the Vader Mythos has.
Other than that, no chance. Now the light up features actually make it look like a proper lightsaber (well, as close as we can get in statue form).

Big bases are fine as long as the character is much taller, which is the case here. It's a fairly tall base but he really makes it look tiny. And the fact that it lights up is great, most bases should have a light up feature like on one of the CotD statues, as long as it's justified, it looks amazing when done properly.

The grass is indeed greener. Have you seen the Attakus Vader V.1 or the GG kneeling Vader? Both way more impressive than this PF. But if you are happy with this, good for you, dude. LOL

Haha I would be bitching for sure :lol :lol

The only way I would display Vader without his lightsaber is with another amazing option like the Vader Mythos has.
Other than that, no chance. Now the light up features actually make it look like a proper lightsaber (well, as close as we can get in statue form).

Big bases are fine as long as the character is much taller, which is the case here. It's a fairly tall base but he really makes it look tiny. And the fact that it lights up is great, most bases should have a light up feature like on one of the CotD statues, as long as it's justified, it looks amazing when done properly.

How many times the Vader plastic pole called lightsaber will be turned on in total when on display? 10 minutes? 10 hours? 10 days? All the remaining time of its display it will only be a... plastic pole in his hand. :wink1: I know, I own quite a few Vader statues with plastic poles.

Well, it depends, does it come with an adapter? If it does I don't see any reason to turn it off except if it's in the same room you are sleeping in.
And if it's batteries only it's still something cool to look at once in a while and show to friends.

That being said I just purchased a Malgus PF with a faulty lightsaber so ofc I won't be able to do that with it, but I'm still really glad it's got a lightsaber in his hand. A Sith without a lightsaber is strange for me, especially one with a suit as plain and seen as many times as Vader's. However I agree that it should come with a change of hand and a lightsaber hilt to add to the belt for people who aren't really feeling the plastic pole look, should be standard with all statues wielding a lightsaber.

Light ups are a nice feature, really adds something, if they can be added they should period. I have been collecting for more than 10 years but I'm not old school whatsoever, I have no problem saying a lot of old statues from other companies or old PF's look like crap compared to a lot of the current stuff, and light ups used to be awful in many cases. But now they are awesome.
The pose by itself doesn't make a statue, it's really important but it's not enough either. I wouldn't even display the Attakus if someone gave it to me, honestly. Doesn't even come close to this PF imo but then again, I have never liked any of their statues.

Anyway, you are really into blasters and Stormtroopers whereas I am really into Sith/Jedi, and lightsabers so it makes sense that we have different views on this :D

Well, it depends, does it come with an adapter? If it does I don't see any reason to turn it off except if it's in the same room you are sleeping in.
And if it's batteries only it's still something cool to look at once in a while and show to friends.

That being said I just purchased a Malgus PF with a faulty lightsaber so ofc I won't be able to do that with it, but I'm still really glad it's got a lightsaber in his hand. A Sith without a lightsaber is strange for me, especially one with a suit as plain and seen as many times as Vader's. However I agree that it should come with a change of hand and a lightsaber hilt to add to the belt for people who aren't really feeling the plastic pole look, should be standard with all statues wielding a lightsaber.

Light ups are a nice feature, really adds something, if they can be added they should period. I have been collecting for more than 10 years but I'm not old school whatsoever, I have no problem saying a lot of old statues from other companies or old PF's look like crap compared to a lot of the current stuff, and light ups used to be awful in many cases. But now they are awesome.
The pose by itself doesn't make a statue, it's really important but it's not enough either. I wouldn't even display the Attakus if someone gave it to me, honestly. Doesn't even come close to this PF imo but then again, I have never liked any of their statues.

Anyway, you are really into blasters and Stormtroopers whereas I am really into Sith/Jedi, and lightsabers so it makes sense that we have different views on this :D

The sculpt and the pose is what make a statue, not lights or cloth/fabric. That is why it is a statue and not a figure. Lights are nice, sound chip is nice too, but in the end you depend on batteries, because most of these collectibles come with batteries and not adapters (and batteries leak too). And no matter what spectacular light effects you get, if the sculpt is weird or if the pose is awkward...

And from a guy from France to say you don't like Attakus LOL. Attakus has some superb statues, especially the armored ones. Human faces from them suck, but armored characters are great. Sideshow's old Vader PF is not one of my favorite statues, but I think it is better than this new one. The only thing better on the new PF might be the light up feature. But the simple elegant base, the way you can connect it to Obi and make an iconic scene makes the old one a cool statue. Regarding accuracy, no Sideshow statue or figure really captures it properly (I mean Vader or Stormies/Sandies), Sideshow is known for their "artistic interpretation", but Attakus misses here too.

Anyway remember a Sith can be without a saber, look at OT Emperor, the most powerful Sith, and in ROTJ he didn't need one. And I'm not just into Stormtroopers, I'm into Imperials and troopers. ;) I also own a couple sabers, including a genuine Graflex conversion. I agree that everyone should collect what they like though.

This is why they make so many to choose from.

The kneeling Vader is very cool but the Attakus is not my cup of tea and the SS is my favorite.

I'll take them all by the way but for ME I'm loving the SS Vader the most then the kneeling version. Wish I had one.

It's really all about preference. We can all say whatever we want so I'm happy each of us likes at least one version.

Back