Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna see some pics already. I know sideshow collectibles has a booth set up at star wars celebration..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The grass is indeed greener. Have you seen the Attakus Vader V.1 or the GG kneeling Vader? Both way more impressive than this PF. But if you are happy with this, good for you, dude. LOL

i owned the attakus v1 and have seen the kneeling GG. both are good. nothing to write home about in terms of being all time greatest statues, not for me. now we get 1/4 scale mixed media with light options and you want the industry to forget all the progress that collectible companies have made and just offer museum poses? ok. i don't get it but you're certainly entitled to your own tastes. personally id say its ok to like them all. but as demanding as the clientele has become, i don't think SS would get away with a museum pose. didn't they do that with PF V1? i don't recall of the top of my head...or wasn't it in the vs. obi wan ep IV pose? that was as static a pose as we'll see these days from SS or HT.

All I'll say is that in my opinion, the upcoming Darth Vader PF is the best Vader statue yet made. He looks menacing, yet mechanical. It's got the " you cannot hide from me forever" vibe all over it. The mixed media looks really well tailored, leaps and bounds above the original PF. Additionally, the light up feature will take this piece to an all new level.

As far as the "plastic pole" goes, a center piece Vader statue like this without a light sabre would have been an epic fail. If you have multiple Vader statues, it doesn't matter, but if it's the only one you got, you need to have his crimson lightsaber; it's one of his signatures.

For the people who don't like the pose, don't buy it then! Please stop complaining about the same thing over and over again. I'm sure the Hot toys will be great and it can be posed to your heart's content.

i owned the attakus v1 and have seen the kneeling GG. both are good. nothing to write home about in terms of being all time greatest statues, not for me. now we get 1/4 scale mixed media with light options and you want the industry to forget all the progress that collectible companies have made and just offer museum poses? ok. i don't get it but you're certainly entitled to your own tastes. personally id say its ok to like them all. but as demanding as the clientele has become, i don't think SS would get away with a museum pose. didn't they do that with PF V1? i don't recall of the top of my head...or wasn't it in the vs. obi wan ep IV pose? that was as static a pose as we'll see these days from SS or HT.

I don't see mixed media consisting in fabric over polystone a big progress. Like I said a statue should have 2 things to make it great: a good sculpt and a nice pose. About the sculpt I'll discuss when the statue is in collector hands and we can see the Vader helmet and armor closely. The pose is not quite there though, and the tall base doesn't help either. I'm looking for the ultimate Vader statue: CM is not it (superb helmet sculpt, the most accurate, weird pose), old PF is not it, Attakus is not it, despite its superb pose, has that freaking ugly helmet sculpt, and unfortunately this new PF is not it either. I hoped the new PF will be it, to have my search over, but I'll look forward for other Vader renditions in the future.
BTW Sideshow can get away with most things. Didn't you learn that by now? :wink1:

All I'll say is that in my opinion, the upcoming Darth Vader PF is the best Vader statue yet made. He looks menacing, yet mechanical. It's got the " you cannot hide from me forever" vibe all over it. The mixed media looks really well tailored, leaps and bounds above the original PF. Additionally, the light up feature will take this piece to an all new level.

As far as the "plastic pole" goes, a center piece Vader statue like this without a light sabre would have been an epic fail. If you have multiple Vader statues, it doesn't matter, but if it's the only one you got, you need to have his crimson lightsaber; it's one of his signatures.

For the people who don't like the pose, don't buy it then! Please stop complaining about the same thing over and over again. I'm sure the Hot toys will be great and it can be posed to your heart's content.

In my opinion it is not, but hey, we live in a reasonably democratic world and various opinions are welcomed, so I don't think you can shut people up by asking to stop saying this or that, especially if it is discussed a decent manner. Otherwise I would say like Al Bundy says: "Go away, Peg!" :p It would also be a very bland world if everyone liked the same things.

I don't see mixed media consisting in fabric over polystone a big progress. Like I said a statue should have 2 things to make it great: a good sculpt and a nice pose. About the sculpt I'll discuss when the statue is in collector hands and we can see the Vader helmet and armor closely. The pose is not quite there though, and the tall base doesn't help either. I'm looking for the ultimate Vader statue: CM is not it (superb helmet sculpt, the most accurate, weird pose), old PF is not it, Attakus is not it, despite its superb pose, has that freaking ugly helmet sculpt, and unfortunately this new PF is not it either. I hoped the new PF will be it, to have my search over, but I'll look forward for other Vader renditions in the future.
BTW Sideshow can get away with most things. Didn't you learn that by now? :wink1:

In my opinion it is not, but hey, we live in a reasonably democratic world and various opinions are welcomed, so I don't think you can shut people up by asking to stop saying this or that, especially if it is discussed a decent manner. Otherwise I would say like Al Bundy says: "Go away, Peg!" :p It would also be a very bland world if everyone liked the same things.

it sounds like we both are sitting here and have to wait for HT to come out with a huge surprise and give us a Rouge One Vader version 1/4 .. I believe more and more that this might happen . why else they dont put out the ROTS version they had as good as done and showed at several shows already !?

Then we have our Attackus pose.. not plastic stick attached .. menacing Vader. ..simple and threatening..

it sounds like we both are sitting here and have to wait for HT to come out with a huge surprise and give us a Rouge One Vader version 1/4 .. I believe more and more that this might happen . why else they dont put out the ROTS version they had as good as done and showed at several shows already !?

Then we have our Attackus pose.. not plastic stick attached .. menacing Vader. ..simple and threatening..

Not to poop the party, but didn't they also have a 1/4 scale Stormtrooper basically "done" and showing off about a year ago? We have yet to see that as well. If we could figure out the minds of those that tease and time the distribution of stuff, we'd be...well, I don't know, but certainly more informed :)

Yes the version 1.0 Sideshow PF of Vader is the versus from Ep IV. It's a great statue IF you also have the Obi-Wan and can put them together in that pose. Very iconic. If you have one or the other, it's really "meh". For years I didn't have the right sized shelves to display them together so even though I had both, it was still "meh". Recently changed shelves and it made a huge difference in likability of both pieces having them truly together. I think V 2.0 will look good regardless of what other Star Wars stuff you have around it... Very iconic on its own...

Or you could sculpt the ultimate Vader statue my talented friend. :) With the help of a few Vader experts you could teach these companies what a Vader statue can be

At this point, we should really all know better than to judge a Sideshow piece (either positively or negatively) before the finalized production photos are shown... :lol

Don't trust the "finalized production photos" either as they take the best of their lot, touch them up and hide any problems. In-hand photos are the only way to judge SS.

I just have to say owning no previous Vader PF I'm as stated super excited but that said I have to add this.

I find using mixed media to be far, far better than just a statue. This is just my personal opinion clearly.

My feeling is that it truly brings it to life and makes it more of a mini piece of the movie over just a fancy garden gnome. Yes I know it's not a garden gnome but is it much different lol the mixed media and lighting for me it what gets me going. I'm thinking how when people are over I'll just pop on all the lights for whatever had it and bam. I can't see many visitors shaking their heads and trashing it or any of them but most of all I'll be happy.

This is all pending any issues.

I said back long ago I feel Kylo Rens base will get the lighting effects before its done. I also think Voltrons numbers on the base will light.

I find using mixed media to be far, far better than just a statue. This is just my personal opinion clearly.

My feeling is that it truly brings it to life and makes it more of a mini piece of the movie over just a fancy garden gnome. Yes I know it's not a garden gnome but is it much different lol the mixed media and lighting for me it what gets me going. I'm thinking how when people are over I'll just pop on all the lights for whatever had it and bam. I can't see many visitors shaking their heads and trashing it or any of them but most of all I'll be happy.

Exactly :goodpost:

Like dao2 said, just waiting for in-hand pics because between the lack of EX and the insane ES, there really is no hurry. Already found the best (most affordable) French retailer to purchase it from, now simply waiting :clap

I just have to say owning no previous Vader PF I'm as stated super excited but that said I have to add this.

This is all pending any issues.

I said back long ago I feel Kylo Rens base will get the lighting effects before its done. I also think Voltrons numbers on the base will light.

Love mixed media also. Got me hooked on premium format collecting. It may not have posability of a 1/6 figure, but sure looks like one. Nothing like unboxing my first pf and my 8th! and 9th this Friday!

I can`t imagine why museum poses should be a better sale choice for companies. Some like museum some like action pose, this one is in the middle imo.
Real glad for the light up adds :clap

Gonna get this one down the line. Still have GG and Attakus.v2.

u guys saw what kind of pose the Legendary has??? WHY NOT THIS FOR THE PF !? THATS VADER !

u guys saw what kind of pose the Legendary has??? WHY NOT THIS FOR THE PF !? THATS VADER !

You can achieve that pose with your long overdue 1/4 hot toys. Thats your only hope bro..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back